Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Agree with the others, need to get this checked right away.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
I hope by now you have gotten some answers. I am so sorry you are having this frightening thing to deal with. I am thinking of you.

Hugs.

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

"A FRIEND LOOKS THROUGH YOUR BROKEN FENCE TO ADMIRE YOUR FLOWERS."

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Trish? What's the word, Hummingbird?

Are you all right?

Love and Warm Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Trish, sorry to hear that this has been going on.

There are a couple of possibilities here - vascular disease and occlusion ( like coronary artery disease but in the head ) Higher risk of this in "younger ones" like you if you are a smoker, eat a standard western diet, overweight, diabetic etc.

It sounds as if you are having TIAs ( transischaemic attacks) which is like angina ( in the head ).

The other possibilities are Vascular Migraine or what you are seeing could be a congenital malformation of one of the blood vessels that form the Circle of Willis - either way, go Google "vertebro-basilar insufficiency".

Whatever the details / ultimate likely diagnosis, I WOULD NOT WAIT 3 MONTHS for review with a registrar in the public system. Please take the CD and go see your GP.

He will most likely want to triage you and get you in to see a neurosurgeon for an opinion SOON...even if it is in the public system, a GP can contact the admitting officer and get you fast tracked through the system if need be.

Try to stay as calm as you can with this "1/2 knowledge" inside your head....... what you need to reassure you or at least put you into the picture is accurate information from an expert.

Take care, my friend - you kids need You! hugss

Louise

Happy to be a physio by day, not happy to be a Spondy 24/7! wink3
Steel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Steel_AS_Kicker
Hi all,
Thank you so much for the replies and so very sorry for not getting back to you all sooner.
Has been hectic here with kids up and down the coast at camps, nipper carnivals, Australia day and then back to start the new school year yesterday.

The news from the doctor.
He did not look at the scan but he read the report. Turns out due to the 3d image I got the sides mixed up. The report said the left vertebral artery is dominant. So it is the right one that is much smaller. But the report also says that it is otherwise normal.

So this does not explain why my symptoms are on the left side so now even more confused.
I can't remember how to post a pic otherwise I would show you what I am seeing.

I have been to ED before with these symptoms and they checked for stroke by doing a blood test. Nothing else. At the time they side my symptoms including the numbness down the left side of my face, neck and arm were being caused by TMJ.

What has me worried still is that I have since read so many stories online of people that have had the same scan, been told it was "normal" then by luck a neurologist has had a look and then they have been called to come back and go to ICU.
I have lost count of the times I have read mine or my childrens x-rays/scans and noticed something not right even though they were reported as "normal" then after getting a second opinion I have been proven correct.

Don't get me wrong I want more than anything for there to be nothing wrong, I just don't completely trust the system here.

Good news is, I haven't had many symptoms this past week.
Thank you all again.
Big hugs to all of you.

Trish

Pea Offline
Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
Glad you aren't having any more symptoms Trish.

Pea
Diagnosed with A.S. 29 year's ago.
Diagnosed with Fibro 10 year's ago.
Remicade, Intrathecal Pain Pump 2013
M
New_Member
New_Member
M
Can you request an appointment to a neurologist? The symptoms alone seem like a neurologist might be helpful.

Also, the each side of the brain is responsible for the opposite side of the body. It seems to make more sense that it would be the opposite side of your brain.

I pray you get answers that satisfy.

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Good to hear from you. I have been thinking of you and concerned for you. Hugs.

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

"A FRIEND LOOKS THROUGH YOUR BROKEN FENCE TO ADMIRE YOUR FLOWERS."

New_Member
New_Member
It sounds to me like you had a migraine. I know it sounds strange, but some migraines have headaches, some have scotoma (blurry vision) and some have numbness. These are called "accompanied" migraines. If you have another, try and notice if the blurry vision is also in the right eye very faintly nasally (left half of right eye).
Good luck!

Try to not worry unless your Dr tells you you have a reason I know that has to be tough and I don't pretend to know what your going thru none of us can...please keep us updated and all my thoughts and prayers until you find out some answers
Hugs! Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,692 hmmm
1,319,572 OMG!!!!
709,183 PARTY TIME!