Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Several members are using Ultrasound device for pain management. I would like to know their experience of using this. I also request your experience / results with devices for home use with their make and model details.
Thanks in advance.

Jay

E
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
E
found it good in winter time to help get some warmth to the joint and muscle. kinda falls into the same category as Dr. Ho® Muscle Therapy System ans acupuncture for me...helps increase blood flow. Personally Infra-red helps me the most..recently just got a infrared sauna but you can buy smaller less expensive infra red devices that pin point a certain spot. best of luck

Evan
Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Thank you. I am exploring the details to buy a device for home use. Hence, I require a reliable system which works for others. I am seeking for the brand name, model number etc.,

Jay

Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Jay
I'm checking into this product which actually looks pretty good.Its reported to get deep heat down 2.5 inches into the back ,where normal pads heat just on top. Apparently,it takes a little longer to get the heat down to the spine level though. It comes in at around $250 Can.I'd like to get one-just have to get around to it. I believe that home Lasar equipment would be substantially more.

Thermotex Equine Therapy Systems
Personal Therapy Systems
IntroWho we helpHow it worksProductsOrder
Graphic EvidenceClinical InfoContact us
Back

What's different about Thermotex™?
What does Infrared do?

Through the absorption of infrared thermal energy, tissues are safely and gently heated resulting in increased blood flow within the treated area. Your body’s natural response to this increased temperature is to maintain a condition of homeostasis—a balanced environment or state of equilibrium throughout the body. To do this, your body responds with an increase in blood flow to the treated area.
Thermotex™ is the natural approach to effective pain relief.

Cheryl O'Berg
"I had an opportunity to use a Thermotex™ device after I broke my leg. The doctor expected my cast to be on for 8 weeks and after 4 weeks I went for a check up. He did the X-rays and found that the cast could come off and that it had healed much quicker than he had anticipated. The Thermotex™ device virtually took the pain away after using it everyday on my leg. Works great!"- Results may not be typical.
Comparisons
Conventional heating pads
Thermotex™ is a registered medical device with both Health Canada, and the US Food and Drug Administration.

Equine studies have shown therapy applications with thermal energy penetration of up to 6 cm or 2.36 inches in just 20 minutes of use. Heating pads, which provide topical conductive heat, only penetrate 2 - 3 mm. Depth of penetration substantiated in a study done by Dr. Ronald J. Riegel entitled "Thermotex Therapy System Infrared heating pad versus conventional heating pad and hot towel."

Thermotex™ infrared operates on the low setting at temperatures pivoting from 44C, versus heating pads that are often in excess of 55C. Our products will not burn or dehydrate the skin when used as directed.
Pain medication therapy
Most pain medications simply disrupt the body's pain signals to the brain, masking the body's ability to recognize pain, rather than removing the source or cause of that pain. The effectiveness of Thermotex™ in reducing and controlling your pain will in most cases allow you to reduce your pain medication intake. Thermotex™ provides effective, non-invasive, non-addictive pain relief with no adverse side effects.
Frequently Asked Questions

Introduction | Who we help | How it works | Products | Order
Comparisons | Graphic Evidence | Clinical Info | FAQ

email us
BackTOP

Yours in the Battle
Brian in Vanc

Remicade IV- /6 weeks
Arthrotec- 50/200mcg
Oxycodone- 40-60 mgs/day
Tegretol- 400mgs 2x/day
Amitriptyline- 150mgs@bed
Lipitor- 10mgs/day
HRT Therapy
Gravol/Ducosolate
Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Thank you brianinvanc for your detailed info.

I am on the search. Just now I landed on ZetrOZ's (Product name : sam) Wearable Therapeutic Ultrasound device appears to be FDA approved recently. Should try to know more.

Jay

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Sorry for the late reply.

Mend Me Shop no longer sells ultrasound; that's where I got mine.

But I needed more gel and got it from ultrasoundcure by mendmeshop:

http://www.ultrasoundcure.com

they have the two units. I have the more expensive of the two. figure the pulsing is safest and the more settings for the more options.

but either would probably do.

I LOVE mine! My right upper back feels "stuck" as my chiro says. I did stretches and used my roller and a lacrosse ball in a sock on the wall and that helped on saturday. but the ultrasound yesterday helped more.

I know people debate as to exactly how it helps, but for me, I don't care in the academics of it. I am much more empirical than that; I just care that it works. Period.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Thank you Sue.
Here, I do not any support from Rhuemy on pain management devices.I will discuss with some physiotherapist to know about its efficacy for AS and specifically SI joint. Then further about on reliable product and their usage.

Jay

Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Jay Did you find any of these devices at reasonable cost yet and if so how much ?

Thanks brianinvanc

Yours in the Battle
Brian in Vanc

Remicade IV- /6 weeks
Arthrotec- 50/200mcg
Oxycodone- 40-60 mgs/day
Tegretol- 400mgs 2x/day
Amitriptyline- 150mgs@bed
Lipitor- 10mgs/day
HRT Therapy
Gravol/Ducosolate
Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
I have not purchased any. On enquiry, the home device cost of ultrasound device is about $300 (equivalent cost of Indian Rupees).

Jay

Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Hi Jay,

I am a physiotherapist and I have 3 psoriatic spondylitis patients who I help.

When their SIJs are flared, I am (or rather, my ultrasound machine is) their *best friend* according to all of them! hugss

They also like to be taped. They also love it when the plantar fasciitis raises its head. I use it for pain relief, but then immediately after administration, I can get my nasty little physio fingers into their tight and now less tender plantar fascias! devil2

Louise

Happy to be a physio by day, not happy to be a Spondy 24/7! wink3
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 113 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM