Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#435439 03/12/11 07:28 PM
ironchef
OP Offline
ironchef
you guys have heard me mention/ write about a band of musician friends called Jefferson Starship...

hot off the 'firm/hold' list new yesterday

look to a tour with other veterans of the first woodstock nation and JEFFERSON STARSHIP coming to your town soon.
edmonton AB...aug 12
nelson, BC....aug 13

venues to be announced; tickets not yet on sale.
these guys rock, they haven't forgotten this is music to dance to. they are loud. they are bad(good), profane, nasty.

this is your chance...tell 'em i sent ya. enjoy

Wow Ben - time for you to visit us in BC...

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
J
Veteran_AS_Kicker
Veteran_AS_Kicker
J
I have a bunch of family in Nelson BC. Such a beautiful town. Too bad my holidays are the week before.

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit."
Albert Schweitzer
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Ben,
My sisters husband is Martin Salloum, he is the Canadian drummer for the band Jefferson Starship. So exciting.......I love their music. Of course we are from Edmonton and I will surely be at that concert.

Sherri

Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
As a matter of fact I just found out Marty is leaving for San Fransisco on thursday.....Jefferson Starship has two sold out gigs and it's Paul's Birthday.....and here I thought he was only playing with them when they were in Canada.

Sherri

ironchef
OP Offline
ironchef
um...

marty is flying to cal for paul's birthday celebration.
he is no longer a regular member of the band he's 69 now; has some family obligations in florida and gently i'd phrase it...he does not always show up.

they still do miracles and count on me, but cathy sings 'em; and they've kinda morfed miracles in a peppier arrangement. you don't just hold on to someone and make out, you can dance to it.
enjoy the shows, all.

Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Marty is flying in to do two sold out shows.....probably party for Pauls Birtday too....I am sure this wont be the first BD party Paul has missed. I am sure the shows will be great!!

Sherri

ironchef
OP Offline
ironchef
in 46 years Paul has missed two shows...he had the flu and could not sing and he had a strained back at one time- missed one show then.

i spoke quite strongly with him about the back thing that hung on for six, seven months...he is all better now, lost some weight, looks great...almost, dare i say, agile again.

i saw the boys and cathy back in february- first time out for me in several years, Paul found me in the dressing room as he was going thru his bags of stuff and gear upon arrival called me by name and said long time no see...he's mercurial and yet sometimes/often a very nice and gentle man...we've had many, many conversations over the years; i've catered for the band and traveled with the tour party in europe back in 05...every guy in the band was so glad to see me, lot of catching up.

i do love their music, things are very special when marty shows up...they say he's welcome anytime. if you get marty in canada you are in for a treat his voice is strong and adding his songs makes better setlists too, david frieberg (marty's replacement in jefferson airplane in 72) and 'co-founder' with cros and paul of the concept of jefferson starship is with the band full time and brings in those quicksilver messenger songs as well.

i'm hoping to catch 'em in connecticut again in july.

have fun, enjoy...go to see them.

Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Yes I will definately go see them when they are here. Just came across a pic in the paper of Marty playing with them last summer.... Can't wait!!

Sherri

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 41 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis
by Missalicia - 05/25/22 05:38 AM
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,180,076 hmmm