Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#506157 08/30/14 11:57 PM
Possi Offline OP
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hope you are all doing relatively well and enjoying the weekend.

I went to the hospital Wednesday to get a Cervical MRI and Scoliosis x-rays. I was having dizziness and would move slow and take my time changing positions, etc. I was leaving the MRI area and turned my ankle and fell flat on that hard tile floor which was only a thin tile softer than the sidewalk was.

I am so over falling!! My ankle/foot is black. I have a huge ugly bruise on my hip/leg and my wrist is swollen and painful. I also hit my head and had a headache for a while. They were all over getting me checked out. I guess if you are going to fall, the hospital is the place to do it.

I see the rheumatologist Tuesday and don't see the NeuroSurgeon for another week. When we get through this, I am seeing my PCP and see if there is any other reason for my falls. I also fell last Saturday. I still think it is from my spine. If I get a little off balance I can't move my legs fast enough to catch myself. I am just really not wanting to use the walker but I know it would beat a broken bone.

Just complaining a little.

Welcome to all of the newbies. I am glad you are here and you got a lot of good information from our fellow AS'rs. smile

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

"A FRIEND LOOKS THROUGH YOUR BROKEN FENCE TO ADMIRE YOUR FLOWERS."

Possi #506163 08/31/14 03:25 PM
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
heart

Sorry to read about the fall! Hope it was just some bruises and nothing more serious!

Yes, I think using a walker would take some getting used to, I can see that.

But I really like the looks of those ones with the seat on them; if I ever need one, that's what I'm getting. I've often wanted a place to sit sometimes,

two birds with one walker smile

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Possi #506168 08/31/14 03:55 PM
Ohhhh Joyce - what a scare. Hope no bad damage. At least in the hospital - hope they can find the cause of all these falls. Sounds spinal, probably cervical spine ?

Please take care hon, and get that walker out - orders !

Big (((HUG))) hugss

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Possi #506177 08/31/14 09:54 PM
C
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
C
Just what you don't need, but glad you got checked out. My mum has just had another fall - I am sure hers come from her cervical spine. Every time she bends her head too much to look down she blacks out and goes down. She uses one of those walkers with a seat and it has been really great for her, though she still tries to go without it, and thats when she falls.

Possi #506192 09/01/14 06:49 PM
Sorry to hear about the fall Possi.. hope you are feeling better now.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Possi #506201 09/02/14 05:08 AM
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Sorry to hear about the fall, Possi. Sue's idea of the walker (on wheels) and with a seat sounds like a great idea. Same here, I'd get that one if I had to do it. Has little brakes so you don't race along too fast. wink Hope you are okay, though a bit bunged up. Gentle hugs, Possi.

DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis
Meds: MTX since Oct 2009, 15mg/week. Cimzia-restarted after 2 yrs away.
Epidural Steroid Injections x8; Lumbar Radiofreq Ablation x2
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9
Possi #506229 09/03/14 01:14 AM
S
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
S
Oh, no, I hope you feel better soon. Falling is the worst. I just hate when I'm trying so hard to get better and then I trip or get up wrong or something and get set back. I just try to remember that eventually I was bound to trip or fall or whatever so I have to try not to despair because it's just inevitable. I hope things start looking up soon!!! I hope you are having a better day today at least.

Everything is okay. Trust yourself, and do not live from a place of fear.
Possi #506236 09/03/14 03:21 AM
Joyce oh my goodness I hope you are ok and dont end up with too many bruises...

I just have to tell you about Tori started a job at a bank or credit union three months ago as a teller Im already just so dang proud of her for all she has to know and she is only 20 but another position came up with alot more responsibility and this job is a salaried position we about fell over when she got it...today was her first formal day on her new job she loves working there we are so excited for her and so proud of her for being so responsible when alot of kids are just still being kids...she is living here with us and we dont expect her to move out but she is now going to save most of her checks in the next six months and get a new car or that is at least the plan...I just wanted to share my good news with you.

Hugs

Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

Possi #506267 09/05/14 12:42 AM
Possi Offline OP
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Lisa! Tell Tori Congratulations!! I am so excited for her and proud of her. She is doing great. I know you are proud of her.

I am rather bruised up but I am ok. I didn't wear my ankle brace today but I think I need to be wearing it.

Thanks so much for sharing your good news with me.

I love your sweet family!

Joyce

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

"A FRIEND LOOKS THROUGH YOUR BROKEN FENCE TO ADMIRE YOUR FLOWERS."

Possi #506351 09/10/14 12:58 PM
Sweetie, please use the walker until you are steadier on your feet?! You've been through so much to get yourself walking again; please don't jeopardise that, OK?

That said, I am so sorry you had this fall. As you say, at least you were already at the hospital when it happened. How is your wrist? You haven't broken it, have you?

Please do take care of you, my dear. You're far too special to go throwing yourself around like this. wink

Love,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Christichka), 87 guests, and 89 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM