Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#471538 06/10/12 10:48 PM
Alinus Offline OP
Ninja_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Ninja_AS_Kicker
so...

i've read a lot about people not happy enough with their diet choices.
and most they complain that it takes to much to make an nsd dinner.

this is my dinner (or lunch...).

green onions
tomatoes
natural olives
cucumbers
green peppers
goat cheese
a glass of cabernet sauvignion

usually I put some baby carrots too, but this time i did not had them in my fridge.

this meal takes 5 minutes to be made - only wash the vegetables and put them on the plate.

organic. natural. fast. tasty...
i don't need a fork for it. only my little fingers laugh http://s1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh591/AlinMobileMania/?action=view&current=img026v.jpg

P.S.
hm. why i cannot directly upload an image on this thread?

Last edited by Alinus; 06/11/12 07:53 AM.

34. Some rheumys say AS stage 1-2 some others say USpA
Also UC - rectocolitis.

UC curently in remission since feb 2011.
AS/USpA remission march-aug 2011. Flare - sept-nov 2011 (antibiotics). Remission now...

Modified NSD/SCD. Cook your own !

And the list of my medication has become verry short after some years on this diet smile
AS Czar
AS Czar
Hi, Alinus:

Great post btw.

Quote:
hm. why i cannot directly upload an image on this thread?

Regret that our UBB service does not have the graphics capability; it is one of the trade-offs and we no longer have the space for this kind of storage. However, one of the best and easiest-to-use imagehosting services is Photobucket and it is all free up to a really hefty amount. Then just paste the image location here and it is just like things should be...cool.

HEALTH,
John

Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Green onions RAW?

Hmm.. not sure about that smile

Alinus Offline OP
Ninja_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Ninja_AS_Kicker
and why's that?

Also UC - rectocolitis.

AS/USpA remission march-aug 2011. Flare - sept-nov 2011 (antibiotics). Remission now...

And the list of my medication has become verry short after some years on this diet smile
V
Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
That dinner looks good, and I love green onions, I eat them weekly. I have never had goat cheese, I am going to have to try it soon. I like sharp cheddar, but I am afraid it does not like me, maybe goat cheese won't bother me joints smile

Diet change has improved my RA. I feel best eating raw veggies and some fruits and avoiding grains, sugars, nightshades, beans and dairy. Sed rate dropped from 65 to 19, but it took over a year.
www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

excess fat/oils = pain for me
recipes for raw food on Youtube "raw food romance"
and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
YUM! Both my breakfast and lunch often look like this...(sadly minus the glass of cabernet, though!)

I think going on the NSD liberates us from the "cereal or toast for breakfast, bread-based lunch and hot cooked dinner" paradigm... cool

Quite often, folks at my workplace comment enviously on my delicious lunch and say that it looks as if I'm "having a picnic". Sometimes it includes fingers of frittata, homemade mini meatballs or a soft boiled egg as well as nuts, veges and wedges of cheese etc.

Phil, with regard to the spring onions - they make a great vehicle for homemade tuna dip, tzatziki or taramsalata etc, along with capsicum (peppers), celery, raw carrot, fennel etc.

You've just gotta make sure you aren't planning any passionate encounters with a hot date later in the day, I guess.... blush

Louise

Happy to be a physio by day, not happy to be a Spondy 24/7! wink3
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: inkyfingers

Phil, with regard to the spring onions - they make a great vehicle for homemade tuna dip, tzatziki or taramsalata etc.

You've just gotta make sure you aren't planning any passionate encounters with a hot date later in the day, I guess.... blush

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking smile

Alinus Offline OP
Ninja_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Ninja_AS_Kicker
hahaha, then get married buddy laugh there's no other solution if you like onions or garlic...

Also UC - rectocolitis.

I love goat cheese, but a bit pricey.

In other thread I mentioned I eat salads every day... I think emphasizing veggies really helps with healing on the diet. I love adding grated cheese to salads.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
Looks Great Alinus!!

I take a similar picnic wine tasting with us all the time (I live in Oregon's wine country, and I work for a winery).

I just usually have smoked salmon inlieu of cheese. And we "home-cured" 20lbs of Organic olives last year, so we also enjoy taking those too!! And I usually have some sort of nut-pate (like "not" tuna almond salad, or a sunflower seed pate), and well I always bring along some of my homemade honey sweetented raw chocolates too wink

I love simple picnics, they are so fun for sharing!!

Thanks for sharing your meal with us!
-Andrea

Dotyisle ~ I could not agree more - I believe the ultimate healing happens with LOTS of Veggies (fruits & greens) ~ in the past year, I have changed my whole outlook on eating, I literally make a B-line straight for the produce dept & farm stands, and rarely eat a meal that isn't 75% to 100% fresh produce based. It has made me feel so awesome! I can't believe I ever ate any other way.

xoxo

I'm now a KICK AS (and Kick IBD) success story!! After going low starch Paleo to heal my gut, I can now eat nearly all starches, grains & foods without inflammation, flare-ups, or pain. I used a modified SCD diet approach (minus dairy! plus cacao ♥). Cheers to healing & thriving again! I blog at http://www.forestandfauna.com/about/
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)