Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 346 of 566 1 2 344 345 346 347 348 565 566
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Today's run 5 miles in 50 minutes. The wind was horrible, after 3 miles I just turned and ran home. Then I went to the gym and spent 35 minutes on the elliptical.

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
one hour moving snow that has been thawed, frozen and then plowed back on the sidewalk yiikkkeees
it is a bit a sharp pain on the joints

i guess the will throw my weight into it, yuk, yuk

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Wish me luck! smile I'm taking prednisone for the first time in 40+ years. Trying to get hold of a nasty lower back can't-barely-shuffle flare. mad I talked my doc into the prescription last time I saw her. yes On the up side, I got in 500 yds before the flare monster kicked me out of the pool on Friday. grin

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

really wanted to get out there and walk yesterday and today, but this flare said no, so you and i erica are pred buddies this week!

i finally pulled out my script of 4 mg pills this morning and started a 6 day taper.

my chiro and i could handle the subluxating ribs, i was sleeping off the fatigue with 9-10 hours of sleep each night, was dealing with the inflamed tongue bumps and irritated eyes, and the probiotics were half working, but then when i woke with a very stiff SI / lower back, i said enough was enough, and so i'm trying pred while in a moderate flare.

it was hard to judge it the first time i took it when i was in an awful flare; i mean it made the things that weren't part of the flare feel awesome, like my feet, but the things that were awful, it was hard to say how much the pred was helping.

but in a moderate flare, its easier to tell. the SI is still a bit sore and stiff, ice packs in the recliner all day though does help. but other parts of me, like hey, i can turn my neck without the usual pain! and the eyes and mouth are already better. and i feel like i have so much more energy. wonder if it will help the constipation as well?

but pred does give a kind of jittery headachy feeling; that was hard to access the last time when i was still in so much pain it was hard to tell what was causing what: the pain or the pred. i

'm to go to the rheumy next monday, a few days after the pred taper, that will be good timing, as this has made me think we gotta move on to more than LDN and supplements.

i know you don't have that choice erica, so hoping the pred helps you as much as it seems to help me.

when it comes to pred, it seems like its a fine line knowing when to start it, before the flare becomes a run away train; hoping this time i didn't wait too long. the next few days will tell.

and i'm just doing a 6 day taper mostly cause i don't know how else to do it; my rheumy tried to explain how i could take it longer, but i'm not sure i want to go down that road anyway, not unless there is no other choice.

i had this idea that if i could just avoid all allergens, i could avoid flares (since my worst flares are always mid to late summer), but since late february / early march just doesn't seem like allergy season (though this is becoming pretty routine to flare right around our spring break), don't think that is the solution; pretty sure i want more meds. i tried it without as long as i could. at least i now have a rheumy who will allow me to consider them.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: Sue22
really wanted to get out there and walk yesterday and today, but this flare said no, so you and i erica are pred buddies this week!

Where else would one hear the term "pred buddies"? Sometimes this deal cracks me up. Get well lovie. hugss

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: EricaK
Wish me luck! smile I'm taking prednisone for the first time in 40+ years. Trying to get hold of a nasty lower back can't-barely-shuffle flare. mad I talked my doc into the prescription last time I saw her. yes On the up side, I got in 500 yds before the flare monster kicked me out of the pool on Friday. grin

Go TEAM! clap

Good luck. Prednisone has always scared me, but they have twice put me solumedrol for my MS. I am not sure what the difference is. I keep thinking I should start swimming also.

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: Orch

Go TEAM! clap

Good luck. Prednisone has always scared me, but they have twice put me solumedrol for my MS. I am not sure what the difference is. I keep thinking I should start swimming also.

Swimming is the bomb! I don't know why I didn't try prednisone before now. I really can't tell if it's working much. But my fingers feel great and I've been typing like a wild person for days...

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

L
Lon Offline
L
More snow,
more shoveling, more snow coming.

my hands look like clubs, swollen fingers, but my lower back is a bit better, I have walked 20 minutes and then I plan on going to the pool - walk against current..

lovie = is that a cute bird?? swimming a bomb???? then where is the fuse??

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Originally Posted By: Sue22

Where else would one hear the term "pred buddies"? Sometimes this deal cracks me up. Get well lovie. hugss

thanks! smile

you too! heart

gotta have a sense of humour! one of our best secret weapons i think! yes

hoping the pred is helping you as much as its helping me. i'd say that pred is the bomb! (when used short term of course) cheerleader

i even made it to the dentist this morning to have my crown put in over my implant that they started with back in june. i never could have done that a day or two after my SI flaring like this without the pred. yes, its still sore, typical after that much muscle spasming, but really, compared to without pred......

and everything else feels a lot better too.

and the energy, its unbelievable how much energy i have! the downside of course is that i don't seem to get sleepy while on pred, so i stay up too late. need more discipline on that.

wish my SI was good enough to walk today. its really windy, but the sun is shining and its a balmy 50 degrees, in upstate NY, in february! i'll find an excuse to get back outside if just to stand out there for a few minutes to soak up the rays. cool

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
40 kilometres in 1 hour 5 minutes on the bike.

I shall continue with my archaic spelling technique.

Page 346 of 566 1 2 344 345 346 347 348 565 566

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)