Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
P
Hey everyone, I did a search and I see that no one has brought this up yet! Let me be clear and say that I don't work for or have any interest in selling this stuff. I have AS and its helped me greatly. I just want to spread the joy to you guys smile

There is a tea like drink called Yerba Mate that is made form the leaves of these massive trees in Brazil and surrounding countries. This is an amazing anti inflammatory drink that I rely on every single day to help get rid of that morning stiffness of AS.

This drink is great because it helps you to get rid of flareups faster. With AS, I feel my flareups come on from things that I eat or drink. Every morning I don't eat anything, and I immediately go to this nutrient packed tea. Without any food to block how much and how fast your body absorbs, you can really feel the effects stronger and faster. The funny thing is, is that I don't even feel hungry either! Its got a lot of vitamins and nutrients that your body craves.

Whats amazing is that this drink actually relaxes you and energizes you at the same time. It contains caffeine, but it contains less than coffee so you don't feel all jittery. Its a well known weight loss aid. It helps concentration ( this drink literally carried me though college.. Its like I didn't even crave a break when doing my work). And one of the most important qualities is its mood lifting properties. Living with AS has been very stressful, and this drink helps to take the edge off as much as possible.

I have been drinking it for years, and its one of the biggest reasons I was able to get through college while battling the effects of AS. The bottom line is, is that it helps me function daily, and it will probably help you too!

Here is a link to the brand that I used to drink, which has a lot of testimonials up to the various things it helps with. http://www.nativayerbamate.com/testimonials.html

I have recently tried a brand called Rosamonte now, and Its my new favorite because its got a different/ smokey flavor and its stronger. Both brands are great, but Nativa is probably the better one for someone new to the drink. Nativa offers a mild version, but it didn't help my AS as much.

They carry this drink in the grocery stores, but its often of worse quality and mixed with other stuff in it. Pure is the best way in my opinion.

Has anyone else already tried it? Does it help you? Please let me know how it works for you. I'm curious because I have AS, but I don't have the HLA b27 gene. So maybe it works different on me than you. For me, my normal waking pain is about a 6, and drinking this can get it lowered to a 3 or 4 on most days.

Quote:
The bottom line is, is that it helps me function daily, and it will probably help you too!

As we are all wired differently, one cannot say that a particular medicine/alternative therapy/herbal solution will help others.
I'm glad it is helping you though!

Timo
Master_AS_Kicker
Master_AS_Kicker
Sounds interesting. It's been mentioned in some other posts: search on "yerba."

AS symptoms started 1991. Official dx in 2006 with HLA-B27+, fused SIJ, bone spurs in back, extreme rib/hip pain, and other family with SpA. Started Enbrel in 2006 with good results, but stopped in 2010 due to nerve damage (MS) from it. Getting good results with no-starch diet since 2011.
P
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
P
Yeah I agree that everyone is different, and that it might not work as well for some as it does for me. It is not some wonder drug miracle or anything for me, it just helps enough to reduce some of the inflammation slightly, but more importantly, it gives me a feeling like a weak painkiller behind the eyes. So between those two minor effects together, it significantly helps me out and I felt it was worth mentioning.

Active_Member
Active_Member
Any brand name stores that sell this stuff or just online ?

L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
Timo,
have you had time to research, you have been my trusted source for so long..
I do appreciate everyone who posts with info about getting healthy

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 113 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM