Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#503662 05/26/14 03:27 AM
ilbcrzn Offline OP
Captain_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Captain_AS_Kicker
AS Family

Today was awful. A motorcyclist going about 45 mph rearended us. I was at a full stop on a county highway with my signal to turn left on. I was stopped waiting for a different motorcyclist in the oncoming lane to pass us by. I looked in the rearview mirror just as the motorcyclist crashed into us. Lucky we were in a one gas station one bar town so 911 was called right away and we were able to get ice and towels for his bleeding forehead and eye. He was not wearing a helmet. My wife is a nurse and was asking him questions and I was holding his hand. The owner of the bar and his friend directed traffic till the police and paramedics came. We heard later that they had to Flight for Life him to another hospital.

Please pray for this motorcyclist tonight. His name is Jeff.

My wife, daughter and me were not injured.

Thank you all.

I can not defeat you but I will not let you win

Jeff

Degenrative disc disease 2005
AS 2008 HLA-B27-
Fibromyalgia 2010
Disability 2012
Back to work part time 2013
Enbrel, Cymbalta,Oxycodone, blah blah blah blah
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Awww. Sorry this happened to you (and to him). Glad your wife was able to render some aid and that he was evac'ed to a hospital. My hubby rides a motorcycle (and won't wear a helmet), so I was always afraid for him. He's not riding now due to his shoulder being wrecked again. Praying for this guy to recover from his injuries. Not sure how old your daughter is, but hope she isn't traumatized by this accident if she's young. Gentle hugs for all of you.

DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis
Meds: MTX since Oct 2009, 15mg/week. Cimzia-restarted after 2 yrs away.
Epidural Steroid Injections x8; Lumbar Radiofreq Ablation x2
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9
T
New_Member
New_Member
T
Ibcrzn,

Man, that's awful. I hope that you and your wife are doing okay. Sometimes neck soft tissue injuries aren't noticed until one or two days after the accident.

The fellow on the motorcycle is probably messed up pretty badly. I hope he recovers.

I find some serious irony that in my state, if you are in a car (which normally weighs a ton or more) you are required to wear a seat belt and can actually be written a ticket for not doing so.

However, the really asinine legislative branches have allowed motorcycle riders to legally ride a motorcycle without a helmet. Try to apply some logic to that.

Anyway, you'll seem like really nice peeps to help this guy out.

Be well,
TheWino

Veteran_AS_Kicker
Veteran_AS_Kicker
Prayed 4

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
How frightening. I'm so glad you and your family are allright (please do watch for signs of injury over the next few days). How lucky for Jeff that your wife is a nurse and knew what to do. I hope he's all right.

When oh when will bikers realise that helmet-free is only free until your next crash.

Love and warm hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

ilbcrzn Offline OP
Captain_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Captain_AS_Kicker
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. My family is doing well with no lingering injuries. We are truly thankful. We still have no news on the motorcyclist or which hospital he was taken to by flight for life. We are still concerned and hope to get positive news tomorrow.

I went to get our belongings out of the car as it will be considered a total loss. The motorcycle was next to my car and the front wheel was pushed straight back which means it hit square and took the full impact. It was really painful to look at knowing that the owner was in a hospital somewhere with a worried family and friends by his side.

Thank you all for the prayers for my family and the motorcyclist, they are all very much needed and appreciated.

I can not defeat you but I will not let you win

Jeff

Degenrative disc disease 2005
AS 2008 HLA-B27-
Fibromyalgia 2010
Disability 2012
Back to work part time 2013
Enbrel, Cymbalta,Oxycodone, blah blah blah blah
L
Lon Offline
L
JFFF- if I do run into someone-I want it to be you!
Lin takes away all my privileges when I refuse to wear a helmet.

Hello Jeff,

Prayers for the motor cyclist that all turns out well.

Here motorcycles are very common because of the nice weather and affordability (and many do not wear helmets). I have seen many a motorcyclist on ground here with people around him like you and your wife awaiting the ambulance for the injured party.

If you drive a motorcycle you must wear a helmet.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Glad you are all ok.....as for the Motorcyclist, if you are not going to wear a helmet then pay attention !!! As a former ER nurse I have seen a crash or 2 and where I live it is law, you have to wear a helmet and you have to wear seat belts.... I am sure it has saved many lives smile

Sherri

Pea Offline
Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
Any word about the other Jeff yet? I hope you, your wife and daughter are still continuing to feel well!

Pea
Diagnosed with A.S. 29 year's ago.
Diagnosed with Fibro 10 year's ago.
Remicade, Intrathecal Pain Pump 2013
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,692 hmmm
1,319,572 OMG!!!!
709,183 PARTY TIME!