Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#367364 12/04/09 03:19 AM
Donette Offline OP
Gold_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Gold_AS_Kicker
Ha ha, I'm desperate to make this work and run out of ideas fast for what to eat on the NSD. So here's my question:

WHAT DID YOU EAT TODAY??

You can list some/all or whatever is new that you haven't posted before on this topic.

I'll begin.

Breakfast: A chocolate protein shake for breakfast mixed with water and ice.(test OK with iodine, still testing it out)

Lunch:Pepperoni and celery, 3 tangerines.

Snack:pepitas, raisins, craisins, almonds, sunflower seeds (trailmix)

Dinner: steamed cauliflower with butter, tuna fish, mayo and sweet pickle relish, salt and pepper.

Water and supplements:borage oil, fish oil, potassium, D-3, E, calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, Bee Propolis, CoQ10, resveratrol, B complex and some apple cider vinegar.

OK, now you understand my desperation! doh

Warrior_AS_Kicker
Warrior_AS_Kicker
Hi, Donette. I understand your desperation. My mom is an awesome cook and finds recipes at scdiet.org . Try our diet forum, too, of course. :-)

I was gone most of the day, so had to be portable:
breakfast smoothie (frozen org. berries, rice protein pwdr, MSM and Vit C pwdr, kombucha tea) and almond bread with almond butter

lunch: spinach salad
snack: Organic Food Bar (I'm addicted)

dinner: roasted chicken, raw veggies with just a hint of hummus

HTH. Best wishes!

Ann
mom to three boys 10, 12, 14
Diagnosed with spondylitis in 2004
pharmacist who now seeks natural therapies including NSD & essential oils

Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
Now I follow a LSD diet

Today:
Breakfast: Eggs, Bacon, OJ and an apple
Lunch : Caesar Salad
Snack: raisons, almonds
Dinner: Sweet Italian Brat, Vegetable heavy Salad with Romaine lettuce, Banana
Snack: small Bowl of Ice cream

Tomorrow:
Breakfast: Almod Flour Pancakes and Fruit Salad OJ
Lunch: Chili, aged cheese, and a salad
Dinner: Roast with Salad with Carrots, assorted Vegs

After 3 years I am getting this but it was hard early

Last edited by drizzit; 12/04/09 04:01 AM.

No families take so little medicine as those of doctors, except those of apothecaries.

Oliver Wendell Holmes
Superior_AS_Kicker
Superior_AS_Kicker
That's a good question - always helps to get new ideads. I'm sticking to pretty simple things at the moment though.

Breakfast - a tablespoon of sauerkraut followed by spinach and 2 eggs cooked in mineral bone broth, for a soupy start to the day. The eggs end up sort of poached, and sometimes I add a little dried wakame seaweed too. I drizzle this with EVOO or flaxseed oil to boost the calories.

Lunch - steamed fish with dill and a smidge of lemon with a salad of rocket, romain lettuce, celery and deseeded cucumber. Garnished with fresh herbs for flavour and dressed with EVOO

Dinner - I haven't quite worked that one out yet.... It will need to be portable as I am heading into town, and will probably involve broccoli, red onion and garlic lightly sauteed and some protein of some sort - probably some chicken , again dressed with herbs and olive oil, perhaps some sesame oil too. Presented in my lovely leak proof lunchbox and eaten with a plastic fork while standing around at a Christmas market surrounded by devine smelling hot food and mulled wine...

Snacks - pumpkin seeds, coconut oil

I need to track down a good supplier of olives that have just been done in brine. Had some fantastic ones in Italy, and the ones I'd been getting in the jar at the supermarket are a poor substitute... but these make a great snack.

smile

"Traveler, there is no road, you make your path as you walk." - Antonio Machado
M
mcm Offline
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
M
Posts like this help me out so much, thanks for starting:
Breakfast: fried eggs in coconut oil with arugula
Lunch: leftover chicken (cooked in coco. oil with steamed broccoli
Dinner: meatloaf made with eggs, almond flour, pureed spinach, sea salt, italian seasoning, tomato paste mixed with agave on top
I mixed the eggs, almond, spinach and seasonings together before adding meat and realized did to much (for my kids taste), so I took half that mix and cooked like omelet - turned out like the SCD crust recipe (egg, almond, zucchini), actually kinda tasty and used it for "bread" for a meatloaf sandwich. desperate times call for desperate measures, right.

Also making salmon patties lately - basically same as meatloaf but with canned wild salmon and parsley, dill and lemon.

snacked on almonds, dried cherries thruout day and after din. choc chips (I must cut the choc out, i'm not out of pain and i'm sure this is one reason, but its soooo hard)
And a hardcore hard cider after dinner - another thing i'm tolerating less & less - alcohol, getting so can't even drink wine anymore without feeling really sick and migraines, argh. miss my red wine.

