Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#409821 08/26/10 04:52 AM
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Well had another Infusion today, it went faster I was in and out in 6 hours today.

When the Dr. came in we went over the bloodwork from my last appt. when I hadn't been able to come in for 5 months.

My SED Rate was at 32 which he said normal is up to 30.
CRP was 1.5 which was good it has been a 3 before and he came unglued.
My ANA was 1/640 I think which he said it was high.
For the first time the Rhumatoid Factor popped up positive so I was shocked at that.

He said I could still have AS but he is leaning towards RA or Lupus, we are still going to wait until some more symptoms or tests come out I have nothing but time really..lol

I asked for and got some Flector patches, I have one on and havnet noticed any difference, i change this every 12 hours instead of the Fentanyl every 3 days. Does anyone here have experience with them? I just remembered them on a whim and asked, I have it on my hip/si joint.

I have lost another 2 lbs for a total of 33 pounds now..YAY! a ways to go but Im getting there..lol

I am feeling a little better, Im hoping that after this Infusion I will feel even better.

Ethan has had his cast on for a week..he is a little grumpy but I would be too if I had a cast from the bottom of my toes to my knee on..lol 2 more weeks to go then we will take it off and Xray again.

Hugs,

Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

lisa, hi!

look at my last post of this thread about the flector patch, i just updated it for you.

https://www.kickas.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=409826&#Post409826

as for your bloodwork. interesting how i keep hearing different cutoff values of "normal" for ESR and CRP. i wonder why?

interesting that the doctor isn't sure if its AS or RA or, but is still giving you remicade because its clearly inflammatory arthritis, and you are responding very well to it, which is another validation. i'm so glad you have a doctor that is doing this for you, finally, after so many years!

give the flector patch some time. it took a few days for me to notice a difference and it was weeks or more before my SI joint no longer had that lumpy marbly feeling of inflammation in it. but finally after some time, other than some butt spasms, and a little siatica now and then, its pretty darn good. really, to me its a miracle. the only thing that has ever come close to this were the cortisone injections into the SI. really, that good.

and if you like the patch, my KIP triple nsaid gel that i get from the compounding pharmacy does wonders for my neck. i don't use that every day, but right now, having to lay differently with ice under my upper back, my neck suffers for it, but the KIP gel is making a huge difference there as well. i put it other places as well when i need it, takes the edge off. and its way more powerful than the voltaren gel ever was, that was practically useless in comparison.

glad you are doing better and glad you got your infusion to day to feel even better tomorrow.

and yay on the weight loss, i know how difficult that is! the only way i seem able to lose weight is when the IBS flares and that ain't no diet plan i'd ever endorse! LOL!

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Now I'm curious, would a flector patch work good on hip bursitis? I confess that I've read about them here, but only as far as someone (Sue22) saying they worked. Not really to the extent of 'could I benefit from it?'

Lisa, were the labs from today or from 5 months ago? Either way, the ESR and CRP are going in right direction. ANA and RF...not so sure. What was ANA before?

I was off today for my epidural injection and went to dinner at Stone Mill--filet, baked potato, salad and those wonderful hot rolls. You and I will have to do lunch before I could really get DH involved. Remi infusion is scheduled 9/16. Woohoo.

Poor Ethan. I feel for him. Just finished a month in a cam boot. Broken toe still hurts, but I can wear a shoe now. In another week, if it's not better, I'll head back to doc.

DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis
Meds: MTX since Oct 2009, 15mg/week. Cimzia-restarted after 2 yrs away.
Epidural Steroid Injections x8; Lumbar Radiofreq Ablation x2
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9
Lisa, good news on the ESR and CRP, not so great on the ANA and RF. But there's progress, yes?

Jeepers, I hope it's only AS. If you know what I mean.

Well done on the weight loss!!

And hugs to wee Ethan. It's most disgruntling to have a case, especially in summer.

Warm hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

J
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
J
I use the flector patches too and like them. One tip - if you've got an area that's curved or hard to get it to stick too - try folding in half, lengthwise and scoring it - kinda like when you make snowflakes out of paper in kindegarten! But just make a cut - don't removed any of the patch. It helps.

OP Offline
thanks everyone...haven't really noticed a difference but Im going to do like Sue and give it a few more times. I was kind of sick to my stomach this morning so wondering if that had anything to do with it...really tired today but thats usual

Hugs

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

hope its not the patch bothering your stomach, my stomach is so sensitive and i'm amazed the patch doesn't bother mine.

but i've experimented over the months going without every so often to see if 1) they are needed (they are) and 2) they are causing any side effects (they don't seem to be) but we're all so different so just because i can tolerate them doesn't mean everyone can.

hope you feel better soon hugss

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM