Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
lulu12 Offline OP
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Today was my last day on rifaximin and I'm so afraid I will be back to where I was. I was on it for 14 days and my sacroiliac joint pain has been practically gone. I have not felt this good in years. Now I just don't know what will happen. I emailed my doctor asking to remain on it a little longer but have not heard back.

The fact that this med had such an influence on my pain means what exactly?

W
Warrior_AS_Kicker
Warrior_AS_Kicker
W
Hi Lulu- that is great rifaximin helped decrease your pain. Does the drug have an anti-inflammatory effect or it could be killing off bacteria in your body that was triggering your flares? Hopefully, you won't be back to where you were any time soon and now you have another tool to treat the disease. I am happy things are better for you. Maybe your doc took you off so you don't build a resistance to the drug. Keep us posted.

Shari

Meds -Hizentra, leflunomide, Prednisone
C
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
C
This study used rifampin(rifaximin)/doxycycline or rifampin/azithromycin. I tried rfmpn/azthrmycn for two months based on it but had no relief.

If possible, I would highly recommend working with a functional medicinal Dr or Naturopath when taking/after antibiotics.

http://www.rheumatologynetwork.com/arthr...ay-promise-cure

If that link doesn't work...

https://www.kickas.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=499171#Post499171

L
lulu12 Offline OP
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Coattails my doc is a functional med one. Rifampin is not rifaximin. The two are very different. I took rifampin a few yrs ago for lyme. It is an extremely tough drug to tolerate. Rifaximin is not systemic and solely stays in the intestines.

Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
What sort of dosage did you follow during your 14 days?

B27+, 2nd Rheumy: 'inflammatory backpain'.
IBS + SI/lumbar/thoracic/cervical/knee/elbow stiffness & pain.
Managing inflammation very well with diet since Jan 2011.
Slow but consistent reduction in symptoms year by year.
Haven't seen a physician in years.
Took LDN (4.5mg) between 2013-2015, 2018-2019.
L
lulu12 Offline OP
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
I was taking 550 three times a day. My doc agreed to call in another refill.
I am noticing some weight gsin and wondering if it coild be from the rifaximin. I dropped close to 30pounds when I changed my diet and relly happy where I am so ot looking to gain any back.

I know I cant stay on this med forever so I need to have a plan in place. I'm puzzled as to why it seems to have resolved my symptoms so much.

AS Czar
AS Czar
Hi, lulu12:

The rifaximin is a great drug for killing off Klebsiella and You have done the best thing in reducing dietary starch while taking this very good drug. It has some notable effects controlling Crohn's, also, which only helps support the observation by Ebringer, et al, that the root cause of both AS and CD is the same.

So that is the reason rifaximin had the greater influence on Your pain--it has great anti-AS properties.

It was the NSD+antibiotics that got me totally over AS 15+ years ago, and I never looked back. Regret antibiotics will help us gain weight, but I am a very happy Buddha indeed!

Although rifaximin is not the only antibiotic that can be used in conjunction with diet to such AS-bashing results, I think it is absolutely the best choice with few complications and undesirable side effects.

If You are apprehensive about going off this antibiotic, You can test Your diet this way, as pains return there are probably "fringe" foods that have too much starch. It is better to evaluate diet from a situation of best-case remission because You start knowing just how good You should feel, and the warning signs are easier to spot then.

However, I strongly believe that several cycles of the Cipro should be done, followed by some metronidazole (Flagyl), but everyone is different and it is very important to find a physician knowledgeable; like a Road Back Foundation referral. You are welcome to use my AP for AS as a basic guideline. The reason for the Cipro (or similar fluoroquinolone) is that it is bactericidal, so will help take down existing colonies that diet alone and rifaximin will not.

It took about two years--at least 6 cycles of the Cipro--for me to notice greatly reduced AS activity and much lowered sensitivity to dietary starches. Until today, when I no longer so predictably flare upon eating even fried breaded starchy junk. And I am willful, so I do this experiment too often these days!

Antibiotics--the correct ones, at the correct times--will allow the diet to work much more effectively, and also allow us much greater latitude in our menu.

HEALTH,
John

L
lulu12 Offline OP
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Thanks John. Unfortunately my laptop has dies and I am unable to open your AS links on my computer.
I'm hesitant to do other antibiotics due to candida issues. The weight gain does have me concerned and it is making me feel very bloated.
I'm wonderingif I should do a tapering dose of the rifaximin rather than 550three times a day.
Perhaps there are some herbals I could use..

AS Czar
AS Czar
Hey, lulu12:

Regret trick I should have known is to use colloidal silver when taking antibiotics. You could also try substituting Tanalbit and maybe backing off on the dosage. Not sure if these are pills that could be cut in half, but that might be an experiment.

The Tanalbit is a commercial product that has tannic acid and perhaps helps reduce Kp numbers.

Colloidal silver is synergistic with antibiotics, according to Mercola. Grapefruit seed extract is also reported to have some natural antibiotic effect, as does garlic perhaps. Worst case, we have every justification for taking SSZ which is a sulfa based drug with built-in antibiotic activity and very successfully been used in conjunction with diet.

I have mentioned GLA and it would be good to keep some on hand--just in case. Also fresh wheatgrass juice.

If You are interested, I can send to You the documents: anzaltopo@yahoo.com.

HEALTH,
John

C
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
C
Sorry about that, Lulu. Bad assumption obv on my part.

When DragonSlayer said tanalbit, it reminded me of this article.

http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/harmfulbacteria.html

" Some of these bacteria, klebsiella pneumoniae comes to mind, are susceptible to each product equally so no single product works better than any other. Because bacteria will build resistance to herbs just like they do to antibiotics, I recommend you use all four.

The products are:

Tanalbit allergic to casein, use Viracin instead.

Berberine

Oregano Oil

Uva Ursi "

My naturopath had me on cat's claw, japanese knotweed and cryptolepis for one and a half months. He may have based his protocol around the 1st version of this book
http://www.amazon.com/Herbal-Antibiotics-2nd-Edition-Drug-resistant/dp/1603429875

I don't know the differences between having a kp infection as a stand alone vs. as a part of lyme but there is this too
http://www.buhnerhealinglyme.com/co-infections/klebsiella-pneumoniae-with-lyme/

One more
http://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=3828

To be completely over AS symptoms is really rare. People say "do this" and "do that" and "do this while you're doing that" but Dragon Slayer is the only one I know of to be totally over AS(with the ability to eat starchy foods). Hard to argue with those results!

I'm happy to hear that you're doing well and hope your able to have continued relief one way or another.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 113 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM