Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Almond Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
A
Hi
I'm not the computerwizzard I thought I was, so finally, after quite some weeks I found the button to start a new topic.
I'm new. Well, still reasonably new. Hello smile . Since I only posted a few posts untill now I though I could still take the opportunity to introduce myself and say thank you all here for the support you guys gave me without you even knowing it. I've been reading this site for a long time before I became a member.
I started the NSD in 2011 and it has changed my life. I've posted my successtorie some time ago. I'm so much better then I was.
It is thanks to you guys here that people like me stay positive and give it a try, this diet. So thank you again!
Almond.

Diagnosed with Spondyloartritis in 2011. HLA B-27 positive. Started no starch diet in the end of 2011. Been (almost) without medication since that moment. I was a sceptic. I'm a believer now: 'let food be thy medicine'. For Dutch readers: read my story on: http://almondfigtree.wordpress.com/
Pea Offline
Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
Hi Almond,

Thank's for posting and letting us all know you are here. Welcome, welcome, welcome! Glad you are finding things that work for you. That must feel good. Now that you found the button, ask away.

Pea
Diagnosed with A.S. 29 year's ago.
Diagnosed with Fibro 10 year's ago.
Remicade, Intrathecal Pain Pump 2013
Master_AS_Kicker
Master_AS_Kicker
Hey Almond,

I'm glad you posted an update on your experience. We're always interested in how NSD is working out for different folks, good or bad. I'm glad you're having good results.

--Greg

AS symptoms started 1991. Official dx in 2006 with HLA-B27+, fused SIJ, bone spurs in back, extreme rib/hip pain, and other family with SpA. Started Enbrel in 2006 with good results, but stopped in 2010 due to nerve damage (MS) from it. Getting good results with no-starch diet since 2011.
V
Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
Hi Almond,

Welcome to KickAS I am glad to hear you are feeling better, that is great news. Wish I could read your story but I know English and just a little Spanish. It amazing a change in diet can bring such relief.
Take care!!

Diet change has improved my RA. I feel best eating raw veggies and some fruits and avoiding grains, sugars, nightshades, beans and dairy. Sed rate dropped from 65 to 19, but it took over a year.
www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

excess fat/oils = pain for me
recipes for raw food on Youtube "raw food romance"
and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise
A
Almond Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
A
Thank you all !!

Diagnosed with Spondyloartritis in 2011. HLA B-27 positive. Started no starch diet in the end of 2011. Been (almost) without medication since that moment. I was a sceptic. I'm a believer now: 'let food be thy medicine'. For Dutch readers: read my story on: http://almondfigtree.wordpress.com/
AS Czar
AS Czar
WELCOME, Almond:

Wonderful that You had good results with the diet, and just always remember that we will be here when it falters; AS is still always the rocky road.

Thank You, for joining,
HEALTH,
John

A
Almond Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
A
Thank you very much DragonSlayer. Can't explain how much this site means to me. Well, actually I can: it made THE difference between being sick and on medication and now being hopefull and fighting to get my health back.
About AS creeping back; yep, as a matter of fact I've been in a terrible flare again the past two weeks. I had to use crutches to walk. Couldn't figure out what it was and I almost thought that despite of my healthy diet this disease is doing what it wants anyway.
I've always been able to eat a little bit of carrot until now but because I felt so bad I started testing everything I put on my plate again this week and yesterday I found out that some of our carrots were terribly starchy. I could punch myself! Been eating them a lot the past few weeks (also raw). But on the other hand: I found the reason why I flared so terribly, I think... So carrots are out for me. Period.
Well, you learn by making mistakes. I hope I'll be able to walk properly again soon. Had a hard time but I won't give up!
Almond.

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 7 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
A video on the reduction of suffering
by Prost007 - 01/27/22 06:59 PM
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM
My Experience via a short video
by Ako - 01/09/22 12:03 PM
Very long time no see
by wolverinefan - 12/14/21 12:14 PM
Will Vaccines Flare me?
by tux - 07/24/20 01:46 PM