Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 27 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
E
New_Member
New_Member
E
Love my MM but cannot use it during the day to work. Plus, here in NC they can lock you up if you grow it and i hate being in the position of having to make a "dope deal" under cover. Makes an otherwise middle class guy feel like a criminal. Have had AS, or diagnosed for about 37 years now. I am tired of the fight and the roller coaster ride of AS symptoms. Most friends do not understand it, heck, i do not half the time. Fatigue is an awful symptom to me, makes it so hard to do anything. Okay that is enough bitching from me. Got to drag myself up and go shop for my 95 year old mother.

S
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
S
Hi, just curious - can anyone point me to any evidence that mmj reduces inflammation in diseases like AS? I've scrolled through a few pages of this thread, but because I have AS I can't do that for too long lol. So far I've only found references to its pain-reducing qualities - not unimportant of course, but I'd be more interested if it actually reduced the inflammation. Not that it's legal here but maybe it will be one day...

AS, IBS, reflux oesophagitis and dysphagia, PCOS/insulin resistance, asthma...
Currently managing my AS with humira, methotrexate, low starch diet and exercises. Also taking omeprazole, metformin etc.
Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
Hi Shirley,

Check out this video on juicing marijuana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-iU9QN0fEM

Life changing story of someone quitting prescription drugs to treat inflammatory diseases including juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, then lupus and then grew into other diseases that left her bed ridden for a few years, until she found a miracle in and juicing raw cannabis.

With juicing they say there is no physical high, just life changing benefits according to those doing it. I already believe in the amazing benefits of juicing, but have not yet juiced cannabis.

I'm now a KICK AS (and Kick IBD) success story!! After going low starch Paleo to heal my gut, I can now eat nearly all starches, grains & foods without inflammation, flare-ups, or pain. I used a modified SCD diet approach (minus dairy! plus cacao ♥). Cheers to healing & thriving again! I blog at http://www.forestandfauna.com/about/
S
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
S
That is interesting thanks, but what I'd really like to see (if it is exists) is the scientific research that stands behind it to get a feel for the risk of side effects, what proportion it helps and how. I know marijuana helps some people with pain, and I found a study suggesting it might help with diabetes of all things, but haven't found any proper studies on it reducing the sort of inflammation we have.

Not that it's legal here, but it would be good to know whether we have another reason to push for it to be legalised for medical use.

Last edited by Shirley; 10/13/13 07:23 AM.

Currently managing my AS with humira, methotrexate, low starch diet and exercises. Also taking omeprazole, metformin etc.
K
K
That is really interesting...I've always been leery of having to consider getting a card for my daughter, if for no other reason that smoking is bad for those with AS. Juicing, however...guess we'll have to talk to her doctor about it again. He took a lot of time with us to explain the positives and negatives, and we just haven't pursued it. It's a lot more red tape when you're looking into getting a card for a minor, but anything to help her pain level would be good, and since NSAIDS are now off the table, it may be worth looking at again.

Oh, and Shirley - the way the doctor explained it to me, there are studies out there. He attended a symposium that discussed the different types of pain, ascending and descending, and the types of medications that helped with each. Marijuana was one of the few that addressed both types, per the speaker. So no, wouldn't help the inflammation levels, but supposedly would be one that would help no matter what type of pain signals your nervous system was sending.

Last edited by karenthebaron; 01/11/14 11:58 PM.
D
New_Member
New_Member
D
wow quite a useful information.... if it is useful in killing the pain sometimes taking Medicinal Marijuana would be an good alternatives rather always taking painkillers........

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
This is a new article, stating why rheumatology patients shouldn't take medical marijuana.

Not that I agree with it. When our state has it, I want to try it, at least topically as a muscle relaxant.

But its best to hear all sides, make an informed decision after all the evidence, facts, and opinions are known:

http://www.rheumatologynetwork.com/pain/...dical-marijuana

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
S
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
S
Thanks Sue. So basically nobody knows if it's a good idea or not because of "the lack of sound evidence for either positive or negative effects of herbal cannabis in rheumatic conditions" ie because it hasn't been studied enough. I guess there's it's a bit like the low starch diet - not much in it for the drug companies?

My opinion upon further reflection is that that article that I linked was just an opinion piece from someone anti marijuana.

If it is legal in my state, I plan to try it if I need to.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Pea Offline
Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
Well here is my experience with Medical Marijuana. I don't smoke anything because it's bad for the lungs. I do use Cannabis Cream to rub on my ribs if I have a bad bout of Costocondritis and that is where my Fibro always flares. I have had a great amount of success with the cream. I also have Cannabis candy for the nights when I can't sleep which are about twice a month. I rub the cream on my feet right now because they are hurting so bad I want to sometimes cut them off. So yes, it is good to use and does work. If it isn't strong enough the chemist will make you a special dose. The cream doesn't give you any side effects either which is nice. The candy just gently helps you go to sleep without getting buzzed if you take the right amount. They have everything measured out and dosed from the very weakest amounts to higher doses at the dispensary's here. I live in WA where it's legal.

Pea
Diagnosed with A.S. 29 year's ago.
Diagnosed with Fibro 10 year's ago.
Remicade, Intrathecal Pain Pump 2013
Page 23 of 27 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM