Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
Since I began my journey early last year, Ive gone through many challenges but made many advancements. I took my biggest leaps after my autoimmune tests and supplement recommendations in April 2012 and am currently plateauing with my diet around 75% (100% being in remission). After recent research, Ive found a functional medicine doctor specializing in autoimmune disease and cured himself of the same Crohns disease that I currently have. Listed below is his initial protocol of blood tests (note theyre from the same companies I used in April 2012) and autoimmune supplements:

NOTE: Links to products + more info are on my blog post talking about autoimmune tests and supplements.

Autoimmune Supplements

All these supplements have two things in common they are here to improve my health but taste nasty. Who said curing an incurable disease was easy?

1. Rice Protein Immediate results with doubling my amounts of protein into my diet. I developed a nasty stomach ache when taking the normal amount of two scoops. I now do one scoop per day with almond milk, almond butter, frozen banana, dates/honey, and spinach. Each shake keeps me full at minimum of 4 hours. The only ingredient is rice protein concentrate. Although I'm full all the time, I see an immediate improvement here.

2. RepairVite (K-60) - Helps the intestinal lining to allow the correct nutrients in while leaving the bad ones out. I take one scoop per day with 8 oz of water kefir / water / juice.

3. Betaine Plus HP - High potency hydrocholoric acid with pepsin to allow easier digestion of meats and other difficult digestive foods. Less work for the digestive system allows for quicker / easier repair. Its in a pill form and easy to take.

4. Cococurcumin A combination of Curcumin plus MCT & CoQ10. The curcumin / curcuminoids acts as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Out of all the supplements, this is the worst tasting (the taste is similar to eating your own bileyes, its that bad) and can stain anything. I suggest 4 tablespoons of applesauce per 2 teaspoons of cococurcumin.

5. Optimal EFAs Caps Its high quality fish, flaxseed and borage oils all which promote anti-inflammatory. I take two capsules three times per day.

6. B6 ND - vitamin B6, one of the major B-Vitamins that I have been known to not absorb. Their probiotic / fermentation process makes the formula in micro-sized grains to aid in easier absorption than your standard multivitamin. I take one teaspoon in the morning and one at night with water.

7. Nutriclear I take this for other nutrients I lack / malabsorption and acts as a detoxifier. Mix 1-2 scoops with one scoop of rice protein supplement. If you need more info, take a look at this PDF.

8. Oxicell (K-22) Glutathione is known as one of the best antioxidants out there and this is a cream-based version you apply a pea-sized portion to your stomach / behind the knees / feet three times per day.

9. GI-Synergy-SM (K-83) After I am done taking the Nutriclear, this supplement helps out my intestinal system by providing broad-spectrum antifungal, anti-mold, and anti-ova ingredients. Its basically a bacterial detoxifier that I will need to take two packets per day.

Autoimmune Tests

Most are updates of the autoimmune tests I took in April 2012, but include additional tests not taken before.

A. Metametrix - the Gut Ecology Profile using DNA assessment to determine the bacteria levels in your system along with yeast/fungi and other parasites. This stinky test requires your stool samples into 3 separate vials.

B. Diagnotechs - Four saliva samples collected throughout the day for the Adrenal Stress Index Panel (ASI). Overall if your adrenal system is out of rhythm, it can cause all kinds of issues.

C. Cyrex (Array 2 and 4) - Array 2 blood test covers your intestinal permeability (how well the lining of your gut is doing) while Array 4 measures gluten cross-reactive foods (food intolerance).

D. Comprehensive Blood Work Panel Functional medicine doctors require a comprehensive blood test be done to start and figure out exactly what is wrong with your body. While the other tests listed above are specific, this test covers a wide range of test results.

What's Next?

I'll share my results after taking these for a month and let you know if I continue to see improvement. It is my hope to offer this expensive and time-consuming information to help boost those also struggling with their gut-related autoimmune condition.

My Autoimmune Blog - Ups & Downs with NSD & SCD, the NEED for Meat and STARCHES, and the Effects of Getting Off Enbrel (biologic) and Going on Humira: http://100percenthealth.us/
Hey Brian,

Thanks for post and keep us updated. There was a time when I supplemented much more for GI... but as you note, it is very expensive and reason I did not stick with it with supplements for more than several months.

Continue with probiotics and now fasting... beyond that not much as expense can be considerable.

But I always enjoy reading what others are trying to do to heal the gut.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
V
Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
Brian,
Glad you are at 75% that is good to hear. I did not improve drastically until I juiced only fruits and vegetables for a week and then continued juicing once or twice a day. I think the juice is healing my body and I am careful not to eat too much stuff that causes me inflammation. Before when I would eat something on my bad list I could not move in the morning, but now after my juicing regime I can still eat some starch here and there without dying the next day. I juice carrots, apples, celery and ginger.

Diet change has improved my RA. I feel best eating raw veggies and some fruits and avoiding grains, sugars, nightshades, beans and dairy. Sed rate dropped from 65 to 19, but it took over a year.
www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

excess fat/oils = pain for me
recipes for raw food on Youtube "raw food romance"
and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
Valsum / Tim,

You both are a classic example of the different stages in dealing with the autoimmune monster and I'm glad to hear you both found your "combination". Although I haven't read through all my comprehensive blood tests yet, it's looking like my body is blocking nutrients. So while juicing is working well for you Valsum, it wouldn't work for me due to my malabsorption (and thus needing to focus on supplements dealing with absorption while amplifying nutrients to get me by). The key is figuring out what stage you're at in this game. And IMO, tests are the best way to figure this out. We'll see if I'm right when I get more results in 2-3 weeks from now.

My Autoimmune Blog - Ups & Downs with NSD & SCD, the NEED for Meat and STARCHES, and the Effects of Getting Off Enbrel (biologic) and Going on Humira: http://100percenthealth.us/
V
Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
Brian,

Did you stop all your meds are you just taking supplements? I read that you stopped Enbrel but I was wondering if you still take prednisone?
What percentage of starches do you eat daily?

Glad you are improving, that's great!

Diet change has improved my RA. I feel best eating raw veggies and some fruits and avoiding grains, sugars, nightshades, beans and dairy. Sed rate dropped from 65 to 19, but it took over a year.

and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
Valsum,

I'm off all medications except Asacol HD (reduces inflammation while food digests) but expect to be off that within a month as I'm just on a maintenance plan for it right now. I've been off prednisone for a few months now.

I eat rice every day and potatoes 2-3 times a week. I stay away from the rest of the high-level starches until my I get the results of my Cyrex test in 2-3 weeks.

V
Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
Brian,
That's great you are off prednisone. Thaanks for answering my questions. I can eat a tiny bit of starches, but I will get back pain if I do and if I stay away from starches my back pain is better.
Take care! Hope your test results turn out well.

B
Bel Offline
Active_Member
Active_Member
B
Brian
Its really interesting all the stuff you post on your progress
All the best
Bel

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now