Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
K
Hi Zark

Which probiotics have you been using? The only one I have taken successfully is Natren's Trinity. I live in Sydney so I am presuming I can get the same brand.

Also, which iodine do you use? I PMed Louise (Inky Fingers) and she uses Gold Cross. My last bottle didn't detect starch when I added it as an experiment...a bit worrying.

An ideas of a reliable iodine or maybe it was just that one bottle.

Cheers

Keith

PS Sorry to hijack the thread. Oh how I wish I could eat rice!

Hanna Offline OP
OP Offline
I have also been taking probiotics the last few months. And enzymes with each meal, + olive leaf extract and omega 3. I haven't had any pain since April when I ate out on a restaurant (I found out they had bread crumbs by mistake in my salad).

I eat sushi with rice (except fried tempura and soy with wheat) all the time now.

Yesterday I ate lobscouse full of starch (potato, kale, carrots, leeks, onion, celery) and I feel great today.

The probiotics I take are called Bio-Life Bio-dophilus (http://www.helseogkost.no/nettbutikk/magen_og_tarmene/bio_life_bio_dophilus_kapsler_90_stk). In addition, I eat a yoghurt with added Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG.

The enzymes I use are "SuperZym" (Norwegian: http://www.vitalkost.no/shift/superzym/)

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
>> Which probiotics have you been using?

I bought "Soil based organisms" over the internet (probably ebay). I tried two brands in case one was a dud - I used the brands Swanson's and Primal Defence.

>> Also, which iodine do you use?

Ummm that would be betadine I think. Tincture of iodine. I once bought a clear iodine and that didn't work at all.

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
I just had a big bowl of white stick rice. yum yum. I will let you know if I react.

I cooked it with cinnamon, palm sugar, and plenty of salt. Made it nice and thick until it was a big pot of glue heheehe. I heated it up and then added more palm sugar and lots of cream.

Ahh well, I am not as sensitive as I once was so maybe my results are not the best to go by anyways.

"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
hi zark. i looked into the 'soil based' probiotics a while back and just had another quick look then. from what i can see it is just the same species that you'd find in a regular multi-strain probiotic. the 'soil based' claims appear to be just a marketing ploy to try and differentiate the product. they should still be just as good as any other multi-strain probiotic. the swansons ultra even has saccharomyces bouliardii added which could make it even better as SB has had some positive results in IBD studies.

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
hehe yeah it is kinda similar to the multi-strain ones. And yeah maybe it is just marketing, not sure but it is a good point. Here in Australia when I had looked at the popular brands most of them only have one or two strains (I think this is improving though), and if you look hard you can find one with maybe five or so. Whereas the one I'm taking has about 12 to 15 strains, so I am pretty happy to use these 2 products for now as long as the price is OK.

My attitude is that we want to create an ecosystem in our guts, not a monoculture. It is also a bit of a shotgun approach - try a dozen things and if one works then great. Of course then you might have the smaller problem of working backwards to find out precisely which one of them worked.

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Originally Posted By: zark
I just had a big bowl of white stick rice. yum yum. I will let you know if I react.

Yeah was fine with it.. nothing very noticeable happened as a reaction. No significant change in stiffness. Oh, except it left a lot of gunk on the gumline. No wonder people get gum disease and tooth rot.

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Continue to eat stick rice without issue. Anyone else want to join me in this little experiment???
Would love to know your results.

I am definitely not desensitised to starch yet - I have had two reactions recently. One was with macadamias, and the second was a couple of stray lentils that I hadn't noticed in a seafood meal at a restaurant. The macadamias were the big reaction - took about two weeks to recover from completely (pain for 3 or 4 days, but ulcers, dry mouth, skin problems like eczema & infection, weak digestion continued on for much longer hence the longish recovery specified).

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Oh, and both black sticky rice, and white sticky rice have been no problem.
I wonder about sushi rice? It looks like a short-grain rice..maybe it is OK too?

L
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Macadamias?? I have been eating them like popcorn (much to the chagrin to my husband due to their price!)

Lauren S.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM