Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
wallyb Offline OP
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
W
Thanks Jroc for that article. I have already printed it out.

Your warning about too many anti-biotic courses is taken on board, Zark. I'll see how the first one goes and if any improvement is sustained.

Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
wallyb,

What rheumatologist do you see?

I'd also be interested to hear if you manage to get antibiotics. I also live in Perth.

Phil

V
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
V
Activated charcoal has been called a natural antibiotic. I wonder if it would help the cause while you're waiting for the antibiotics. Here's one site that has a lot of info about it.

http://www.charcoalremedies.com/health_conditions

V
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
V
Another type of natural antibiotic for the gut is diatomaceous earth.

http://www.earthworksde.com/page/page/4135163.htm

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
>> Your warning about too many anti-biotic courses is taken on board, Zark

I think that a good range of probiotics will prevent all those problems anyway - ie. complex probiotic, yoghurt, sauerkraut...

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
>> diatomaceous earth

Very interesting Violeta ! smile

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
V
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
V
What I can eat on the diet.....dirty water!

Ninja_AS_Kicker
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: zark
>>

I think that a good range of probiotics will prevent all those problems anyway - ie. complex probiotic, yoghurt, sauerkraut...

you think wrong i believe - because one has hundreds of good bacteria strains that will be killed by antibiotics and only a handfull of strains that will come from probiotics or food that contains probiotics. it will minimise the damage, but it will not cover it.

i believe antibiotics are two-edged. you never know how you will come up after them - see John and others who are verry happy, see me and others who needed months in order to came back from a flare induced by antibiotics. true, the type of antibiotic will probably make a difference, but i will not experiment anymore.

34. Some rheumys say AS stage 1-2 some others say USpA
Also UC - rectocolitis.

UC curently in remission since feb 2011.
AS/USpA remission march-aug 2011. Flare - sept-nov 2011 (antibiotics). Remission now...

Modified NSD/SCD. Cook your own !

And the list of my medication has become verry short after some years on this diet smile
W
wallyb Offline OP
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
W
Hi Philsta
The 2 rheumatologists I have seen are Mastaglia (Fremantle) and NG Kong-chak (Nedlands and Applecross). They are both late middle-age and have a fixed mainstream medical view which excludes the theories of Alan Ebringer on the causes of AS.

I know from day to day, hour to hour, over a period of years that diet affects my condition and to be told that I am mistaken is an insult to my intelligence.

I will not be seeing them again. If you come across a rheumatologist that has an open mind on this subject please let me know.

W
wallyb Offline OP
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
W
Our concerns about over-use of anti-biotics were premature. My GP was not prepared to put me on a course since the justification was not mainstream medecine. They are the gate-keepers and there is nothing I can do to change that.
However she was prepared to accept the drug recommended by the rheumatologist, Salazopyrin, which he described as an anti-inflammatory but which is also mentioned in the article of jroc(?) as affecting the gut -

"Alteration of bowel flora has been a proposed mechanism of action for sulfasalazine, and it has been shown that patients with inflammatory bowel disease treated with sulfasalazine have decreased numbers of nonsporing anaerobes".

I spoke to someone tonight who has tried sulfasalazine and it made him very sick. There is a long list of side-effects for both sulfasalazine and Moxifloxacin, the other drug mentioned in the article, so I am not keen to try either.

I need my GP to prescribe my anti-inflammatories but otherwise it is up to me to overcome my disease using my own resources and help from others such as this website. I did it 8 years ago and I can do it again.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 36 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Welcome All New Members!
by Magician - 08/09/22 10:54 PM
Chamomile tea can reduce inflammation
by L33 - 07/26/22 11:20 PM
Best Gym Equipment to have
by L33 - 07/26/22 10:10 PM
Ankylosing Spondylitis is curable
by Sudhir - 07/24/22 07:34 AM
Let Us Know You Dropped In!
by Magician - 07/15/22 05:46 AM