Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Andrea, I can't help but laugh out of commiseration! I do the same thing! I've been without any kind of pain for almost a year and this week I got a little cocky with my eating, almost FORGETTING I EVER HAD AS, and ate a little bit too much out of my comfort zone. Now I'm paying for it. Fasting until I feel better smile

Its totally depressing at first, but all I can do is ride this out. I have to remember that these days, the flares don't last more than 24-48 hours with fasting, and they never turn into huge ordeals like in the past. Smiling through the next couple days...

Lauren S.
lar84 #481479 12/17/12 06:44 PM
Magical_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Magical_AS_Kicker
Hey Lauren,

Isn't that the truth!! Start feeling awesome again, almost like superwoman, and then I take a huge crash landing into a bowl of starchy cashew based vegan cheeze and can't crawl out of bed for two days!

I hope you fast right out of it!! It took a few days for me, I went and got a new bottle of iodine and was super careful for a week, but now I am flying around in my superwoman cape again, until I undoubtedly crash into something a little too starchy on Christmas!!

xoxo

I'm now a KICK AS (and Kick IBD) success story!! After going low starch Paleo to heal my gut, I can now eat nearly all starches, grains & foods without inflammation, flare-ups, or pain. I used a modified SCD diet approach (minus dairy! plus cacao ♥). Cheers to healing & thriving again! I blog at http://www.forestandfauna.com/about/
L
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Haha aww! I love the superwoman analogy. Exactly how I feel smile it's a bittersweet reminder that diet is everything for me. And honestly I have to feel happy that I have these reminders so that I know I'm doing the right thing. Sucks, but AS sucks way worse!

Lauren S.
L
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
My mini-flare is gone! woohoo! Fasting did the trick. By now I'd be on a huge path of destruction and agony in the past. Whew!

Lauren S.
Magical_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Magical_AS_Kicker
Yay! So glad to hear it!!

-Andrea

I'm now a KICK AS (and Kick IBD) success story!! After going low starch Paleo to heal my gut, I can now eat nearly all starches, grains & foods without inflammation, flare-ups, or pain. I used a modified SCD diet approach (minus dairy! plus cacao ♥). Cheers to healing & thriving again! I blog at http://www.forestandfauna.com/about/
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
Oh, I feel your pain....it must be in the air this time of year!

Where your mind goes your life follows
HLA-B27+
Dx'd 2011
manage with diet and supplements
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!