What brand supplements do you use? feel like i really need to supp. more but fear added starch, i'm very sporadic but I buy sundown naturals liquid caps for calcium & D, sometimes powder L-Glutamine, sometimes probiotics, plan to attempt fermenting veggies but skimming mold freaks me out, sister-in-law just got a fermenting crock that alleviates the guess work, kinda pricey tho.

I think sunflower seeds are supposed to be starchy, but I've had them in salads before without noticing a big change?

take care, mary cay

Donette Offline OP
Gold_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Gold_AS_Kicker

What a fabulous picture!! Your boys are so handsome in their holiday sweaters!! I'm still waiting for my son's sweater to get here from old navy so we can take ours!!

I'm showing my intelligence here (or lack thereof) but I have not heard of rice protein powder, MSM, kombucha tea and I've never used hummus. Are you able to use the rice protein powder because you've been on the NSD a long time?? Is it one of those things we can tolerate a small amount of after we have substantially killed off the Klebs population?

What (if anything) do you put on your spinach salad?

I'll have to look up the Organic Food Bar. I love the portable stuff. I really like the fruit leather bars too. They tide me over to the next meal and would make a decent breakfast too.

Oh I miss my garden now!! How long until next summer?? grin

I took those veggies for granted!

Take Care.

Donette Offline OP
Gold_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Gold_AS_Kicker
That sounds really good Drizzit. I would say you are a Very LSD! The only thing starchy I could see was the beans in the chili. That gives me a idea. I could make no bean chili and that would taste pretty decent.

I haven't tried the almond flour pancakes yet, I made some out of coconut flour and they were more like an omelet than a pancake, but with honey and butter on them they were great!

Thanks so much for your input.

Donette Offline OP
Gold_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Gold_AS_Kicker
Hey Kurumi,

Are you selling stuff at the Christmas market?? That sounds like so much fun! I sold my jewelry at a Christmas Craft show in Jackson Hole, Wyoming last December. I had to take a truck load of Prednisone for a couple days to make it happen though, and I brought my 11 year old daughter with me to do the heavy lifting (pathetic, I know)! She is my awesome helper.

So I have not heard of some of the things you are eating!?! They sound intriguing! Wakame seaweed, mineral bone broth, rocket (lettuce?)

Your broccoli stir fry is a fantastic idea!! Yum. They have those olives at my bulk food supermarket too. That does sound delish.

Thanks for the good ideas!

Donette Offline OP
Gold_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Gold_AS_Kicker
Mary Cay,

That all sounds so yummy! Remind me again what arugula is?? I'm thinking a lettuce? I had not thought about making a meatloaf! Brilliant. I use the agave nectar a lot too. If I mix it with almond flour, it tasted like peanut butter. I sometimes eat a spoon of that for a snack.

Salmon patties sound REALLY good too.

I am using swansonvitamins.com for most/all of my supplements. The only one with starch in it is the Zinc. It listed rice flour as a filler and it turned coal black on contact with iodine. The rest have been fine. A few of my vitamins are by "nature made" (Balanced B-100 and a Cal-Mag-Zinc combo) and they both tested fine. My Potassium Gluconate 595 mg is from "nature's bounty" and it is also safe. The potassium when taken on a regular basis with the Cal-Mag-Zinc really helps keep the aweful muscle spasms under control. I just finished a bottle of Neptune Krill oil, I'm not sure it helped. My regular fish oil is "spring valley" brand from walmart. I'm not sure if it is a good quality though, I'm looking forward to it running out so I can try a new kind.

Is fermenting veggies a way you get your probiotics? I haven't heard of that before. I'm with you on the freak-out over skimming mold. sick1

Thanks for all the good ideas!

Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
MCM,

Here's an old post by Kiwi (Chelsea) discussing a sauerkraut/fermented veggies maker. I don't know if this is over budget, but the price doesn't seem terribly excessive to me (especially since you can virtually do away with buying manufactured probiotics).

The only thing I don't understand about it is where they mention adding probiotics to the mix. I'd think that optional though. I really don't know.

Sauerkraut Maker Post

Kind Regards,
Jay

Almost all of us long for peace and freedom; but very few of us have much enthusiasm for the thoughts, feelings, and actions that make for peace and freedom. - Aldous Huxley

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. - Thomas Jefferson
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,359,842 hmmm
1,318,621 OMG!!!!
708,474 PARTY TIME!