Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Steel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Steel_AS_Kicker
GRRRRRRRR
Not a good day today. Was already in a mini flare from the big weekend then took the kids to the beach for board training yesterday.

I was in the surf waiting for miss 6 to paddle out so I was facing the beach watching her when another kid lost control of his board behind me. I didn't see it and next thing it wacks me in the right SI area. It dropped me instantly. Couldn't move for about 5 mins. I just bobbed up and down in the surf massaging where the board hit me. Was still sore but it did loosen up and I figured the water was a good place to stretch it out so I stayed for another hour training miss 6.

I was still in pain when I got home but nothing too bad so I had a hot shower and continued my regular evening only to wake this morning in hell. I can not stand up without sticking my pelvis out and hunched over and even that only helps to get me to the bathroom. I now have a stabbing pain in the right side of the spine under the shoulderblade area where the ribs wrap arround.Breathing hurts.

The only possition I can stand is sitting on the floor leaning completely forward hunched over. Not good for posture I know but it is the only thing that makes the pain tollerable.

Will see how I go today. No point going to my GP because he now just says oh yes that is your AS acting up and won't do anything. Went to him last week because my shoulder was really bad again and he won't even do an x-ray. It is like I just have to deal with it as this is what AS does no concern for what damage is actuling happening to the shoulder joint.

Ok rant over just so much pain from something so little.
Love to you all.

Trish

Copper_AS_Kicker
Copper_AS_Kicker
Sounds awful, Trish. I hope it doesn't hang around long. I admire your tenacity with staying in the water and working with the kids.

Micki
Mom to 9
Dx'ed Ocular Herpes, Sept. '08
Dx'ed AS May '09, suffering on and off since 1979
Dx'ed Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma May '08, relapse Oct '11
A
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
A
Ouch! that's awful. Have you tried hot pads or ice packs? I think I would do the ice for a couple of days and then switch to heat. I hope you feel better soon.

Donna
Cherish your yesterdays,
Dream your tomorrows,
But live your todays.
Do the very best you can
leave the rest to God.
God Bless,
Pea Offline
Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
Have you tried a Theracane to work out some of those darn trigger point's! I hate it for you. Every day you go try to have some fun with those wonderful kids of yours and then you hurt. I know A.S. hurt's but so does some of the myofascial pain that set's up trigger points in your body. I bought the book on how to treat them all over your body and then bought a Theracane to work then out. A tennis ball in a tube sock will help too. Just lean against a wall and roll up and down and let the ball work it's magic. I am not saying this is the problem Trish but it sure sounds familiar.

Pea
Diagnosed with A.S. 29 year's ago.
Diagnosed with Fibro 10 year's ago.
Remicade, Intrathecal Pain Pump 2013
W
Warrior_AS_Kicker
Warrior_AS_Kicker
W
Trish:

I am so sorry you are suffering. Have you tried Tiger Balm? I buy mine at the local Walgreens. I would rub that into your sore muscles and in a few days, you should have improvement and ice should help too - 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off .There are always freak accidents when a person is around children. My feet are always getting run over, my back climbed on, my arms pulled, etc...

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!!

Shari

Meds -Hizentra, leflunomide, Prednisone
Steel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Steel_AS_Kicker
Thanks beautiful ladies.
At a low point tonight. You know when the pain gets too much you almost give up. If I gets much worse I am going to call hubby home from work (he is on night shift)

Have tried the ice and heat. Tried the tiger balm. It does help a little. Tried going for a swim this afternoon but it hurt so much trying to keep my body in the swim position.

Pea I don't know what Theracane is. have used the help held massager though.

My shoulders and chest feel like there is a ton of bricks on them and my head feels too heavy for my neck. I am not sick just loads of pain.

Thanks again for the support and advice, as you all know it means the world to have others that understand and want to help. I think that helps most of all knowing you are all here.

xxxxx

C
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
C
Ouch! Staying in the water for a while was probably really good thinking, as at the very least it would have supported your body easier.

With that kind of accident, I really think you should have gone to emergency and got assessed for it as an accident, not as pain or aggravation of AS. Bypass your GP completely. If its hurt you that bad you need to make sure that you haven't done anything that could impact on your spinal cord.

Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Trish,

It seems that you are accident prone... wasn't there something about slipping over at a shopping centre (or something along those lines) a while back? smile

Phil

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OUCH!

Hopefully you are starting to feel better and didn't do no AS related damage. THat is gonna hurt anybody AS or not a whole heck of a lot.

A bit cavalier of your DOc. Be a bit of a problem if you cracked a rib or such and no one is willing to do an x-ray.

On the other hand not much better than being out in the water with the kids (miss 6 in this case)paddling about and such. Hope you get lots more of those types of days.

L-R: Julianna, Jamie, Diane and Tonimarie

stevec-they also serve who stand and wait
Steel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Steel_AS_Kicker
Phil, yes I have been a little accident prone lately.
I should know better when in the surf with kids and boards.
Lots of pain again this morning, I think this has made my mini flare progress. GRRR
Have to go to work today though. Have markets tomorrow so I have to load the plants. Don't know how I am going to do it but I have to give it a go.

I will bypass the GP if I get worse and go to the ER and gently demand some X-rays. Feels like my hips are lop sided.

Most frustrating is that I have 48 green caps(under6 and 7's)on Sunday for there last day of the nipper season. We are having a mini olympics and they will want to chase me and jump on me. (i'm the age manager) Hope I am up to it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Chamomile tea can reduce inflammation
by L33 - 07/26/22 11:20 PM
Best Gym Equipment to have
by L33 - 07/26/22 10:10 PM
Ankylosing Spondylitis is curable
by Sudhir - 07/24/22 07:34 AM