Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#439201 04/11/11 09:38 PM
Lieutenant_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Lieutenant_AS_Kicker
Oh my gosh I feel like the dairy maid in the illustrated nursery rhyme book, you know the poor girl with the yoke across her shoulders, carrying two huge pails of milk, looking bent-over and exhausted. I'm not sure if this is related to the Indomethacin 75mg I took a couple of hours ago (he said it could cause drowsiness) or if this is part of my new overpowering whopping massive fatigue issues. At the moment i could fall asleep standing up, even though I want SO BAD to be out in my garden, it's a beautiful day finally. grrrr lol

see? I just fell asleep right here and woke up with my ear on my shoulder. lol

hugs
Bridget

"Laughter is the shortest distance between two people." -Victor Borge
Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Are you sure it's the indocin? Man. Your reaction sound like what happened to me when I tried cymbalta. Got a dent in my forehead from the keyboard that lasted a while.

Indocin really messed up my stomach. But other than that no side effects.

Hope someone else can help answer this for you.

~ Holly
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Never had that reaction myself... dunno

I took it on & off for years in my 20s and my gut survived somehow... I did change to Indomethacin suppositories when they came available... it was certainly a very effective med for my aches and pains - I could take it every few days and survive!

Louise

Happy to be a physio by day, not happy to be a Spondy 24/7! wink3
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Oh God, I hated that stuff when I used to take it. It totally made me feel like I just drank a 6-pack of PBR.

I took some once and was convinced that my pulse had stopped. Kept asking my wife to check my pulse because I was pretty sure it "wasn't there". Seriously. I was ARGUING with her that I didn't have a pulse. Wish she would have video taped me trying to convince her of that...

But yes, I did have lots of bad reactions to that stuff. Probably one of the only reasons I pursued the NSD with such vigor- I just don't do well on drugs at all. Shred my guts, make me tired, and make me a little whacky in the melon.

Get busy living! www.sickopportunity.com
Bob Connors

Me and my girls
Lieutenant_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Lieutenant_AS_Kicker
Hmm. I'm not sure whether it's the Indocin (BTW, is 75mg BID a moderate dose? Small? Big?) but I just woke up on my walker in the driveway . . . yup, I'm a REAL go-getter!! lol.
Don't know why someone would prescribe a gut-shredder med when i told him I have diarrhea with blood in it lately (possibly from the Cymbalta, which i've cut down from 60 to 30, seems to help). I has seemed to help a ton with pain . . . SOMETIMES. Today I feel like I've been stomped by elephants, despite. But the other day it helped hugely. I've been sporadic in taking it because A) I'm on SOOOOO many meds I try to lomit my intake when I can, and B) he said TAKE WITH FOOD and i don't eat so well. And I don't want to deal with any more gut symptoms, I'm just not in the mood right now. juswt fell asleep again. grrrrrrrr

"Laughter is the shortest distance between two people." -Victor Borge
Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Sergeant_AS_Kicker
You awake?!!! Hope the zombie phase as I call it passes soon.

~ Holly
A
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
A
I didn't think it could affect anyone that way, it is just a NSAID. I hope that the sleepiness goes away with time.

Donna
Cherish your yesterdays,
Dream your tomorrows,
But live your todays.
Do the very best you can
leave the rest to God.
God Bless,
C
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
C
When I took it, it just made me really constipated and crampy. But not tired. But I think that can be a side effect of any NSAID, right? I just looked at the old bottle I still have and it was 75mg too, so that is prob. a normal dose. It seems like I have read that a few others have had stomach problems with Indocin, so just be on the lookout if you continue to take it.

I have been through a bunch of NSAIDs, right now, Diclofenac seems to work a little bit for pain, and doesn't mess up my belly. Good luck.

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
haven't taken that one, but celebrex made me a space cadet and mobic made me sleepy, fatigued, like walking through molasses. that side effect from mobic did become less as i took it longer. but since it wasn't doing much for inflammation, it was on to the next nsaid.

from what my doctors have told me, maybe not as common a side effect as GI distress or fluid retention, but still normal side effect of (some) nsaids.

i never did find an nsaid that both worked and didn't give side effects.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
ironchef
ironchef
bg, aloha

indocin can kill you...please ask your pharmacist to print out full drug info sheet.

with all the things you have going on, this indocin is one of the worst of the verybad old Nsaids...works for some, but high risk way to try to live. it can cause depression, associated with suicide, can cause spontaneous, catastrophic gi system collapse...and other stuff ya don't want.
best
aB

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 39 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis
by Missalicia - 05/25/22 05:38 AM
New recipe website from Janneke