Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Originally Posted By: snowshoe
Cartwheels cry

LOL!

in that case, i add, headstands! :santa2:

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: Sue22
wearing inflexible shoes. wore my shoe boots for too long the other day and my foot "got stuck" and had to be worked to get it mobile again. quite painful.

Ditto on the inflexible shoes....I had surgery on 2 of my toes (one on each foot) this past summer. I wore the rigid surgery shoes till I went for stitch removal at 10 days post-op. My calves (one of my bad spots) were absolutely horridly stiff, flamingly sore and I was unable to walk without severe pain. This was due to the surgery shoes. Took a week to undo the damage.

I would add that some of us need good arch support, flexible shoes, roomy toe boxes, cushy insoles. Others can wear 'other stuff' with no problem. For shoes, it's best to find your personal Nirvana because AS feet are rarely happy feet.

I think the shoe answer for 'what not to do' should be.... don't wear shoes that are bad for you.

DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis
Meds: MTX since Oct 2009, 15mg/week. Cimzia-restarted after 2 yrs away.
Epidural Steroid Injections x8; Lumbar Radiofreq Ablation x2
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9
C
Active_Member
Active_Member
C
Regarding..Sleeping on your side is bad, as it both bends your spine and curves your shoulders inward. Sleep as straight as possible.

I have spent my whole life sleeping on my side. Either one. I toss from one side to the other the whole night depending how much my shoulders hurt. doesnt matter. Cant sleep on my back. I will admit my shoulders give me hell but if I I tried to sleep on my back I feel like I am choking (always have done).

I agree with being in 1 position too long, standing or sitting. So very bad for us.

Dx 2006 Sleep apnoea
Depression- Major
2010 Cervical Spondylosis
Typhoid Fever & Salmonella
2011 Sponylosis- Lumbosacral
Scoliosis
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Osteoarthritis
Plantar Fasiitis (Bilateral)
Polyarthralgia
Carpul tunnel
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Sciatica
Fibromyalgia
H
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
H
Originally Posted By: Carol61
Regarding..Sleeping on your side is bad, as it both bends your spine and curves your shoulders inward. Sleep as straight as possible.

I have spent my whole life sleeping on my side. Either one. I toss from one side to the other the whole night depending how much my shoulders hurt. doesnt matter. Cant sleep on my back. I will admit my shoulders give me hell but if I I tried to sleep on my back I feel like I am choking (always have done).

I agree with being in 1 position too long, standing or sitting. So very bad for us.

I sleep on my side and am the same (shoulder trouble). But I can't sleep on my back. I'm large chested and I feel like I can't breathe, and some days I get SI pain. Sometimes I sleep kind of on my side but more towards the front, with the bottom arm stretched out alongside me, seems to help loosen my shoulders up. What I want is a new mattress- on holiday I slept on a pocket spring one, and the give around my body made it so much more comfortable. But no money for that for the forseeable.

Shoes- Birks are a big no-no for me. I developed PF after getting my first pair, didn't realise the shoes were making it worse, then ended up dependent on them as it hurt more if I didn't wear them. Am now in a lengthy process of weaning myself off them. Just got a pair of Converse I hope to be able to wear in the spring.

Walking barefoot on hard floors. Owww!

Symptomatic since 1996
Gluten free since 2008
Paleo since 2010
NSD since 2011
I need a rotisserie to sleep.. Approx 30 -40mins left then 30 back then right then front and round we go again.. If I'm really bad I need to be propped up to sleep.. I do sleep with no pillow front and back for max flatness..
I guess using the word sleep could be construed as a stretch of the imagation really but it's what I get.

Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Most of the members have mentioned against sleeping on the sides. I accept that it does not keep the spine straight. I have been lying on the sides. I understand prone lying is the recommended posture. In that position the neck has to be kept side ways. Hence, I do not do that.

My querry is what are the disadvantages to lie on the sides.

Regrads.
JAY

L
Lon Offline
L
Dusty,
I am finally getting sleep.
PM night time, meds helped.

But the meds the neurologist gave are of course the best.
6-7 hours now. I do not feel rested, but the flu like symptoms are not as bad.

are you taking a night time med?

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
L
Lon Offline
L
snow - come on! Cartwheels?
this is cerial.
How do you expect to catch that silly wabbit, joking around like this?
Listening?
that's better,now be cerial, ok? cartwheels?
I have done two; my wife's 1965 Camero, F 150 pickup. Well I was head over heels anyway..

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Originally Posted By: jay_bharat
Most of the members have mentioned against sleeping on the sides. I accept that it does not keep the spine straight. I have been lying on the sides. I understand prone lying is the recommended posture. In that position the neck has to be kept side ways. Hence, I do not do that.

My querry is what are the disadvantages to lie on the sides.

Regrads.
JAY

for me, i simply can't do it. either side and within a few minutes, my SI joint starts to hurt. even when its relatively calm, laying on my side makes it hurt. i'm not really sure why that is the case, but it is.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
I can't sleep on my sides anymore. It hurts to bad. Of course I can't sleep in any position sometimes...lol.

HLAB27+ A.S for 2 year. Humira, Enbrel, Simponi all tried now moving on to Remicade. Meth, sulfa, tramadol, etc...
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 54 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM