Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Copper_AS_Kicker
Copper_AS_Kicker
S
umm gosh. the white pith of the fresh lemon is starchy :[ you can get some starch just by squeezing the juice of a half.
it IS hard!!!!! but it does get a little easier w/ time.

AS & Fibro. NSD + no sugar
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
I WANT DONUTS AND CHOCOLATE AND A BIG CRUSTY BREAD ROLL WITH BUTTER!
-AND SOME OF THAT PINEAPPLE CAKE SOMEONE MENTIONED EARLIER

Royal_AS_kicker
Royal_AS_kicker
Better this AM. Thanks for your encouragement.

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

S
Copper_AS_Kicker
Copper_AS_Kicker
S
i want pizza... DELIVERY!!!!!

Gold_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Gold_AS_Kicker
I hear you Sunny!
I came home the night before last and my husband and his mate had a great big pizza each that they had only just sat down with! AAAArrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! devil2 devil2 devil2
Managed to resist that one by popping on PC out of smells reach!!!

Then at lunch today my husband made a pizza for kids and accidentally served me up some!!! I had to remove it from my plate and exchange it for some ham and cheese!!! AAAAArrrrrgggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! devil2 devil2 devil2

KickAS and help others do the same!
Gold_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Gold_AS_Kicker
Oh Staffy! what a list!
The bread and butter gets me hankering every time!

Gold_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Gold_AS_Kicker
Confession of the day...

I may have resisted the pizza, but I did have 2 tablespoons of rice with my chicken last night - sorry guys eek

It was not a giving in to temptation thing as such - I thought I would see if that on it's own had any effect on me. I am so desperate to see if I can cope with a very small amount of starch maybe as little as once a week, just to help me with my non-AS symptoms.

So far so good - but I will obviously see if after a few more days any reaction occurs.

I don't know about you guys, but the thought of having to go no starch FOREVER is totally overwhelming to me right now...

I know that might sound selfish, as I am getting a lot of success with the diet as far as my AS is concerned... but it is still one hell of a thing to get your head around.

I have not eaten any starch today and am feeling pretty good.

I hope you guys are feeling OK too hugss

S
Copper_AS_Kicker
Copper_AS_Kicker
S
not selfish tink, dont worry! hope you do well w/ the rice :] sorry about the 'stand off' w/ the pizza too. good for you not giving in!

got a confession..
i had a piece of bubble gum yesterday.. watermelon! there was white dusted on it so the wrapper wouldnt stick. i suspect it was starch though not in ingredients. so i licked it all off and then swished and spit some water a few times. then poured water over the gum.. and then... I CHEWED IT and blew big bubbles and popped it and cracked it!!! what a bad bad girl :]
well today i had a mcdonalds double cheese burger.... uhhhmm minus the bun and everything :] just a tube of ketchup atop. mmmmm naughty but goooooooooood. then i worshed it down w/ sprite. first pop in 3 mos!!!
now im writing and waiting for pain to start. hopefully not but expected.

J
jet
Unregistered
jet
Unregistered
J
pizza is hard to resist. once again last night i had to ride to pizza hut, walk into the shop and pick up an 11 inch super supreme pizza for my wife. i then had to sit and watch her eat it while i sat eating my skin free roasted turkey wings. there was 2 pieces of pizza left after the wife devoured her fix. The dog was going nuts for a piece so i cut a slice up for him - leaving one piece left on the table, i wanted it. I ate all the topping trying to avoid the crust, man it was nice. I looked over at the dog and he done the same, ate all the pizza toppings and left the pizza crust. I couldnt resist to say to my wife well the dog hasnt been educated about good and bad foods - he must just instinctively know its just not worth putting this pizza crust threw his digestive system.

S
Copper_AS_Kicker
Copper_AS_Kicker
S
oh it was painul just reading that jet! i too watch the b/f eaat a personal pan pepperoni from pizza hut yesterday w/ the windows up sitting in the car.. uggghhh! i sat there thinking 'one day... i WILL enjoy that again' but there is some hope til then.. sjlc posted a flax pizza crust recipe in the diet area :]

jet.. love the new sig line! starch gets a big 'f u' from me! actually AS gets an even bigger ' F U'

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM