Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#410295 08/30/10 03:14 PM
V
ValsMum Offline OP
Steel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
I would like to start antibiotics as soon as possible. Are there any that don't stain teeth?
Are there any that have a rating of "A" or "B", in terms of if a mother gets pregnant while on antibiotics?
How long do they stay in your system after you stop taking them?

I appreciate any advice:)
Not planning on a pregnancy,
I just like to be cautious.
Thank you!!

Diet change has improved my RA. I feel best eating raw veggies and some fruits and avoiding grains, sugars, nightshades, beans and dairy. Sed rate dropped from 65 to 19, but it took over a year.
www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

excess fat/oils = pain for me
recipes for raw food on Youtube "raw food romance"
and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise
ValsMum #410346 08/31/10 01:23 AM
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
hi!

don't know a lot but will try to answer at least some of this:

1. i'm pretty sure its just tetracycline (and chemically / structurally similar antibiotics that do this), remember my cousin who had a bad heart had to be on it from the time she was a baby, remember her teeth being grayish.

so i did a little googling to see if i was right and yes, it does look like its just tetracycline family of drugs.

also, it says it stains the dentin and enamel (inside of the teeth) as they form, so maybe its only a problem is one takes them as a child as my cousin did when the teeth are forming?

2. how long do they stay in the body. my first gut reaction was "not very long" / "just a few days", but i googled that too and looks like no more than a week or so at the most from what i read. some would be even shorter than that, depending on how they are metabolized, but really doesn't look like its very long for any of them.

as for those safe for pregnancy, that would take more research or knowledge, so i'll let someone else handle that part of the question.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Sue22 #410384 08/31/10 06:35 AM
B
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
B
Hey, my doc told me if I got prego,she would pull me off antibiotics.She said it was ok to get pregnant while on them, but must get off when pregnant.I think the staining is later on in pregnancy.

Off antibiotics and now exploring mindbody healing.
V
ValsMum Offline OP
Steel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
Thank you, I found some info at drspock.com and it read that they only stay in the system for 5 days and if you discontinue during first trimester, baby should be fine:)

Here's day 2 with minocycline.

Diet change has improved my RA. I feel best eating raw veggies and some fruits and avoiding grains, sugars, nightshades, beans and dairy. Sed rate dropped from 65 to 19, but it took over a year.
www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

excess fat/oils = pain for me
recipes for raw food on Youtube "raw food romance"
and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!