Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pea Offline
Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
Proud of you Seb! You worked through a lot of your fear's and anxiety, listened and believed us that you could do it. We are your biggest cheerleaders!!

Have all of your ducks in a row before you set off. Good advice above. Can't wait to here about how all of it goes Seb.

Pea
Diagnosed with A.S. 29 year's ago.
Diagnosed with Fibro 10 year's ago.
Remicade, Intrathecal Pain Pump 2013
Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
Nice work. What are you studying? I went to the student exchange information lecture last semester and it sounds like it would be an awesome experience. The students that had done it couldn't recommend it highly enough. Just by coincidence the student who did the main talk had done his exchange in Norway and said it was amazing there.

S
seb Offline OP
Sergeant_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Sergeant_AS_Kicker
S
Thanks a lot for the replies!! I obviously still have to get accepted into the exchange programme which may prove difficult if I am not a full time student but like you say Cemc there is probabaly a way around it! A year is also a long time a way with AS but I'm hoping that I won't be too much worse.

In other news, I have been approved for Humira treatment. I'm quite pleased about this and hoping to see positive results!

Originally Posted By: seb
Thanks a lot for the replies!! I obviously still have to get accepted into the exchange programme which may prove difficult if I am not a full time student but like you say Cemc there is probabaly a way around it! A year is also a long time a way with AS but I'm hoping that I won't be too much worse.

In other news, I have been approved for Humira treatment. I'm quite pleased about this and hoping to see positive results!

Yay Seb! I know of another ASer in Auckland who has had success on Humira. I hope it will work well for you too. That is fantastic news smile.

Future's so bright....better put on your shades cool

Chelsea smile

[Linked Image]
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Originally Posted By: seb

yay for that too! cheerleader

good news all the way around! roll

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
You are a rock star, Seb! So so so so so happy and excited for you! It will be an awesome experience!I also highly recommend getting yourself positioned to do something that enables you to work for yourself, or be in a consulting or free lance position.

I know you're going to achieve all that you dream of, and have a wildly happy life, despite your AS.

Iritis first diagnosed in 1991, presently recurrent and steroid resistant.
Tested HLA B27 positive in 1996.
AS diagnosed October of 2011.

Putting most of my eggs in the NSD and exercise basket, using only TENS, massage, heat and ice, and NSAIDS (sparingly) for pain. Drops for iritis as flare necessitates. Looking back I feel I would have been diagnosed with AS years ago, if I had found a rheumy earlier than 2011.
Copper_AS_Kicker
Copper_AS_Kicker
Congrats! I hope the Humira works for you. I think if you can study for a year abroad you should do it no matter what the AS is doing. I dropped out of university after one year and now, many years later, regret that decision and the lost opportunity to study abroad. I was a violin player and studied German and was going to study in Vienna.

Micki
Mom to 9
Dx'ed Ocular Herpes, Sept. '08
Dx'ed AS May '09, suffering on and off since 1979
Dx'ed Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma May '08, relapse Oct '11
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 36 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,367,361 hmmm
1,323,044 OMG!!!!
711,701 PARTY TIME!