Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Originally Posted By: SUPNut
I've had acupuncture before and I felt ever single needle and it made my back pain worse!!! She promised me if she puts a needle in and I freak out, we'll stop....

I've been to three acupuncturists. The first one tried turning the needles, but that made my muscles spasm. I stopped going to him because when he took the needle out of my SI joint, my lats went into terrible spasm - stopped thankfully. The second one had me lay on my front and that messed up my neck terribly. The third one that I went to for several months said my muscles spasmed easily and so didn't go as "crazy with the needles" as he would on someone else.

Maybe it just depends on the expertise of the practitioner.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Originally Posted By: SUPNut
Thank you Marion - I'm so pleased I managed to do it. Such a small thing but huge for me :-D Still going to see the hypnotherapist on Monday though, just in case that was a fluke! LOL

Well, you (and everyone else) is a lot braver than I am! LOL!

Good for you!

I still have my husband doing it and I'll put it off that day until I just have to suck it up and get it done. I'm fortunate its helped me so much - that's the only thing that allows me to go through with it.

And this is coming from someone who pricks her finger now several times a day to test for blood glucose - but that thing doesn't even hurt.

Not brave enough to try my stomach.

But so happy for you!

Yes, that's a big win! cheerleader

sue

Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
chiro
walk, bike
SUPNut Offline OP
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
Thank you everyone!!

Jeff, the nurse made sure to tell me to make sure the alcohol was dry first but didn't say why?? Does the alcohol make it sting more??

Ridiculously I had a dream that night that I was trying to do the injection and couldn't and was getting really cross with myself because I'd done it before! Strange how the brain works!

Acupuncture is tomorrow night so fingers crossed that goes ok! The nurse wanted to do a blood glucose test to me on Friday and I was like "no way I'm having two needles in as many minutes!!!" Hahaha

Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
Good luck with the acupuncture, hope it goes well.

Yep...make sure the alcohol is dry or it will sting. I also make sure when I have blood work done that the lab tech is not in a hurry and waits till the areas is dry....then I don't even feel it!!! Now on Thursday night, when it is Enbrel shot day, I sometimes forget till I am about to go to bed, and then I say, "oh yeah, it's shot night", completely forgot. Hope you get to that point too.

I can not defeat you but I will not let you win

Jeff

Degenrative disc disease 2005
AS 2008 HLA-B27-
Fibromyalgia 2010
Disability 2012
Back to work part time 2013
Enbrel, Cymbalta,Oxycodone, blah blah blah blah
SUPNut Offline OP
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
Thanks Jeff, me too!! :-)

One of the advantages to getting these biologics shots, every other needle prick pales in comparison.

sue

chiro
walk, bike
SUPNut Offline OP
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
had my hypnotheraphy last night - kinda feels like I paid a lot of money for not much but I guess the next Enbrel shot will show me what I did or didn't get out of it!

Then I had acupuncture afterwards - oh my word, two of the needles hurt like a b*tch!! She had to remove one of them, it just would not let up!! I just managed to tolerate the rest of them - she gave me chocolate to eat while I was lying there! haha! She said she was trying to "reset" my sympathetic nervous system to try and alleviate some of the pains then what doesn't settle from this we'll target one at a time, but said it would take at least a couple of days to see if it had helped. Fingers crossed!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM