Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#467340 04/15/12 01:07 AM
Kancie Offline OP
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hi guys! Hoping everyone is feeling well. smile My shoulder is still frozen pretty solid, though pt says I am making progress though some days I don't feel it. Eyes are trying to flare with all this pollen, but I'm fighting it.

I haven't been in because frankly it hurts to be online. I very much WANT to spend all day here, and if I go poking my nose about, I certainly will. But being online is very uncomfortable arms wise. So I have avoided checking in, but I miss you all very much!

I am still doing fantastically on the NSD, and still a rather poor cook. smile I will try to check in more often, but not with the usual thread volume that I'm generally capable of.

LOVE!!!

Iritis first diagnosed in 1991, presently recurrent and steroid resistant.
Tested HLA B27 positive in 1996.
AS diagnosed October of 2011.

Putting most of my eggs in the NSD and exercise basket, using only TENS, massage, heat and ice, and NSAIDS (sparingly) for pain. Drops for iritis as flare necessitates. Looking back I feel I would have been diagnosed with AS years ago, if I had found a rheumy earlier than 2011.
Master_AS_Kicker
Master_AS_Kicker
Kancie, I'm glad you checked in. I hope your shoulder starts to get better. It's also good to hear that the NSD is doing well for you. Keep up with the effort!

--Greg

AS symptoms started 1991. Official dx in 2006 with HLA-B27+, fused SIJ, bone spurs in back, extreme rib/hip pain, and other family with SpA. Started Enbrel in 2006 with good results, but stopped in 2010 due to nerve damage (MS) from it. Getting good results with no-starch diet since 2011.
V
Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
Hello Kancie,

Sorry your shoulder hurts, that was my first arthritis pain/symptom and I could not lift it or move it and getting dressed was something to be seen. Glad the NSD is working well for you, its helping me too and gives me hope.
We miss you too!!!

take care!

Diet change has improved my RA. I feel best eating raw veggies and some fruits and avoiding grains, sugars, nightshades, beans and dairy. Sed rate dropped from 65 to 19, but it took over a year.
www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

excess fat/oils = pain for me
recipes for raw food on Youtube "raw food romance"
and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise
AS Czar
AS Czar
Hey, Kancie:

I had frozen shoulder and "adhesive capsulitis," and I did PT on my own: Very heavy dumbells (weights), and small circles parallel with floor. As my shoulder relented each a little more each week, the circles got bigger until I was able to do full-range, but even after that, I was unable to lift my arm too far above my head.

Hope You resolve this quickly--and get out and stay away from that inflammation.

HEALTH,
John

Kancie Offline OP
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Thanks for the well wishes! You see I've already spent well over an hour here, reading and replying a bit. smile

This is my second battle with adhesive capsulitis. First the right shoulder now the left. I have to say the left is far worse. I didn't have much pt with the right, and it was 3 years before I had any real range of motion back, even doing exercises for it at home. Then a few months after feeling better - BAM left shoulder.

The first round, all I heard was, "We don't know what causes this. Women get it more than men. Diabetics get it." This time I have heard that, however I have very attentive physical therapy treatment this time, with both doctor and therapists HEARING me when I say that I have encountered many others here with AS who have also had recurring frozen shoulder. They are interested in a connection between arthritis and FS, and try many types of therapy and pain management. It is refreshing to be a part of my own recovery.

Putting most of my eggs in the NSD and exercise basket, using only TENS, massage, heat and ice, and NSAIDS (sparingly) for pain. Drops for iritis as flare necessitates. Looking back I feel I would have been diagnosed with AS years ago, if I had found a rheumy earlier than 2011.
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
hi, good to see you here! smile

when i'm in pain so that sitting at a desk on a computer is hard, i'm glad i have my little mac book air with wireless. i sit in my recliner with a heating pad on with the MBA on my lap, arms close to my body and down. and a very ergonomically "correct" keyboard. makes being on a computer much easier. unless of course the thumbs, fingers, or wrists are flared. otherwise, these little computers can help.

of course there are sometimes when nothing really works. so if its one of those times, hope you are feeling a bit better soon smile

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Kancie Offline OP
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
I have a pretty big lappy, Sue... but I do have a good lap table for it. What I don't have, that I feel would REALLY help me, is a recliner. I would LOVE to have a recliner.

Propped on the couch with the lappy just isn't the same, and still strains my neck and shoulders. My hands have been irritated as well. I do feel getting ergonomically correct would give me a lot more time online.I guess I should price chairs!

Iron_AS_Kicker
Iron_AS_Kicker
Sorry to hear you're having this trouble. I'd be climbing the walls (figuratively...) and in deep trouble job-wise if I ever had to stay offline very long. That's one of the things that spooked me most about iritis, lying in a dark room imagining having to learn a braille terminal...

I did respond to this - but dunno where I put it...! Sheesh gotta take some 'K' is all I can suggest...<LOL> http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.10...tomisedMessage=

Hi Kancie - nice to see you - but not good to hear about the rotten shoulder problem. (John's 'circles' could well help - but no weights to start with, OK?) Take care gal -

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Pea Offline
Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
clap Hi Kancie,
I was asking about you in the shout box. Wondered where you went to. Glad that you checked back in. So sorry you are still having problems with that arm. I know it takes awhile. Happened to my sister too. We miss you! Be well and God Bless.

Pea
Diagnosed with A.S. 29 year's ago.
Diagnosed with Fibro 10 year's ago.
Remicade, Intrathecal Pain Pump 2013

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 36 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,367,361 hmmm
1,323,044 OMG!!!!
711,701 PARTY TIME!