Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
light Offline OP
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
Have any of you had major surgery since showing symptoms of AS? Pre or post diet? How did your bodies react? I figurng either the AS might either be tempered down, as with pregnancy, or wig out. I would like to know both cases, good and bad. If good, did you do anything you think helped, if bad: how long did it take to normalize AS wise? Also, I m super sensitive to starches, so curious if anyone figured out a way to dodge the bullet in that area. I have to basically have a c section to remove an enormous (13cm) cyst. Because it looks suspicious, huge nodules inside the cyst, they can not remove it laparoscopicly to do the biopsy as a precaution.) ANY words of wisdom would be amazing. (I should also mention that I was in diet induced remission before this happened and feeling very strong). Thanks for any help!!!

My yum: celery/avocado/spinach/kale/arugula/chard/lettuce/kombu/nori/all microgreens(but I avoid sprouts)/all meats/bone broths/all fish/eggs/ oils: hazelnut oil/coconut oil /pecan oil /olive oil/walnut oil/pecan oil/pumpkin oil/avocado oil /ghee/nut butters: hazelnut/brazil nut/skinless marcona almond/tahini/coconut flour/coconut kefir/homemade 72 hour goats milk yogurt/umeboshi paste/thyme/grey sea salt/Garlic infused oils/
Fruit: berries, cherries, plums, nectarines, peaches
AS Czar
AS Czar
Hello, light:

I've had two major surgeries since starting NSD: Harrington fixation and radical osteotomy.

Both surgeries went amazingly well, despite people on staff TRYING to feed me starches immediately post. Well, the osteotomy was complicated by my terrible spine (neurosurgeon said "screwing into your spine is like screwing into wet drywall!")--11 hours was blocked out for the procedure but it took 20 (a record for that hospital).

Neurosurgeon suggested that inflammation, in general, is counter-productive to healing: That is why they use so many steroids post-op! They had to give me insulin to keep my blood sugar down (which also impedes healing).

But, overall, the NSD made the operations go much easier and heal much faster.

I have come to believe that my AS was exacerbated by SIBO, and it took many cycles of antibiotics to eliminate this. At first, I kept reacting to starches, but after the antibiotics I no longer react at all. I can eat anything and my ESR, which was once over 100 and patently tied to diet, remains between 1 and 9.

Ask any surgeon to provide antibiotics that have the best anti-Klebsiella properties. Also, consider finding a Road Back Foundation physician willing to prescribe antibiotics for AS.

But it is also important to eat foods and take supplements which help heal the gut: Okra, lychee fruit, a little yoghurt/vitC, vitE, vitD, lysine, niacin+niacinamide. Zinc, copper, B12, Bcomplex, and glycine are also very good. But especially don't forget the EFAs and GLAs: EVOliveOil by teaspoonful throughout the day--5-8X and borage seed or other source of GLA (I took 2g effective amount to take down flares).

Let us know how it goes for You and 'when' so we can send healing energy...

HEALTH,
John

light Offline OP
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
Thanks so much, John. I met with my surgeon and he said he could do it primarily laproscopicly, which is beyond excellent news. I will have to have a larger incision to remove the solid part of the cyst, and thst is 5cm as opposed to 13cm, so I will take it. I will be beyond relieved once they have done a biopsy, as 3out of four people in my immediate family have had various types of cancer including me. So, yes, definitely send good vibes on the 19th. He wanted to do it sooner, but they are having me meet with someone who is both familiar with the surgery and my condition beforehand.

My yum: celery/avocado/spinach/kale/arugula/chard/lettuce/kombu/nori/all microgreens(but I avoid sprouts)/all meats/bone broths/all fish/eggs/ oils: hazelnut oil/coconut oil /pecan oil /olive oil/walnut oil/pecan oil/pumpkin oil/avocado oil /ghee/nut butters: hazelnut/brazil nut/skinless marcona almond/tahini/coconut flour/coconut kefir/homemade 72 hour goats milk yogurt/umeboshi paste/thyme/grey sea salt/Garlic infused oils/
Fruit: berries, cherries, plums, nectarines, peaches
M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
Light good luck I hope all goes well for you. You bet I will be thinking and sending good thoughts your way.
ETTE
Darrel

N
naj Offline
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Diamond_AS_Kicker
N
On the 19th I will be thinking of you so much, sending prayers your way.
I craved starchy things after my surgery as my stomach was a little tender, but I didn't have the horrible nausea that I was cautioned about. So, knowing what I know now, I think I'd plan ahead and stock my freezer with some starch free goodies, make sure you have your ingredients for smoothies and soups, and don't hesitate to ask specific things from friends and family members. They want to help! xo

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Hope all went well for you light.

Not really helpful for you now but...My cruddy immune system is prone to infections, particularly when I have a wound on my skin. I've found that for wounds the most effective was chili powder. Yes chili - applied topically and kept in place with a bandaid or surgical tape. Works better for me even than iodine, and I know that's hard to believe (Oh well). It gets the immune system active at the wound site and it heals nice and quick.

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
>> I've found that for wounds the most effective was chili powder

Correction - I put on iodine on and then chilli powder and I found that helped speed up wound healing noticeably. Iodine alone wasn't working very well for me. Not suggesting you do this post surgery!.. just something that came to mind so I thought I'd share smile I had learned about it here:
http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/cuts2.html

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 32 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Chamomile tea can reduce inflammation
by L33 - 07/26/22 11:20 PM
Best Gym Equipment to have
by L33 - 07/26/22 10:10 PM
Ankylosing Spondylitis is curable
by Sudhir - 07/24/22 07:34 AM
Let Us Know You Dropped In!
by Magician - 07/15/22 05:46 AM
Numb fingers, nerve pain
by Stevenage69 - 07/12/22 11:06 AM