Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Inanna Offline OP
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
This isn't strictly AS related, but it may affect some KAers' ability to be here as much as they need or want to be....

The CRTC just decided to allow the telecom companies to charge per byte on internet useage. There goes unlimited internet!!!

Stop the Meter

The above link is to a petition that a friend of mine sent me.

Just FYI. Not saying what you should do either way.

Love and hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Bronze_AS_Kicker
Bronze_AS_Kicker
They must be flipping nuts! frown

- Carpal Tunnel in BOTH hands
- Depression (MDD) Major Depressive Disorder
- Pituitary Adenoma
- Scoliosis
- Spinal Arthritis with bone spurs on spine
- Multiple Scoliosis diagnosed
- Herniating spinal disc
- HLAB27+
- Final diagnosis: Mild lumbar spondylosis

Previously told Mechanical Back 'Issues'. Hate this term!
Presidential_AS_Kicker
Presidential_AS_Kicker
Hi Kat,
Whoah!!!

In my opinion, I think lots of sites owners (and users) are going to complain alot about this if it ever happens to them. It already costs lots of money for hosting sites and files. I hope it never happens to anyone in any country.

I don't live in Canada so this doesn't effect me, but if it did effect me one day...

I would make sure I increase my browser's cache size to the largest allowable size, so I'm not charged for websites, images, and movies that I have previously seen. I would also instruct my browser not to NOT clear my browser cache every time I exit the browser (unlike how I have it set up now). I say why pay for it again if you paid for it the first time?

I would also block third party images (if possible) and cookies (aka offsite images and cookies), and use an effective adblocker to save even more money.

Take care,
James

HLA-B27+, JRA diagnosis in 1981, re-diagnosed as AS in 1988. Also iritis, colitis, and psoriasis. NSD + low carb helps me. My health makes it hard for me to post in a timely way.
Great. Not only do we have some of the highest cell phone plan rates in the world, we're also going to have the highest costs for internet too. mad

unbelievable! and scary! eek2

if it happens there, nothing to stop it happening anywhere!

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Inanna Offline OP
OP Offline
Guys, that's why I posted this. Canucks need to be aware of this potential and let the CRTC know that this is not acceptable. It was broadcast on the CBC, by the way, but I've seen nothing about it on CTV or in the paper.

The petition in the link goes, I believe, to Tony Clement, which means that he'll do nothing. I signed it anyway. But direct contact with the CRTC is probably the way to go. I was so proud of the citizens of British Columbia standing together on the HST and forcing the government to back down. Now all Canadians (if this means anything to them) need to do the same thing.

But that's my opinion.

Warm hugs,

Kat

"Strictly Ballroom"

J
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
J
I'm not surprised. The FCC recently revised their guidelines to allow charging per MB in the States. It was in the news about a month ago.

I've been wondering how long it'll be before one of the major ISPs tries to revise their pricing.

Last edited by JeffreyS; 02/01/11 03:25 PM.
C
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
C
I feel for all you canadians. I've got the same kind of limit on my plan in the UK, and I managed to exceed it the first month so extra charges. Haven't a clue where I am at with it this month. I also haven't managed to figure out what constitutes "downloads" and which of the things I do on the computer actually use up my limits. My problem is BT - British Telecom - I got locked into an 18 month contract before I can swap providers. So much for choice here. You don't get a choice when you first get your phone line connected because where I live BT is the only one who can install lines. I could get unlimited but the unlimited package costs about twice as much. Like you, I just don't know how they get away with putting limits on now. Its like international calling - I don't get how it is any more expensive in reality to local calls and yet they can charge the earth for it.

Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
That would be really bad in this house. There are often three computers connected to the internet at the same time. I guess if that happens here we can drive around and look for unsecure wireless.

It's just lust for tax income.

John
Inanna Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, we'll see what happens. It might be that our erstwhile government is actually listening to the majority of Canadians for once ...

Toronto Star Article

Of course, this is what they say today. We'll see what happens in reality.

Warm hugs,

Kat

"Strictly Ballroom"

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 64 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM