Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kiwi Offline OP
OP Offline
Made these as hubby was missing having something crunchy to snack on. A lot of my baked stuff is soft.

50g melted butter (1/4 cup)
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup sifted coconut flour

Whisk the eggs to combine yolks and whites. Add melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt and mix (I use an electric hand held mixer but even just a whisk is fine).
Sift in coconut flour and stir to combine.
Stir in chocolate chips. Mixture will be a bit runny.

Drop using a Tablespoon onto a cookie tray lined with baking paper. As the mixture is runny the cookies will spread as they cook. They end up about 8cm (3 inches) in diameter.

Bake at 375F (190C) for 15 mins. I like to do them 2-3 minutes longer until they are quite brown around the edges as this makes them more crunchy.

Allow to cool a bit before removing from tray or they will fall to pieces. Quite crunchy on the first day they are made. They are a bit more chewy the next day but still good.

Makes about 15 cookies.

Note: Do not even attempt to make these without using baking paper or a special non-stick cookie tray. I tried to make them using only a well greased cookie tray and they stuck like cement!

Chelsea smile

[Linked Image]
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
i love you.

Iritis first diagnosed in 1991, presently recurrent and steroid resistant.
Tested HLA B27 positive in 1996.
AS diagnosed October of 2011.

Putting most of my eggs in the NSD and exercise basket, using only TENS, massage, heat and ice, and NSAIDS (sparingly) for pain. Drops for iritis as flare necessitates. Looking back I feel I would have been diagnosed with AS years ago, if I had found a rheumy earlier than 2011.
Kiwi Offline OP
OP Offline
Edit:

If you are using very fine coconut flour (ie nothing remains in the sieve after your sift the flour) then you may need less than 1/2 cup in this recipe. Maybe 1/3 cup. The mixture should be just liquid enough so it runs off the spoon.

My supplier of coconut flour here in NZ keeps giving me different grades of coconut flour each time I order which is doing my head in! The last few orders have been more coarse so that when I sift the flour there is quite a bit of coarse husky stuff left behind in the sieve. Using that type of flour I needed 1/2 cup. My new batch of flour arrived this week and it is super fine and powdery. I made the cookies as per the recipe above and they didn't turn out right as the mixture wasn't runny enough.

So depending on your flour you may need to experiment to get the cookies crunchy.

Chelsea smile

[Linked Image]
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
I've just made these! My first batch was a bit too thick I believe, and the edges burned. So, I turned the oven down to 350, thinned out my cookie batter a bit with some cream, and took the baking time to 13 minutes. They are not crunchy, but Kiwi they are heaven! Thank you so much!

With the parchment paper they just pop right off and a new batch straight into the oven. I have loads of ideas to try in the mix - coconut, macadamia nuts, cinnamon.... Mmmmmm...

This was so quick and easy!

Putting most of my eggs in the NSD and exercise basket, using only TENS, massage, heat and ice, and NSAIDS (sparingly) for pain. Drops for iritis as flare necessitates. Looking back I feel I would have been diagnosed with AS years ago, if I had found a rheumy earlier than 2011.
M
New_Member
New_Member
M
I just msde them too with 1/3 cup of finely ground coconut flour. Very tasty but they did not spread out...i am going to make another batch with even less flour and see what happens.

naj Offline
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Thanks so much!

Kiwi Offline OP
OP Offline
OK I just made a new batch with 1/3 cup coconut flour and they turned out great. The batter was runny like it's meant to be.

I cooked them for 17 mins until they were quite brown round the edges. Really crunchy yay!

Chelsea smile

[Linked Image]
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Now I want cookies again. tongue4

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!