Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sue22 #402302 07/11/10 05:40 AM
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Amen to that Sue, I'm not a bird person but I have seen things they can do and can see how you could get just as attached to them as any other animal...I call them my fur babies..lol Mookie can be your feather baby..lol they are all just as special!

Hugs,

Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

Hey,

We have buried each of our fur babies under a tree, who cares what the code says...I know when one dies it is a HUGE deal to the kids, we usually have a box, their blankie, toys, collars, all their stuff and by the time we get it all fixed up it looks as if they are in bed asleep, for some reason it has always been a big deal with my kids in the winter thinking they will be cold...seems like a fitting good bye for a pet that has been a loyal family member. We have stones to remember where they are buried, I would love to have a stone with their names inscribed...then we really would probly get in trouble if someone came in the backyard and saw 4 or 5 stones with pets names..lol

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

never occurred to me about codes. not sure if i'd obey or quietly and discretely ignore?

we did bury our first parrot spunky in a shoe box wrapped in a cloth, with a few feathers, a toy or two, and a photo of her in case anyone ever found the box (after we moved from that home). buried it just at the edge of the woods. put a garden stepping stone over the grave. so we knew it was a grave, but no one else would have a clue. very discrete that way.

when i was in my 20s, living in an apartment complex in a wooded setting, had a parakeet die. wrapped him in a cloth, buried him in the ground in the back of a field by the woods. it never really occurred to me back then that the apartment complex might not take kindly to that. of course a parakeet is pretty tiny, thus a pretty small hole. didn't even have tools back then, think i used a kitchen table spoon to dig the hole.

i just think they need a proper goodbye, or maybe that's what i need to say goodbye.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Sorry about Motor hug

Our two precious little two pups, Sam and Gandy are buried about six feet away from where we sleep, outside our window, I really like that we were able to keep them so close.

But with four current dogs, no I think now that Snowball is very close to the Rainbow Bridge (as called by us pet people) I think we are going to have the vet take care of him

Still have hopes that he will go peacefully one of these nights-

Now my Dad on the other hand, true story---

He wanted to be cremated, so that's what we did, and they arranged for delivery of the remains.

And a week or so, we were with my stepmom, in the lobby of their apartment, and the UPS man arrived, and said that she needed to sign for a package. She didn't figure it out at first, said "Package, what package? I didn't order anything, I'm not signing for anything, send it back!"

And I said to her as gently as I could: "That's Bob, you should definitely go ahead and sign for that package...."

That was one strange moment!

We ultimately spread his ashes among the ocean waves on the beach where he grew up, in the middle of February. Not sure if that was even legal to do, but we did it anyway. I think it was something he would have been happy about, that was where he loved to play in the surf when he was a boy.

Dow
Sue22 #402320 07/11/10 06:25 AM
I agree with YOU, and as you can see I never obey and I always ignore...bit of a rebel I am..lol (Mig..shhh!)

Dow #402321 07/11/10 06:29 AM
Dow, all I can say is WOW! just thinking maybe she wasn't thinking or grieving but I have done that if something comes I want to know what it is because Im like I didn't order anything...I think it's lovely what you did for your Dad, my Dad isn't gone yet but my Mom is and even though i know the soul is gone for some reason it gives me comfort to have a place to go and sit...alot of times when I am down I go visit my Mom it is beautiful, peaceful and quiet..guess it still makes me feel like it is something tangible...kind of goofy I guess..

C
C
Hi Lisa,

You could always put the names on the stones and place them back where you buried them. Nobody would know but you and your family. Just tell people that the stones are reminders of past pets that's all.

John

That is a WONDERFUL idea John, could just be me and the families secret huh?

Miss you lots,

Lisa

Veteran_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Veteran_AS_Kicker
Thank you for your condolences.

It is said that Maine Coons are a "man's cat" and that was certainly true of Motor.

He was so named because his big loud purr sounded like a well tuned motor.

Off the topic for a moment: having picked up more pieces of your story, Lady, you are WAY tougher than I am.

Author: Mayan Solstice: A Novel of 2012 (http://www.createspace.com/3420054)

If you would know a man, observe how he treats a cat.-
from "The Door into Summer" (1957), chapter 1 (Robert Anson Heinlein)

Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. (again, RAH)

Veteran_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Veteran_AS_Kicker
The tears will come off and on for days. I've figured out that Motor's passing was the mechanism which ripped the scab off a very large festering wound.

Author: Mayan Solstice: A Novel of 2012 (http://www.createspace.com/3420054)

If you would know a man, observe how he treats a cat.-
from "The Door into Summer" (1957), chapter 1 (Robert Anson Heinlein)

Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. (again, RAH)

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!