Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
I think the best way to get off wheat is cold turkey and just work through the ill feelings (if you get them) over the 2 weeks or so you have them. Some people really suffer bad withdrawals apparently. Similar to drug addiction. I personally didn't seem to suffer. Drink lots of water. You have to be strong minded. For me, the pain of my suffering from the flare from hell that I could not shake was greater than the pain of adjusting to a new way of eating and I went on an elimination diet. I will NEVER eat grains again in my life and especially Wheat. I liken it to taking cyanide. I've have far superior energy levels now than I have ever had. At age 40, my health has never been anywhere near as good as what it is now and I believe my diet is a major advantage. I'm almost thankful I have AS as otherwise I would never know what I know now about health and diet. I encourage you to get off wheat and other grains as fast as possible. You won't look back. The first month is the hardest.

Diagnosed AS year 2000 age 26; First onset of major symptoms came with severe food poisoning leaving me in chronic pain hardly able to walk/sleep/sit - never been the same since; HLA-B27 positive; bouts of iritis; no biologics ever, controlling with NSAID's and diet but trying to get off NSAID's through various "biohacking" experimentations; Live in Auckland, New Zealand
L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
Former- good stuff, as always.
but Lemon is your sugar???wow!!!
no more rhyming, I mean it, anyone want a peanut

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
D
Active_Member
Active_Member
D
I'm in wheat withdrawal mode right now, so this is a timely topic for me. I'm definitely having withdrawal symptoms! I'm not craving the wheat. I'm just finding myself really out of sorts, suddenly upset, extra sensitive, etc, whereas I'm usually cheerful and good natured. Scary! My body actually already feels better, but I'm emotionally fragile. I hope it levels out soon. Maybe I should have tapered off, but I'm already on day 8 cold turkey.

L
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
There is a really good Paleo bread you may like as long as the ingredients agree with you. http://www.paleobread.com/

I just posted a really good pancake recipe as well. http://urbanposer.blogspot.com/2011/12/perfect-dairy-free-almond-flour.html

It's not wheat, but its a great substitution. Perhaps it's not the actual wheat you are missing, just the consistency??

D
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D

Diagnosed AS year 2000 age 26; First onset of major symptoms came with severe food poisoning leaving me in chronic pain hardly able to walk/sleep/sit - never been the same since; HLA-B27 positive; bouts of iritis; no biologics ever, controlling with NSAID's and diet but trying to get off NSAID's through various "biohacking" experimentations; Live in Auckland, New Zealand
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Hi Dlee,

Thanks for that smile was an interesting read. I was thinking of Acetaldehyde from Candida overgrowth or die-off.

http://bodyecology.com/articles/candida-creates-toxicity.php
Acetaldehyde also promotes addiction. Acetaldehyde has the tendency to link up with serotonin and dopamine and produce beta-carboline and salsolinol, respectively. These compounds are interrelated and inter-convertible; they are as addictive as opiates! These opiate-like biochemicals explain why sugar is so addictive to those who have systemic candida.

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
I
Ike Offline
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
I
Asphyxia,
I think that the cravings are directly related to the diet. Maybe that is why it took me months for the diet to "work". Your choices are different than what I had available. I wish I could relate to you on this. Bone broth is fantastic and something I have to do on my own. I can't believe butchers charge the same for bones as for meat where I live. Sorry, I digressed.
I have to agree with the addiction ideas but this is not the fault of NSD. You like bread. alot. This is the issue. Since you have added some starch, you proved NSD is not the cause of the symptoms as you describe.
It seems as though you have focused on the last obstacle to your well being. My best advice is to change your focus as best you can. This is the hardest part.
I use exercise, work and reading to occupy myself. Balance is tough and I forgive my transgressions more easily now.
Best Wishes,
Ike

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 7 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Welcome to our Newest Members!
by Magician - 08/09/22 10:54 PM
Chamomile tea can reduce inflammation