Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 324 of 566 1 2 322 323 324 325 326 565 566
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: Orch
Today ran 4 miles in 40:35 minutes.  I ran the same route as Tuesday, but today I had the GPS on my wrist.  I did go a little further down the trail today.

Good job! Maybe orienteering is in your future? cheerleader

Originally Posted By: fergus

The reason I haven´t been here is that I am trying to keep away from the computer. I want to see if I can waste my time elsewhere. When I turn on the PC I always seem to spend alot of time to do very little.

Good swimming! Good job redirecting your down time! cheerleader

Originally Posted By: WendyR
Walked for just over an hour on Monday (was away at a workshop with my management team)

Good job combining work and exercise! cheerleader

Originally Posted By: Donette
its a Christmas miracle!! I finally exercised again yesterday! Not because I felt better or anything, just trying to "fake it 'till you make it" 

I
Exactly right! Just keep going! Woot! cheerleader

Yesterday I swam 1,000 yds.

Today I ironed shirts and watched TV.  

(It's kind of a gross reason, but I switched from codeine back to oxycodone for breakthrough pain yesterday. So... No more constipation! ) blush

Tomorrow - back to the pool! AND... My MD said I can start walking and stretching again. I'm having dreams of hiking. Sigh...

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

YEY!!! I went walking today and after I got home I realised I'd stopped limping!! It was only for a while but it did feel better smile me and some friends went Boldering and Caving (well I walked around with them and took pictures of THEM Boldering haha). I think the walking for a short time and then resting a good while was the key...I think I'd been pushing myself too hard too long and that's why I thought walking wasn't working for me. So I'm in a good mood today smile just thought I'd share my happy discovery!!! Sitting in the car on the way home was agony but still.
Really loving how supportive everyone is on here. You really are all amazing and so inspiring. Thank you xxx

That which does not kill us makes us stronger
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Ok I did 2000 metres in the pool today. It was really nice.
Sorry Erica I don´t want to gloat but I am up at 7am tomorrow Sunday to go for a hike with group that I would like to be a part of... Normally they go on Saturday and I work Saturday morning so I can´t. But tomorrow I can yippee. Lets hope it goes ok, I will keep you informed.

Moomoo, one trick that works for me (not everybody) is that when it hurts, don´t do it. The pain becomes worse. The good thing is that at a later date the less I forced it the more I can do when I am not in pain and then the crazy thing is that the more I exercise my body when I am not in pain the less frequent are the returns to pain. At the moment (fingers crossed) I am going through a good patch.

Thanks for the advice Fergus!! I need all the tips I can get smile

That which does not kill us makes us stronger
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
finally went for a real walk yesterday, first time in over a week.

it was cold enough that i should have worn my boots, toesies got a bit cold, but the cold was invigorating, finally made it down into the 20s, and we have a bit of snow snowflake1 on the ground, so finally starting to feel like the christmas season, yay! :tree: santa :tree:

walked 1.75 miles, 40 minutes, with hubby, down the road, then through the golf course. having two golf courses right near by is nice this time of year, great "park-like" atmosphere to walk through; without the threat of little flying white objects hitting one in the head! crazy

Last edited by Sue22; 12/11/11 02:02 PM.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Saturday's run 0 miles 0 minutes. I had good intensions but slept to late. I had a Christmas breakfast to attend. Thought I would run after, but then it took longer to put up the rest of th Christmas lights. Then we were going to Salt Lake to see a Christmas carol. No running, did a lot of Christmas things.

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: Orch
Saturday's run 0 miles 0 minutes.  I had good intensions but slept to late.... did a lot of Christmas things.
Sounds restful and nice. I'd love to see SLC during Xmas. I bet it's gorgeous! 

Originally Posted By: Sue22
finally went for a real walk - "park-like" atmosphere to walk through; without the threat of little flying white objects hitting one in the head!   crazy  
I had a Caddy Shack visualization for a moment. Sounds nice AND safe. 

Originally Posted By: fergus

Sorry Erica I don´t want to gloat but I am up at 7am tomorrow Sunday to go for a hike with group that I would like to be a part of... Normally they go on Saturday and I work Saturday morning so I can´t. But tomorrow I can yippee. Lets hope it goes ok, I will keep you informed.

Gloat away! I'm so happy for you smile An accomplishment for one of us counts for all of us! 

Originally Posted By: Hayleymoomoo
. I think the walking for a short time and then resting a good while was the key...I think I'd been pushing myself too hard too long and that's why I thought walking wasn't working for me. So I'm in a good mood today smile just thought I'd share my happy discovery!!! .
Pictures of caving and bouldering please? That sounds so fun!

I can't make the icons work with my iPod. Oh well...

Yesterday I swam 1,000 yds, and today I swam 600 yds. For some reason I just felt tired and sore, so I told Fergus' advice and knocked it off!

This evening was a TCF sponsored worldwide candle lighting for all families who have lost children, and I got to thinking that everyone is someone's child. For some reason that gave me great solace and hope as I was lighting my candle.

Tomorrow is my last day at the old food bank location. After that I'll be just a mile walk away!

Happy Holidays TEAM!

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

L
Lon Offline
L
Hi,
continued walking for one mile
range of motion 3 times a week
party at our house, lots of cleaning and time on my feet

moved more snow / ice. feels good but always sore after

On the floor with my 9 month grand d. such a blessing. we roll and laugh!!! but the next day is miserable..

you guys are great.. keep up the exercise!

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: EricaK
Sounds restful and nice. I'd love to see SLC during Xmas. I bet it's gorgeous! 

Head up we will show you around.

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Today's run 4.04 miles time: 41:50 minutes. It snowed here last night, and in the spots where snow was on the trail, I walked.

Page 324 of 566 1 2 322 323 324 325 326 565 566

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM