Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#504423 06/21/14 07:17 PM
K
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
K
I was here 2 years back . Since then life has changed so much. Back then i was kicking AS and now getting my [*bleep*] kicked. It has spread all over backbone, rib cage and shoulder. Life is good but its hell to wake up with so much pain in chest and being unable to breath with so much stiffness. Finally even i am on regular NSAID that is killing my digestive system but it makes me capable of going office. So much pain and fatigue is slowly taking away that will to survive as winner.Its been too long fighting AS and now i feel like i should quit life. Then i think what after quitting i will still suffer pain , still have to cry in morning , still have to eat meds, still have to work to earn living so cant even bloody quit fighting.2 years back i was healthy guy with lots of will to fight but now pain is so intense that even i give up sometimes. But look at the nature of disease that motivates you to work because when i quit it pains even more , so i have to workout to reduce it.Changed numerous rheumatologist but everyone is same. MRI reports shows joint fusion. Although i managed to have wonderful rafting again. as i had earlier 2 years back. I dont want anyone to say its sad or miserable... I just want to know is there anyone who can tell me to be workout to get rock solid body and run atleast 2km without stopping.. Any diet or any amount of workout or any food to eat.

STRICT NO TO BIOLOGICS...

I AM NOT BEING RUDE OR ARROGANT. I JUST DONT WANT PEOPLE WHO FEEL PITY ON THEMSELVES OR ON ME OR GIVE EXCUSES .

Life is 10% what it happens to you,
And 90% how you respond to it.............
http://mypartnerspondylitis.blogspot.in/
L
L
Hi ..well I don't wanna live this way etheir!!!!I've had back .ribb.chest ..won't blab on pain since was 23.... Now 38.. My guts killeding with all pain meds over years..my right side upper chest kills due to phymiona..hosptail 8. Horrible days..has 3 doctors who I showed the blood I'd coughed up said nothing wrong!!! Now 2+ years down line..no one can say why it still hurts were it started..has well has can't get my ars outta bed in morning..due to stiffness..pain..yes I've got on with it has best could!!just had my 7 the MRI..lit of spondyloarthrosis names in there..no doctor has .?or will say what's wrong!!say a rumo who well was a waste of a 6 hour trip!!!she told me l must of been in a car crash!!!I haven't!!!!I get have no advice!!have 3 kids I've to cook!clean!taxi!after!!!what the xxxx do I get outta life??I've been a carer for ever!!!!I hope when I need it !I get the care I gave my clients!!!!!!

a.s????d.d.d.lower spine..arthritis. Joint pain..just had tests..oh just had MRI!!told spondylotic bony abnormalities, spondlosis,mild spondloarthrosis!!disc protrusions 2. L3.4.L4.5.and s1 discs out there. Oh enlargement of right s1.sclerotic changes of s1 joint..no doctor has yet expanded all!!!!
K
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
K
DOnt expect doctors to understand what u go through. They surely are trained people but they never see from our side of life. So dont expect. All they care is write a costly prescription and let it go. You have responsibilities so you cant quit. Live this life.. make beautiful memories. They will help you feel better when in pain. You cant escape neither you can quit then why not try to make thinks easy. smile . I learned to feel happy remembering good memories and move on with the day. If possible try to find a solution in homeopathy if its available there. And a advice for you DO WHAT SUITS YOU AND YOUR BODY , DONT DO WHAT EVERYONE DOES. If you cant have career the way others have then try doing things differently.

Last edited by kushagra9120; 06/21/14 08:09 PM.

K
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
K
I dont know exactly your situation but there are basic things that help to loosen up in morning. I go out in sun as i wake up as the heat loosen up the back muscles , even reduces the pain and the sun has something that makes you feel better. Let the body heatup a bit then you can do exercises. For he digestion have whole grains, lots of banana or anything with high fibre. Take more and more fibres. Take those meds with banana shake. It helps. I would say again ... You cant escape so dont focus on it . Focus on making things easier.. Nothing else. Write it on your walls..

L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
Hello to both of you!
I have had the struggle for 50 years; some years was mostly lower back pain...
I can not eat grains without joint pain and bowel problems. Even bananas can throw me for a loop.

I do think if we fast and then journal what we eat...we can begin to find out what is making us sick.

It is not easy, and I have thought many times, it is not fair to be in this much pain and not be understood.

