Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
trudi Offline OP
Diamond_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Diamond_AS_Kicker
After 5 years of hearing about this book, I finally bought it!

The information in that book is AMAZING! Esp when reading how our diets have changed thru modernization and our epidemic of disease, esp autoimmune, are because of it.

Today is our family's study on oats. Initially eating oats has a detox/chelating effect, but then it starts to break down and damage our guts, causing chron's, celiac, arthritis, lupus, IBS, candiditis, etc. This goes for all grains.

Eating 'regular' grains causes our bodies to become deficient in magnesium, copper, zinc, calcium because of the phytic acid that our bodies cannot break down properly.I never knew! The way to combat these problems is simple: SOAK your oats for 12+ hours with something a bit acidic (lemon/whey/vinegar) before cooking!!! Other grains need a different soak approach, though.

Since Christmas we've started some of the recipes. Yesterday we had Kibbeh. It is really, really good, if I don't think on the fact it is raw lamb! LOL! gag reflex is all in my head with the texture! my kids had no clue it was raw and enjoyed it quite well.

Also, making soup broth the RIGHT way helps heal our guts because of the geletain! Who'd a thunk?

I'm excited because there are recipes for things like eggplant (has anti-seizure compounds) that show the proper way to cook things and make them actually taste good (soak it in a bit of salt to remove the bitterness!).

I've been fermenting a few things here & there (salsa & pickles) and found an excellent 'salsa-type' food called Chutney made with paypaya, onion, red pepper, lime juice, whey, sea salt & water. Very unique but helps increase enzymes in our gut. Paypaya seeds can be dried and ground and added to food for enzyme help too. Chutney is mixed into things like a salsa, but especially on meat.

I'm excited and wanted to share the info in case anybody wanted to search thru the book in their local library and try some nourishing recipes. Maybe some of those on NSD/LSD will be able to incorporate more food items into their diet after they're properly prepared.

And, I believe this book is an important part of healing our guts. Until now, I had only an inkling on how to do that. Now, I feel that I have a great arsenal on the road to recovery for all my family.

~ Trudi: homeschooling mom to 6: 16,14,11,9,7, 6 mos

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
sounds exciting....will go to amazon and check it out, thanks.....

and thanks regarding the tip about the wax on the carpet. on my own, had tried a similar approach, heating pad with paper towels, but not hot enough, though good surface area, that's why i tried the heating pad first, large spillage area. then got out the iron, set it on high, used the paper towels so i could see the absorption....worked like a charm! now i know!

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Love Nourishing Traditions! Sally Fallon is an amazing wealth of dietary info. It just makes so much common sense - look at how the human diet has evolved over generations, find the healthiest populations, use the wisdom of those past. I just bought my mom this new cookbook out:

http://www.culturesforhealth.com/Wholesome-Home-Cooking-Preparing-Nutrient-Dense-Foods-p140.html

It's an Amish version of NT. I think it's out of stock on this website, but they still had copies on grassfedcooking.com

M
mcm Offline
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
M
great info -thanks!

L
Lon Offline
L
Trudi,
Thanks for this...
How is your daughter?
I am short on time to look for that post.
Last week I had a night call to get some cash to a young mom with 5 kids under 7, she was driving to Denver because her 5 year old has had seizures since Christmas.
She has not called me, but the doctor said they would be lucky if it was just Epilepsy. She does not speak English well and has no family in the states.
How is your daughter? What conclusion did they find, how are they treating her?
Sorry to invade your post.
agape'
Lon

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
trudi Offline OP
Diamond_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Hi Lon!

Ruthie is doing well. She had an MRI just before the New Year. We don't have any results yet. I have decided to work on drastic diet changes to help her. I've been reading that grains and nutrient deficiencies can contribute to many forms of epilepsy. I am not at peace with the meds right now. I was at first, but then remembered something God spoke to me about 3 years ago and it is contrary to meds. SO I am waiting for further Word.

trudi Offline OP
Diamond_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Update:

We found the raw lamb was very good in a taco format and the recipe lasted enough for a serving a day per person for a week.

This week we haven't had any raw meat and I can feel a difference. My craving for junk is much higher these past few days and my energy is quite low too. My daughter with the seizures looks to be on a bad week. I think she's having night ones.

Time to take a trip to the store to get maybe some fish this week to try raw. Supposedly that is one of the best things to eat, esp in the form of a soup broth made from the bones & heads. sounds gross, but so far every recipe I've made in the book has been superbly delicious (and I am a very picky eater in a sense when it comes to taste!)

Trudi, I'm really glad you've found these recipes to be of such help. A little concerned about all the raw meat, tho. Be careful, OK?

I know you know what you're doing, but I can't help but worry. smile

Warm hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 32 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Chamomile tea can reduce inflammation
by L33 - 07/26/22 11:20 PM
Best Gym Equipment to have
by L33 - 07/26/22 10:10 PM
Ankylosing Spondylitis is curable
by Sudhir - 07/24/22 07:34 AM
Let Us Know You Dropped In!
by Magician - 07/15/22 05:46 AM
Numb fingers, nerve pain
by Stevenage69 - 07/12/22 11:06 AM