Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 186 of 566 1 2 184 185 186 187 188 565 566
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Tuesday: walk 4 miles (80 minutes) and 30 minutes neck stretch
Wednesday: walk 2 miles (40 minutes)

Take care Tink...get well!

John
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: Sue22
...too much sitting is pure evil, too much stationary standing almost as evil, but moving around, feel like that's what our bodies were designed to do...
This is so true. Last month when I was at home on vacation between Christmas and New Years I spent a LOT of time at home on the computer in the chair doing some crazy thing. I have a chair with little wheels on it. I was rolling back and forth just to keep moving. My son was sitting at another computer next to me and was asking, "why do you keep going back and forth?" I told him it made my body feel better. He didn't get it...I hope he never does.

John
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
here's an article that i found (and shared with my metabolism class) about why sitting all day is so evil - has to do with both metabolism (metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance / diabetes) and musculoskeletal issues especially to the spine.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39523298/ns/health-mens_health/?GT1=43001

sorry the formatting of this article is now so awful but if you scroll down, its all there, was better when it first came out.

think the effects to the musculoskeletal system especially the spine is even worse for us!

and yes, hope your son never understands!

but this is why i have my swopper chair, just a fancy name for a bouncy stool on a spring with 360 degrees of rotation freedom plus bounce up and down, yet really feels stable at the same time. its the best investment i've made thus far. liked the one i bought for work (through my overhead money) that i bought one for home out of pocket. $600 seems like a lot, but it completely changed my life for the better and you can't put a pricetag on that!

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Hi everyone

Thursday 27 January
Walked 0.5 miles / 20 minutes

I am back in the game!

KickAS and help others do the same!
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Tuesday stats: Womens SD Km: 60 min
Wednesday stats: KM CB: 60 min

Good afternoon everyone,
Bug is back. Sick but back. 2 out of 3 buggies have congestions, cough, sore throat. sick and I have a sore throat and earache now. frown Trying to get my Gianna up and hopping around. t-3 days till her 17th birthday. heart

I've been thinking of you Erika as well...my love and prayers go out to you. hug

Also good to see you posting Tink! And all my pals here! yes

We have new pups in the home! Drove past military drive last week and made a uturn around! This lady and her daughters were selling retriever mix pups! I found one for my momma. She lost Viva after 16 1/2 yrs of loyalty. no She was a great loyal family pet and will be dearly missed. I saw a creamy pup and thought of my momma. She was perfect! I couldnt believe it when my mom saw her. Heart melted and she squealed! My mom never squeals..lol. She's iron clad! Lol. But she's happy --her name is Candy. Gianna wanted a pup for sometime as well. I didnt think she'd take it serious enough. Then watching her with Candy made me re-think. So we found the lady and got Gianna a black pup. They are sisters --neighbors too now! Bubba our boxer is in female overload shock! laugh2 They are hilarious to watch. They are huge pups at 5 1/2 weeks. they look like bears. Beautiful coats and the chunkiest things. We named the black one "Chunk" or in least Gianna did. They have bonded very well. hugss

I'm having to work on her papertraining and housebreaking during the day. She's doing quite well. So is her sister Candy who lives with my mom in her house in the back. hugss

Seeing my mom filled with joy after a difficult past year of losing her mum-my gramma, and her sister, then beautiful Viva. It was well worth it. Seeing her happy and my teen happy is the best gift of all a daughter and mom could ask for. hug

Goooo team!! heart

Hi ya Bugs - sorry about the cold virus, but the poppies....woo-hoooo Terrific. Puppies are great fun, all that teacing...and then follows the serius training. Love it.

So, congrats to y'all for finding pups, and to pups for having great homes. Huzzah. (Was NO coincidence or accident, was *meant to be. See! (((HIGS))) )

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Yea - Well done Tink. Great to see ya back on board again. So, dble bonus, you are over the wretched lurgy virus!

Onwards and upwards, yes?

Am driving cones nxt week then the week after will drive out in tandem, with another learner driver, we'll be going all over the parkland of the equine centre, each wth our own 'groom' in attendance, beside us. Should be fun. All I'll be wanting next, is a decent gun dog to sit on the duck board...haha

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Spent 33 minutes on the elliptical today 3.62 miles

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
L
Lon Offline
L
Today
I shoveled snow and ice for a total of 70 minutes. It was on three different occasions. When my back gets tight, or I am out of breath I walk away.. sunny day about 35 degrees. More snow coming by Sunday!??
These snow shovels do not fit my hand like they used too..

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Good job brother Lon!! I dont think I could shovel snow if my life depended on it. Okay I would in least try. lol. But thats some serious exercise there my friend!! rainbow

Thurs stats: KM I: 60 min

I am a tired bug. Happy but tired. sleep1
I met up with a lady that goes to the womens self defense km class. Lots of ground work. Learning how to stand up while foot is up in defense mode without doing the traditional hands in front of you on the ground to stand up. My right knee is jelly since last week so it took me awhile. But it was very important, so I tried my best. Our instructors were a 2nd degree black belt and a brown belt in KM. eek2 But they are great guys and are very effective in their training techniques.

In the end it was ground work with knee up and having to do wrist releases from one partner trying to grab at your wrists. then another yelling hey at you then going at you with a kidney back you had to kick while on ground...then having to do the proper stand up and pummel off and kick another attacker with a kidney bag. whew! sick

It's almost Fry-day so I'm a happy camper! i feel much better about some of the moves each week. I just need to find a partner to test with in 2 months God willing. i am checking off what we are learning in our training booklet I bought.

Its funny watching a turtle bug rotate around the floor and attempt to get up properly. Ha! I am a force to be reckoned with ..a shuffling force!! laugh2 laugh2

Gooo team!! clap

Page 186 of 566 1 2 184 185 186 187 188 565 566

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 113 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM