Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Carol61 Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
C
I have know I have Oesteo in most joints for a while, and have been on disabilty for nearly 10 mths now. The pain (it seems is all over) I honestly couldnt pick a place where I am not hurting these days. Pain levels seem to be going through the roof .
Went to see surgeon about my knees today and he said I have a lot more to worry about than my knees. He thinks I "am ridlled with rheumatiod arthritis" and that should be my main concern right now and my local GP is concerned I also have MS.

I am sorrry to have a whinge but I just dont seem to be coping well, between the pain, my skin feels like I have been standing near a fire and I am getting the sparks all over me, my hand keep having pins and needles. I have the worst headache you cam imagine.

The wait where I live to see a Rheumatoligist is 3 years where I live. I dont know if i can handle this

Dx 2006 Sleep apnoea
Depression- Major
2010 Cervical Spondylosis
Typhoid Fever & Salmonella
2011 Sponylosis- Lumbosacral
Scoliosis
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Osteoarthritis
Plantar Fasiitis (Bilateral)
Polyarthralgia
Carpul tunnel
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Sciatica
Fibromyalgia
V
Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
Wow, I feel so bad for you. It sounds like you are going through a lot right now. See if an apple fast for 2-3 days brings some of your pain levels down. It has helped me scale my pain down in the past. If the apples alone are too hard then add some chicken and/or chicken broth. For me this brings down my inflammation, but that's just me.
I can't believe you have to wait so long to see a rheumatologist. Can you travel elsewhere? I hope you find a good doctor that can help you. Inthe meantime you may want to try avoiding sugar, grains,and dairy. When I avoid these foods my RA does a lot better. Dr. Mercola has a RA diet that has helped many go into remission.You can google "Dr Mercola RA diet." It's similar to the no starch diet, just a little bit stricter, I think.
I hope you feel better.

Diet change has improved my RA. I feel best eating raw veggies and some fruits and avoiding grains, sugars, nightshades, beans and dairy. Sed rate dropped from 65 to 19, but it took over a year.
www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

excess fat/oils = pain for me
recipes for raw food on Youtube "raw food romance"
and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise
C
Carol61 Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
C
Thanks Valsmum for reply, I wil look into Dr. Mercola. But honestly am not really in frame of mind to go on really strict diet. Have never been able to stick to diets.
I have my Brain scan this arvo, I wonder how long before I get the results, I also have my left shoulder xrayed. Had A really bad night and didnt get to sleep until 4.30 this morning. Maybe I'll fall asleep afer they put the canular in for the dye.

Cheers Carol

Dx 2006 Sleep apnoea
Depression- Major
Scoliosis
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Osteoarthritis
Polyarthralgia
Carpul tunnel
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Sciatica
Fibromyalgia
L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
Carol,
this is the place to express your frustration and pain.

I also found out I have an MS brain - possible from high blood pressure. pin like skin pain can be quite startling

I have trouble with a diet, I can go for a while, but then suddenly I am in a flare again and I give up.

but I do know fasting helps reduce the swelling in my stomach and then my back and joints feel better.

Nothing has helped me better than really hot water....
be careful don;t get dizzy.

we have to keep working at it.
keep us informed

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
C
Carol61 Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
C
Thanks Lon, I had the brain scan yesterday, all went well. until early hours of this morning. Kept waking with huge headache. this lasted all morning,didnt get out of bed until 11.30am. A friend came over and took me out for a while. I only live 17klms from a beautiful beach, so we had fish and chips and cuppa at the beach and it made me feel so much better. A sea breeze helps clear the mind.
I have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to find out the results, will let you know after I get them.

Cheers Carol

Dx 2006 Sleep apnoea
Depression- Major
Scoliosis
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Osteoarthritis
Polyarthralgia
Carpul tunnel
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Sciatica
Fibromyalgia
C
Carol61 Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
C
Hi there, got the results from the CT scan and all good. My doc did do a pressure point test on me and has said I have fibromyalgia. I have been telling her for months that if I am in bed and our small cat walks on me when I am asleep. I instantly wake and hold my breathe and freeze until the pain stops. And also when my son touches me sometimes,(with no pressure intended it can really hurt me).I just seem to ache everywhere now, and any pressure on me mostly causes a far bit of pain.

Anyway, I finally feel she is listening to me. I had my left shoulder xrayed on the same day as the CT scan and the Xray showed I have spurs in the joint and oesteo.

And finally I got letter from hospital and I have an appointment to have a endoscopy done this comeing monday (2nd April.) For years now I have always said I feel that the back of my tongue is tooo big for my throat. That is the only way I can describe it. For about a year now I have had trouble on and off with swallowing, (but not with food and drink) Just feels like I have a throat infection but without the infection. Everytime my doc has looked at it, it has been sore and red and dry. But no infection. I have had thyroid tests, barium swallow, etc and shows nothing.
It seems to be getting worse, and for the last month every morning I am coughing up a small chunk of phlegm. So I am really happy to have this test finally.

So pleased the CT scan didnt show any signs of MS or any other problem (that was always a worry as my mother died of a brain tumour when I was only 12.

Cheers CArol

Dx 2006 Sleep apnoea
Depression- Major
Scoliosis
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Osteoarthritis
Polyarthralgia
Carpul tunnel
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Sciatica
Fibromyalgia
Pea Offline
Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
Hi Carol,

Sorry you got the Fibro dx as well. There are some of us on here with it as well. It is no joke!!! Research it well. It makes the pain of everything else intensified. See if the weather affects it. I noticed the 1st year I had it even before I was dx'd with it that every time the barometric pressure would change, I would flare.

The throat thing sounds really uncomfortable. I hope they get to the bottom of it and find out what it is. Wow, that is a long wait to see a Rheumatologist. See if your Dr. can give you something to sleep. It makes a world of difference in coping with these diseases.

Pea
Diagnosed with A.S. 29 year's ago.
Diagnosed with Fibro 10 year's ago.
Remicade, Intrathecal Pain Pump 2013
Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
Hi Carol,
Just a thought, if you can travel ask your doctor to send a rheumy referral to other public hospitals. The waiting list at Caboolture hospital is about 12 months but you can also get in quicker depending on severity. I was able to get an app after 3months but that was over a year ago.

My 15yr old daughter has just been given a ref to this rheumy so I will find out soon how long the wait list is now.

All the best.

Moderated by  WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)