Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Edwin - put in a 'low dose Naltrexone' search here, on the KA site. Man stories of successes, and only two, so far, of failure. So certainly worth a try! 'Smile'.

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Here ya go - from google:-

Web ResultsThe Low Dose Naltrexone Homepage
FDA-approved naltrexone, in a low dose, can boost the immune system — helping those with HIV/AIDS, cancer, autoimmune diseases, and central nervous system ...
www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/ - Similar

LDN and Autoimmune Disease
LDN and Multiple Sclerosis
LDN and Cancer
LDN: The Latest News
Clinical Trials for LDN
What Others Are Saying About LDN
Further Questions and Answers ...
Curriculum Vitae for Bernard Bihari ...
[ More results from www.lowdosenaltrexone.org ]

LDN: The Latest News
Some 80 patients with MS were involved in this double-blind, “randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover-design study of the effects of low dose naltrexone ...
www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/ldn_latest_news.htm - Similar

Low dose naltrexone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Low dose naltrexone (LDN), where naltrexone is used in doses approximately one- tenth those used for drug/alcohol rehabilitation purposes, is being used as ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_dose_naltrexone - Similar

Low Dose Naltrexone Forum - Home
WELCOME TO THE LOW DOSE NALTREXONE FORUM, LOW DOSE NALTREXONE CALLED LDN FOR SHORT. AT THIS TIME I DO NOT REQUIRE REGISTRATION OR PASSWORDS TO POST OR REPLY ...
ldn.proboards.com/index.cgi - Similar

Low Dose Naltrexone Therapy
Sammy Jo's experience of this experimental treatment for MS. Includes news and related links.
www.ldners.org/ - Similar

YouTube - Low Dose NaltrexoneThis "wonder drug" can treat patients with Crohn's Disease, Alzeimer's, Ovarian and Pancreatic Cancers, HIV/AIDS, Autism and MS to name a few. The drug nee.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz52KK5IhOc - Similar

Low Dose Naltrexone: The Use of LDN for MS, Crohn's, and Other ...Clinical trials and anecdotal reports suggest that low doses of the opiod antagonist naltrexone offer promise to patients with a variety of different ...
autoimmunedisease.suite101.com/article.cfm/low_dose_n... - Similar

Protocol for Low
Low dose naltrexone may also help cancer patients by up regulating opioid ... One contraindication to the use of low dose naltrexone is if the patient is ...
www.mbschachter.com/protocol_for_low.htm - Similar

LDN - Low Dose NaltrexoneThis information regarding Naltrexone is being presented here because of its potential importance to seriously ill individuals and its record of safety.
www.digitalnaturopath.com/treat/T74481.html - Similar

------------------------------##

Yes, I occasionally do take a pain med, but so rarely now. LDN is truly amazing stuff - must *never *ever let myself run out again!! stern

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Sue,

I was sooooo glad I "remembered" that celebrex causes you edema. I dug out ye old pill bottle to try to be more effective as a mommy this past week, (hubby on a work trip) and BOOM, very swollen from both knees down. Stopped the celebrex when he got home and it took 36 hours for the swelling to subside. weird!

is that a cardiac thing?? makes me wonder.

btw, celebrex (like many other drugs) work miracles on me for about 1-2 doses then bupkuss. (Kat, I LOVE that word!lol, lol!)

Good Luck!
-Donette

donnette, sounds like maybe you do get the edema too.

what i've discovered is that the nsaids work well til the edema kicks in, just a few days of pills at the most, can even feel my feet are a little fatter when trying to put on shoes even after 1 pill. then they don't work because the edema doesn't allow the body to get rid of the inflammation (this is what my docs have told me), so the body gets inflamed, and instead of the body then being able to fight the inflammation, it can't when edema exists, so it just escalates! i was taking vioxx every few days for 3 years before my GP and i put the puzzle together. when i went off the vioxx, the first month was so hard, the edema was still there and slowly going down, but no antiinflammatory to help, so i'd wake and my whole body would be so stiff. but after a month, felt better than i had in years. now i know the symptoms, and as soon as i feel a little "fatness" in my feet when putting on shoes, or a little numbness in my feet, i stop the drug. a statin, oddly enough, did the same thing to me, and i've read no where that statins should do that, and the pharmacist, the GP, neither of them had heard of such a thing, and they too could find it written no where, but thankfully they believed me, and within a week of stopping the statin, all was good with the world again.

don't think its heart related. a doctor or maybe it was a pharmacist? explained to me that the nsaids affect the ion (sodium i think) transport across membranes and when those are out of balance, then fluid retention to try to balance things out, simple biochemistry. some people are just more sensitive to the whole thing. yes, we are the lucky ones! (sarcastically she says!) so i don't think its anything to worry about health-wise (from what my medical people have told me), just means another reason we can't do nsaids.

i see it almost as a blessing, that way we won't have to watch for ulcers from those things. but sure would be nice to have them, as they do work on the inflammation (for me).

and the cox 2 inhibitors when they first came out, held so much promise, remember everyone so excited....but i do have faith that there are more new drugs out there just waiting to be invented, and one day we'll all have an effective drug with few if any side effects. modern medicine can be truly amazing.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
wow it is good to know what causes it.

i'm hopeful for our future too. especially if my kiddos develope AS. crossing fingers they don't.

thx Sue!

E
Active_Member
Active_Member
E
I'm familiar with LDN. Not sure it's an option for me at this point.

C
C
Hi
I have been on Celebrex for about 10 years now and I take 200mg twice a day. I does help some and if I do forget to take it I really know by the pain being higher. People say it is hard on the gut but I have never had a problem with my gut or maybe I have a gut of steel. LOL

John

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)