Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#492178 07/24/13 10:18 AM
N
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
N
Do you eat tofu? Many people told it is safe to eat it although it's been made from soy. What are your experiences?

A
New_Member
New_Member
A
Hi !

I can tell you that I eat tofu now and then and sometimes tempeh and I haven't experienced any problems so far. I also use tamari sauce.
My sister in law (she's Korean) gave me a wonderfull recipe for tuna-tofuburgers to have kind of a meat-replacement. They are great. I can post it for you if you want to.

Ciao ! Almond

Diagnosed with Spondyloartritis in 2011. HLA B-27 positive. Started no starch diet in the end of 2011. Been (almost) without medication since that moment. I was a sceptic. I'm a believer now: 'let food be thy medicine'. For Dutch readers: read my story on: http://almondfigtree.wordpress.com/
N
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
N
Thanks Almond every recipe is welcome :-)
I wasn't sure about tofu as few times I felt stiffness so I wanted to hear experiences of other. However as I am less than two months on diet I couldn't be sure if it was reaction on tofu.
How long you were on diet before you felt improvements.

A
New_Member
New_Member
A
Hello again,

Okay, here's the recipe for the tofu-tunaburger.
You need:
-1 spring onion in very thin slices
-little red onion or scallion cut in very little pieces
-if you can handle it: half hot pepper in very little pieces

-one egg
-salt, pepper,cilantro (or koriander,fresh or powder) for taste

1 can of tuna (oil or water drained out)
1 piece of tofu (water drained out)

mash and mix all together in one big bowl. If it's dry add one spoonfull of olive oil, if it's too wet, add one spoonfull of almondmeal).

Form hamburgers with your hands or with a round backing tin or ring. Let them rest for a few minutes.
Fry in the pan with oil. Make sure not to let them burn, they turn black easily.

Enjoy!

About your question. I noticed a big difference after one week on the diet. I noticed that I wasn't completely stiff in the morning.
There was just a little stiffness on some days after that and the pain was not completely gone right away but it meant a huge difference to me.
You know; it takes time. Time for yor body to heal and time to get used to the diet and to make it your personal diet. What works for others may not work for you, or not yet.
I'm still battling flares now and then. I juice to make them go away. And sometimes I take 1 or 2 NSAID's when I'm really desperate. I'm still battling tiredness. Don't know how to tackle that. Maybe I will ask others on this website how they do this...
It's not easy. But it does work, this diet. I've experienced that when your down and this illness kicks you, you gotta kick back. Start all over again the next day.
So never give up! We'll get there!

smile Almond

Diagnosed with Spondyloartritis in 2011. HLA B-27 positive. Started no starch diet in the end of 2011. Been (almost) without medication since that moment. I was a sceptic. I'm a believer now: 'let food be thy medicine'. For Dutch readers: read my story on: http://almondfigtree.wordpress.com/
N
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
N
Thanks for recipe! Sounds great!
About tiredness, try to juice beet, add some magnessium in diet...
i hope it would help!
Till the next time!
Nenad

Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
Tofu is totally out for me along with all other soy products.

I can only guess that all those years of being a junk food/starchy vegan overloaded my body on highly processed soy fillers & GMO soy, and now I am totally intolerant. I was using fermented soy products like tamari and miso for a while while doing NO Starch, but have completely removed them forever! I am now noticing that Soybean oil served in most restaurant foods (think oils for sautéing, salad dressings, sauces, mayos, etc) is causing major issues for me. Damnit, makes eating out nearly impossible, but feeling good so much easier by cutting it out completely.

There are others on this LSDiet who report being fine with tofu. But I can say for sure I am not one of them, whatsoever.

We recently went to my favorite hot springs resort for a night, where all this yummy food is served 3 times a day between soaking in outdoor natural hot springs & the best sauna in the world. But on the last trip, I noticed as soon as I finished the naturally inspired "hippie" food dinner (and while I avoided all the big sources of soy they were serving on the buffet line like tempe, miso, tofu) and I only ate salad and some simple roasted veggies (in soy/tamari sauce) I immediately bloated up and was super uncomfortable that evening - what a lame thing to happen in the most relaxing place on earth! Woke up the next day feeling okay, but completely avoid all prepared foods there the next day, except for the plain salad bar.

And then we just spent the last 10 days in Alaska where I ate out at a few restaurants and got lazy and enjoyed the house tartar sauce with my fish & veggies. Bloated me right up (soybean oil is almost every mayo unless fully homemade) and followed with extra neck pain for a few days. Was so glad when we then went onto spend 4 days at a remote cabin with our friends, fishing and preparing all our own foods from scratch and I was pain free! It can be a hard hurdle to get over, accepting that yet another commonly used ingredient is causing flare ups. Boo hoo! But yet so glad I was able to identify it and cut it out!

xo

I'm now a KICK AS (and Kick IBD) success story!! After going low starch Paleo to heal my gut, I can now eat nearly all starches, grains & foods without inflammation, flare-ups, or pain. I used a modified SCD diet approach (minus dairy! plus cacao ♥). Cheers to healing & thriving again! I blog at http://www.forestandfauna.com/about/

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 7 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
A video on the reduction of suffering
by Prost007 - 01/27/22 06:59 PM
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM
My Experience via a short video
by Ako - 01/09/22 12:03 PM
Very long time no see
by wolverinefan - 12/14/21 12:14 PM
Will Vaccines Flare me?
by tux - 07/24/20 01:46 PM