Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#460169 01/13/12 08:58 AM
Brandon Offline OP
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Anyone else here have a body temperature that runs low? As long as I can remember my body temp seemed to run in the 97 range as a kid. In the past year and half since taking biologics and having the temp checked every 2-4 months it seems to always be in the 96 range. Once dipping down to 95.8. A second reading got 96.2. This is at several doctors offices and nurses always shrug it off but after some curious readings it seems to be a possible cause of alarm to have checked out. Anyone else experience that especially taking biologics?

HLAB27+ A.S for 2 year. Humira, Enbrel, Simponi all tried now moving on to Remicade. Meth, sulfa, tramadol, etc...
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
YES. omg. I don't take any of the medications, but my normal body temperature has always been 96.5 - 97.5. Weird.

Iritis first diagnosed in 1991, presently recurrent and steroid resistant.
Tested HLA B27 positive in 1996.
AS diagnosed October of 2011.

Putting most of my eggs in the NSD and exercise basket, using only TENS, massage, heat and ice, and NSAIDS (sparingly) for pain. Drops for iritis as flare necessitates. Looking back I feel I would have been diagnosed with AS years ago, if I had found a rheumy earlier than 2011.
C
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
C
Yes, I have a low body temperature, as do most of my family. I'm sure it also led to my fathers death indirectly - he died of sepsis, but because his temperature didn't go really high I don't think they picked it up early enough to treat. I have similar problems with my GP when I am unwell. If I say I have a fever, then she checks my temp and says its normal I can't argue - even though I know for me it is a fever. I'm much more aware now and prepared to argue my case.

C
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
C
Yes, I have a low body temperature, as do most of my family. I'm sure it also led to my fathers death indirectly - he died of sepsis, but because his temperature didn't go really high I don't think they picked it up early enough to treat. I have similar problems with my GP when I am unwell. If I say I have a fever, then she checks my temp and says its normal I can't argue - even though I know for me it is a fever. I'm much more aware now and prepared to argue my case.

Mostly it seems they just ignore low blood temperature, but it can be a sign of thyroid deficiency, so its worth getting your thyroid checked out.

I am hardly ever sick, so rarely take my temperature. But I seem to be cold indoors easily and hate air conditioning. With my wife, is battle at the thermostat for the air, I always want air off or temp higher.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
M
mig Offline
M
I think with AS we are more apt to run a very low grade fever. Low body temperature may be a sign of thyroid?

Re: biologics, I am always freezing eek !!! everywhere I go (thermostat battles here too Tim! smile ) however, my temp is usually normal.

Brandon Offline OP
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
I will go to my local gp soon and get some testing done. I have had thyroid blood work done before and nothing but maybe there is more testing they need to do.

HLAB27+ A.S for 2 year. Humira, Enbrel, Simponi all tried now moving on to Remicade. Meth, sulfa, tramadol, etc...
Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
Make sure they do a whole work up. TSH is not very revealing. I am only getting into this. My GP suspected some thyroid problem due low basal metabolism and BOOM, the testing confirmed his suspicions. I am now on Armour Thyroid medication. However, this could be due to some sort of infection too. Low body temperature might also be indicative of some sort of infection (chronic, hidden).

Kind Regards,
Jay

Almost all of us long for peace and freedom; but very few of us have much enthusiasm for the thoughts, feelings, and actions that make for peace and freedom. - Aldous Huxley

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. - Thomas Jefferson
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Well this makes perfect sense to me..my temp always runs around 99.00 maybe up to 99.9 but since I have been on Remicade and after my treatments my temp drops to like 97.5 I figured it is cutting out the inflammation in my body..not sure!

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

Brandon Offline OP
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
My past 5 temp readings have been 95.8-96.9 range at the doctors office.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!