Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
fonzy Offline OP
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Hi everyone.I was wondering if anyone ever experiences sore cracking toes,and weak legs.My ham strings are sore when standing too long,and i can't walk as far as i used to because my legs seem to get weak.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Happy Trails To You Until We Meet Again

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Actually I have the same issue with my legs not my feet but I cant stand for very long and I favor my right leg I call it my bum leg..lol I think mine is my knee, muscles, and the joint..sadly about all I can do for it is take pred or pain pills

I hope you figure something out with yours

Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

D
Active_Member
Active_Member
D
Ensure you wear comfortable flat shoes all the time. Stretching is extremely important as your muscles are tight. When your muscles are tight they can get over worked quickly which develops tenderness/soreness

I have had cracking toes for some time.

As prior poster stated, shoes are extremely important. I have to buy very comfortable shoes... if not, my back feels it. My father was the same way with his AS.

Fortunately I work at home and can dress very casual... I wear Air Nike shoes most of the time as these shoes are very comfortable for me.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
C
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
C
I think aching calves can be a sign of some neuro damage - neurogenic claudication - that can come from spinal stenosis. Not had the cracking toes though I can imagine its not very comfortable. I also swear by good shoes, with the springiness of the sole (shock absorption) being the most important thing I look for. Sports shoes often fit the bill, but I've had really nice casual leather shoes as well that have excellent soles and comfortable fit. Its worth looking around, and also asking knowledgeable shoe shop staff.

fonzy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks a bunch everyone.I have often wondered about changing shoes,and to see if it helps.I appreciate everyone that took the time to respond.I am off to the shoe store tomorrow to see about some good Air Nikes...i have seen them before and liked them.Its lest worth a try.
Thanks again everyone.

Happy Trails To You Until We Meet Again

Active_Member
Active_Member
I have severe motor sensory peripheral neuropathy of both feet ,legs and left hand .My Neuro diagnosed it via nerve conductivity tests. Seems to think mine has a hereditary as well as auto immune cause because I have clubbed toes. He said he really does not know what caused it so he is not prepared to treat it. Thank god for Gp's. Ron.

I had very bad hamstring tendonitis (where the tendon attaches behind the knee)...felt like someone was slicing the back of my knees open with razor blades...lots of "rest" and ice for about a month, followed by stretching and alternating ice and heat to break up the scar tissue.

If i hadn't learned self treatment from years of PT, would have ended up going to PT for it.

You could try PT, they are great, if you find a manual PT who knows how to do more than give exercises.

Toes: I had enthesitis of a tendon on the top of my big toe a few times...being careful not to press my toe up into the top of my shoe helped it heal. Contrast baths always help all my feet problems...another trick I learned in PT.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis
by Missalicia - 05/25/22 05:38 AM
New recipe website from Janneke
by DragonSlayer - 05/10/22 05:03 PM
Looking for help dealing with Heartburn
by Magician - 03/11/22 11:15 PM
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!