Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#415822 10/14/10 03:04 AM
Kiwi Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Everyone, sorry I've not been around much. I hope you all are battling on as best as possible.

I have had my hands full with little Connor. It's been pretty rough as he has acid reflux so he doesn't sleep very well and cries alot. I've been exhausted!

But things are slowly getting better. Here are a few pics taken last week. He's nearly 12 weeks old now.

Last edited by Kiwi; 10/14/10 03:14 AM.

Chelsea smile

[Linked Image]
Kiwi #415827 10/14/10 04:07 AM
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Aw Chelsea - what a cute little munchkin you have there!

My DD had dreadful reflux till 14 months. She could have won gold at the Olympics if screaming and puking were competitive events! cheerleader

I feel for you ((( )))

I hope you have him on Propulsid or something similar, and my biggest piece of advice would be to always wear patterned clothes: never anything plain or dark!

I ended up with little piles of cloth nappies spaced about every 2 m around the house - I swear I used more nappies for her top end than her rear end!

Being a girl after a boy, she had all these beautiful clothes, but all anybody ever saw of her was the BIG bibs!!!

You probably don't need to know this, but when she started to crawl and eat solids it became *very interesting*... Luckily, Big Brother was the watchdog, and he would yell out "Muuuuum, Ella's done a chunder!" so that I could go and clean it before she played in it and painted with it... Aaaah - the hidden joys of parenthood, huh???

Hang in there - the screaming usually settles by 4-6 months (and faster with medication).

Louise

Happy to be a physio by day, not happy to be a Spondy 24/7! wink3
Aww sweetie! He is adorable!! Makes me want another one! None of my boys had acid reflux but I did (as an adult) so I think subconciously I kept them raised up anyway. I know there are a few studies saying that this is a bad thing, but if you get some quiet time, it isnt bad in my opinion... But I always let my babies sleep in the infant carseat in my room for the first 4-5 months. I put a blanket over the straps, and a blanket under the front of the seat to prop it back a little. Put baby in it and then tucked a few blankets around them. They slept for hours that way. I dont know if that might help. Or in the swing. I also coslept and nursed so that made things a lot easier.
Good luck though. It is rough but it always bets better. Enjoy it while you can, they grow way too fast!!

~Sara~
Kiwi #415851 10/14/10 10:34 AM
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Hey Chelsea
So nice to hear from you, hon!
Little Conor is totally gorgeous!
You don't look like a tired new Mum to me! You look fantastic! I looked liked I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards crossed with night of the living dead!!!
My first baby was a sharp shock into the world of parenting too! I really feel for you.
Hang on in there hugss

KickAS and help others do the same!
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Quote:
Hang in there - the screaming usually settles by 4-6 months (and faster with medication).

Is the medication for the baby or the parent? laugh2

KickAS and help others do the same!
Kiwi #415863 10/14/10 11:34 AM
S
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
S
Well done Chelsea. You are doing well to find time for a post! Those early weeks/months are still a blur to me. But Connor is lovely. Look after you too!
Felicity

Kiwi #415879 10/14/10 03:17 PM
Copper_AS_Kicker
Copper_AS_Kicker
12 weeks already! You look good, in spite of sleep deprivation. Things will continue to get better. For nearly every infant issue, the maxim "This too shall pass." was my mantra.

Take Care

Micki
Mom to 9
Dx'ed Ocular Herpes, Sept. '08
Dx'ed AS May '09, suffering on and off since 1979
Dx'ed Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma May '08, relapse Oct '11
Kiwi #415917 10/14/10 09:45 PM
M
mig Offline
M
Wow Chelsea - you look so beautiful and Connor is such an adorable looking little guy!! These are terrific photos, thank you for sharing them.

So sorry the little one has acid reflux, that must be so uncomfortable for him, the poor little guy. Glad that things are slowing getting better and hope you'll both start getting more regular sleep soon.

Gosh he is just so cute! smile

Hugs!!
mig

Kiwi Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Louise hugss

Yeah, we have Connor on Losec (Omeprazole) for the reflux. Doesn't stop the spewing but is meant to reduce the pain when he does spew. I also had him on infant gaviscon which did reduce the spilling but was a mission to get it into him so once we got him on Losec I gave up the gaviscon.

Often I discover long after he is asleep that I still have the nappy over my shoulder haha! My newest fashion accessory.

Chelsea smile

[Linked Image]
Kiwi Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Sara,

Connor's little bassinette is on such a steep angle it looks quite funny but it does help.

He does like the carseat too - probably likes that slightly curled position smile

A few weeks ago I bought one of those Fisher Price Cradle Swings second hand. Best money I ever spent as sometimes its the only way he will sleep. The little seat reclines and he loves the swinging motion. I usually put him in it at about 4 or 5am when I'm exhausted and he will conk out for a couple of hours. Or else I put him on my chest and prop myself up in bed...that's his favourite but I don't sleep well that way.

Chelsea smile

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!