Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 205 of 566 1 2 203 204 205 206 207 565 566
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
hi lillibelle, welcome to the team! smile

the rules are extremely lax here, its much more about just doing, moving, whatever you can, however much you can.

just post distances and/or times and tink(erbell), our wonderful scorekeeper with fancy spreadsheets will keep track of it all. hats off to her for volunteering for that task! heart

start from where ever you want, it will be figured out.

this thread has been a great motivator for getting me out and walking on the days that i can do so.

can't wait til warmer weather, so i can change it up with a bike ride. biking seems kinder to my SI than just about anything. smile

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
L
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Thank you Sue,

(and thank you Tinkerbell for keeping track for us)

If we can count Feb too, I made it for 5 more hours for a total of 7 hrs in the pool to date. Wow, I didn't realize just how many times I didn't make it to class! Oh well, I'm still way stronger & more flexible than I was when I started 5 yrs ago. Back then I couldn't get out of a chair without arms or off the couch without help. Now I can pull my knees up to my chest & even cross my legs-just for a second, can't sit like that=no short skirts smile LOL!

Uh-oh, I'm fading fast, need to lay down. Nap time.

Lillibelle smile
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Quote:
start from where ever you want, it will be figured out

Thanks for your fantastic vote of confidence, Sue! roll

Expect a stats update very soon!

I love totalling up everyone's hard work - just wish I could spend more time on here in general - life seems so busy for me lately!

Keep moving everyone! Keep up the good work!

Hope you are back on the mend Sue heart

KickAS and help others do the same!
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Hi Lillibelle

I will definitely count your 5 hours for Feb - were the other 2 hours today, hon?

Usually I go by the date the exercise is posted on here, because it keeps things much simpler! i.e. the last post on the last day of the month is where I close the months stats and then begin the next month on the 1st (even if someone posts on the 1st that they did exercise the previous day) if that makes sense!

We are most certainly not going to lose your precious 5 hours though! Just keep on posting what you do, hon grin

Great to have you in the team! cheerleader

Do you do a water aerobics class? I used to go to one in an outdoor pool (in the summer!) and I loved it!

Take care, Tink rainbow

KickAS and help others do the same!
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Welcome Lillibelle! cheerleader

Today I swam 1,000 yds at the Flagstaff, AZ Aquaplex. It's only a 50" lap pool, so there were 60 turns instead of my usual 40. Uff. ohwell

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

thanks tink smile

much better today, thanks, after the chiro, just one muscle still in spasm, so still have to spend the day in the recliner on ice, but it does feel like whatever was wrong is better now. i can move now without severe pain. thus seem to be "on the mend".......

can't wait to go out and walk; i always seem to appreciate the ability to do so after a week of not being able to do so smile

sue

Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
chiro
walk, bike
L
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Thank you EricaK, I'm glad I finally found the 'swim team' thread and so happy to be a part of the team! clap

Sue, I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better! I was concerned about you after reading your recent posts. hugss

Tink, I am so glad it's not up to me to keep track of the hours! I mis-counted or my math was wrong doh (uummm, I was in alot of pain and very tired when I posted...and I'm that way again now), so please just count the 5 hours. grin

We are in a medically supervised independent class. Our pool is in the basement of the medical building I used to work in. From our class, you either move up or leave. Some people work mostly in the shallow end, but I'm so lame these days I do all of my work in the deep end. alien Then there are days when I don't do anything but float and try to get some of the kinks relaxed.

If nothing else, we act like a little support group for each other as we are all in similar pain and physical conditions. The dx's include AS, RA, MS, arthritis, spinal stenosis and Parkinsons. Hmmm, there are only 7 people in our class, I wonder who I missed? laugh2 The more fit classes seem to have more people since they all work together at the same time.

I'm off to bed now (again), I have to hold my bed down or it might try to escape, so I'm in it alot! wink

Lillibelle smile
ha ha, that's funny about your bed! laugh2

talk to erica, that's how she started swimming, now she does laps.

sue

chiro
walk, bike
Last Wed good working with my wonderful physio guy. 30 mins excellent exercises. Had a few spasms - pretty painful SI ones - but recovered OK. New set of exercises to keep me going at home.

Wish I could go work with him twice a week...

Gooooooooooo Team

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Hi lillibelle! Welcome to this moving bunch of AS-Kickers. We do anything and everything that keeps us moving...the categories are endless. I'm lucky to have an employer who encourages walking for health. So, with my friends we take a morning and afternoon walk. Then on the weekend I get in bicycle rides or yard work.

Thursday: walk 4 miles (80 minutes)
Friday: walk 4 miles (80 minutes)

John
Page 205 of 566 1 2 203 204 205 206 207 565 566

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 88 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM