Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#490018 06/08/13 04:21 AM
T
tux Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Well I got a punch in the gut tonight. Decided to finally buy some iodine and start testing. I tested some steamed cabbage( which I make a lot). And it came up DARK blue. Then I tested my grapes, which I eat a lot of as well. Not AS severe, but still think I saw dark blue. I tested some romaine lettuce with success. Stayed brown. Think I might start eating lots of salads and stay away from cooked veggies. Anybody have an issue with romaine lettuce?

Anyway though my main question is, Is there a virtually 100% starch free fruit out there? Or is that just an unrealistic expectation by me? I'm not really asking what fruits can you guys tolerate. Cause I know we all have different levels of tolerance. Just wondering what the most safe fruit out there is, when it comes to starch. So I can feel confident eating it. I really love blackberries but it's hard to know if it has starch because there already black

Thanks for the responses. And help would be appreciated!

green seedless grapes

Chelsea smile

T
tux Offline OP
OP Offline
T
There's a difference between green and red grapes?? I didn't even know. Hmm, guess I'll start buying those instead. Thanks for the reply

Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
I personally enjoy grapefruit, pineapple, cherries, raspberries, blueberries on a daily basis.

Pretty sure those fruits are all qualify as no starch, and if any of them do have a little starch I would guess blueberries, but then again, I am pretty sure most on no starch are okay with blueberries?

I have a hard time finding organic grapes very often, or else I would eat those a bunch too.

-Andrea

I'm now a KICK AS (and Kick IBD) success story!! After going low starch Paleo to heal my gut, I can now eat nearly all starches, grains & foods without inflammation, flare-ups, or pain. I used a modified SCD diet approach (minus dairy! plus cacao ♥). Cheers to healing & thriving again! I blog at http://www.forestandfauna.com/about/
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: tux
There's a difference between green and red grapes?? I didn't even know. Hmm, guess I'll start buying those instead. Thanks for the reply

fructose... the green ones are less rich in fructose. do a google search on fructose&inflammation.

oh. kiwi - there's a alternative medicine here where i live made from green grape seeds - they say it has a good effect on AS smile so maybe with seeds are better tongue4

Last edited by Alinus; 06/08/13 07:08 PM.

34. Some rheumys say AS stage 1-2 some others say USpA
Also UC - rectocolitis.

UC curently in remission since feb 2011.
AS/USpA remission march-aug 2011. Flare - sept-nov 2011 (antibiotics). Remission now...

Modified NSD/SCD. Cook your own !

And the list of my medication has become verry short after some years on this diet smile
J
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
J
Candaloupe melon has never tested positive for me, and never read anyone else having it turned black either.
/Loha

AS since February 2013
NSD - as of yet no medication.
B
New_Member
New_Member
B
Melons (cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon) are completely starch free as long as you stay away from the rind.

"The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing." Stephen Covey
C
New_Member
New_Member
C
Watermelon is starchy for me

N
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
N
I do not understand when someone says "starchy for me"...did you make iodine test which shows positive?

AS Czar
AS Czar
Hello, tux:

Different people react to different things for one of several reasons, but the iodine test "should" be universal. Regret, however, that sometimes food samples 'seem' to react to it.

I believe that 1) all melons are safe 2) all berries and grapes 3) all pineapple 4) 5) Kiwi and most dried fruit are safe. Fruits that we need to test include all stone (bitter-almond seed) like apricots and peaches. Jackfruit is universally unsafe as are bananas, and mangoes should be tested and probably only safe if tree-ripened (eat where they are grown). Apples are often harvested too early then cold stored and they retain too much starch, but on the apple regimen this is not an issue; the benefits outweigh the risks. Most citrus fruit is safe, but the pulp is starchy. Many fruits should be in that twilight-zone or "borderline" of foods that we should not experiment with too early, but when we have achieved remission through diet, we can gradually add things back and see how we react.

HEALTH,
John

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 7 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
A video on the reduction of suffering
by Prost007 - 01/27/22 06:59 PM
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM
My Experience via a short video
by Ako - 01/09/22 12:03 PM
Very long time no see
by wolverinefan - 12/14/21 12:14 PM
Will Vaccines Flare me?
by tux - 07/24/20 01:46 PM