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
I can relate, the crushing rib and chest pain is the WORST AS symptom I have experienced in my 15 years of living with this disease. Waking up in the night with intense pain trouble breathing can be so, so discouraging. Uggh.

Low starch diet is my saving grace. And I just got back from 14 days in the radon health more mines in Montana, but full results aren't yet in on how effective radon will be for me, too soon to tell!

As for excersize, I do my best to keep up with everyone else, but alas this becomes more difficult with all the fusing (and shrinking) in my spine, I have always been an avid white water rafter, so refreshing and exhilarating. Also find swimming and especially hot springs very therapeutic. My current favorite sport is inner tubing class I, II+, rapids, relaxing in the sunshine and floating down the river. Now finding the class IV and V rapids to be a not too jarring on my spine when the raft hits em, same is now true with snow mobiling also, a little too jarring but will still do it for special occasions (like this past winter we snowmobiled 44 miles RT to a beautiful hot spring resort (I found driving the sled and riding high up was the least bumpy, so my husband was kind enough to ride on the back and let me drive it).

Last edited by bettyrawker; 06/22/14 05:34 AM.

I'm now a KICK AS (and Kick IBD) success story!! After going low starch Paleo to heal my gut, I can now eat nearly all starches, grains & foods without inflammation, flare-ups, or pain. I used a modified SCD diet approach (minus dairy! plus cacao ♥). Cheers to healing & thriving again! I blog at http://www.forestandfauna.com/about/
L
L
Hi..kushagra9120... I go out every morning at 6 am..with dog.?weather good or bad,.been lovely last few week..although kills go..you give some good advice their..by yes if didn't have kids I wouldn't want to go on with life!!if have time please read my MRI scan message,,,,I remember going pain of clinic 2 year ago!!he said oh your on morpie I can't help you..give any thing stronger!!!came out crying!!told nurse can't live no more like this,,she gave me a hugg!!! Said yes you can.xx

a.s????d.d.d.lower spine..arthritis. Joint pain..just had tests..oh just had MRI!!told spondylotic bony abnormalities, spondlosis,mild spondloarthrosis!!disc protrusions 2. L3.4.L4.5.and s1 discs out there. Oh enlargement of right s1.sclerotic changes of s1 joint..no doctor has yet expanded all!!!!
L
L
Some fan advice there from you all!!!!kids driving me in sane!!!!!!really!!!!that keeps me sharp... Ha!?!?well?!nuts!?!?wish they would go out in that lovely sunshine..?making Sunday lunch..so legs will kill this afternoon..but hey hey,,gentle hugs xx

L
L
Hi bettyrawker..can l ask,,how comes I've had these simptons chest.?ribb.lower back .pain !but not bloods test showed fine had MRI which has lots of spondy names in it but no a.s?????my right hips different to other,no my legs different size..that's all I need to knew what's wrong??!looked on UK site similar to this one!!and come s up a,s when tipe in stuff from my MRI,,went doctors Friday asked what these names mean..etheir she didn't want to tell me or had no idea??? I knew a full disc in middle has moved forward..kept telling gp that .felt like someone hit me hard there...????I am okmat moment ..work not sure??neurosurgery guy said no way!!!so did gp.. But what is OK??went out yesterday with our youngest 2!!! Was a clip and claim... Like go ape..up in trees fun..is this OK when back is stiff damaged etc??I need advice eh

L
L
Lon,,thanks..my tummy is sore..think its with all meds over years ????lower back is worst..has have to use it the most..have middle up to neck soreness too..but lower woow I don't eat a lot of fruit..hate bananas!?!? Eat veg love green stuff cabbage.brockley peas etc!!when worked was on road from 6 am to llpm..didn't eat well at all..pie here sandwich there!!!tons of coffee!!! So for now eating better!!yes I am very miss understood!!!! Even from young age had bad muscle cramps!! Oh my legs felt like muscle came outta place!!think did had to put it back!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 32 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Chamomile tea can reduce inflammation
by L33 - 07/26/22 11:20 PM
Best Gym Equipment to have
by L33 - 07/26/22 10:10 PM
Ankylosing Spondylitis is curable
by Sudhir - 07/24/22 07:34 AM
Let Us Know You Dropped In!
by Magician - 07/15/22 05:46 AM
Numb fingers, nerve pain
by Stevenage69 - 07/12/22 11:06 AM