Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Originally Posted By: lar84
NOW. I do still believe in fasting. It is important to give your body a break from constantly working. Just as you have your weekends from a job, your insides need a break from digesting. I TRY to get in a 24 hour (dinner to dinner) fast once a week. I feel FANTASTIC after a fast. During my fast I will drink water, coffee, and eat some grapes to keep my energy level up.

I will also add that I believe in probiotics as well. I was taking 20billion cfu's every day for a couple months and I noticed a huge leap in my tolerance to fringe foods. I believe in the good bacteria killing off the bad bacteria which helps stave of the klebsiella or other enemy bacteria causing the inflammatory reaction. At this point I don't really care to get into the politics of whether or not its klebsiella that's causing the immune response. All I know is there is something that is DEFINITELY triggered in my bowels when I eat starch and I know how to fix it.

Great stuff... I strongly believe in both as well... unfortunately I took 5 year lapse on the fasting and occasionally kept up with probiotics through sauerkraut.

Three months ago I decided to get strict again with fasting. Very Friday I only eat apples and drink water. I have noticed great improvement already and considering keeping the fasting for at least a year.

Probiotics I still eat sauerkraut and yogurt... trying to get to this daily. But if I eat too much sauerkraut I spend too much time in restroom. Supplements are too expensive here.

But I think your to points are great and wanted to emphasize them. If someone wants to return to fringe foods and more starch, I think they will need to be disciplined in these areas as well.

Best to you,

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
AS Czar
AS Czar
WONDERFUL, Lauren:

It is great to have Your story here, and we all appreciate the inspiration You have taken the time to provide us with! You have a natural insight from having lived both sides of this thing, and I am very thankful You are here--and HEALTHY!

Continued success (aka Keep Kickin'),
John

Thank you so much for posting this. Sometimes I lose a little bit of faith on the NSD, but reading all of these success stories just keeps me motivated to continue on it. I've been on the diet for 4 months now with great results, but I'm fighting a flare right now. My diet is a little bit more strict as of right now, getting rid of some candida overgrowth in my stomach. I know it's a long journey but I'm happy to know that some people have achieved amazing results such as you. Thanks!

“Climb Mount Fuji, O snail, but slowly, slowly.”
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Ninja_AS_Kicker
yep. it's a good feeling to get your life back... good to see another happy one smile

34. Some rheumys say AS stage 1-2 some others say USpA
Also UC - rectocolitis.

UC curently in remission since feb 2011.
AS/USpA remission march-aug 2011. Flare - sept-nov 2011 (antibiotics). Remission now...

Modified NSD/SCD. Cook your own !

And the list of my medication has become verry short after some years on this diet smile
L
lar84 Offline OP
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Hey pals! It's been quite some time since I last posted and I miss you all! I continue to have ZERO pain. God help me if I jinx myself but I have gained 10+ pounds because I have for the past year been eating normally at will. I no longer get nervous about whether or not I am going to flare from eating the slightest thing.

I feel extremely lucky. But as the Great Seneca says, "luck is when preparation meets opportunity".

I know that at my lowest of lows with AS, and having given up on doctors, something told me to keep digging. Just keep fighting the good fight. I was only 26 (?) when I finally got diagnosed. So I found kickas.org and man, I got busy. After 1.5ish years VERY strict diet, losing 13 or so lbs, I think I rebooted my body.

Now, I am fully aware that at any point the demon could rear it's ugly head again. But the good news is that I have the tools to fight it again. Sorry for sounding corny, but it's the truth. I have had my life back for quite some time after dealing with a long, traumatic experience with AS.

I wish you all the best! Keep fighting, you CAN make it out of this!!

Lauren S.
L
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Can you share what probiotic you are using? I seem to struggle with most I have tried.

I eat pretty much the same foods you did. So,betimes it gets old. Unfortunately I can't seem to tolerate any coconut.

K
Lurker
Lurker
K
Hi Lauren
I'm new to this site, and I'm just getting started on the NSD. Thanks for all of your postings and updates, they have been very inspirational. I hope I have the same kind of success you do!
Any new updates?

Kevin

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Good luck Kevin smile Please don't be afraid to post any questions you may have here. We are here to help.

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Chamomile tea can reduce inflammation
by L33 - 07/26/22 11:20 PM
Best Gym Equipment to have
by L33 - 07/26/22 10:10 PM
Ankylosing Spondylitis is curable