Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
C
Hi All,

I'm Christina from Indonesia, married to Travis, he's Canadian turning 30 years old this December 2009

I've finally convinced my husband Travis to do this apple diet. I did everything suggested:
1. Bought the reddest apples and tested them with iodine which turned out negative
2. Bought distilled water for his drink
3. Bought original olive oil (not extra or light)

Travis decided to do this after no significant result of NSD that he's been doing for 2 weeks. He started this on Saturday. Today is Monday (his third day), he woke up and could hardly walk and almost skipped work because it took him 20 minutes to get his right leg inside the car.

aside from the apples, he only drinks distilled water,and takes 4.5mg LDN, 2 spoonful of fish oil and 2 spoonful of apple cidar vinegar at night before bed.

I don't know what went wrong, it just makes me so sad to think that our last hope (NSD) doesn't help.

He stretch for 2 hours everyday, and when its not too painful then he'll swim (now its only once a week for the last 2 weeks). he usually takes Celebrex 4 x 100mg a day (2 in the morning and 2 at night).

could anyone tell me what went wrong?

I'm so desperate and heart broken.

he's a tough guy and hardly complain, but this morning, I saw him crying when he couldn't even lift his right leg to go inside the car.

any reply will greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Christina

Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
2 weeks is probably not long enough for NSD for some. I was on it for 6 months before I decided it was not doing much for me. I would give it more time.

Have you looked into the TNF drugs?

Last edited by drizzit; 11/16/09 04:49 AM.

No families take so little medicine as those of doctors, except those of apothecaries.

Oliver Wendell Holmes
AS Czar
AS Czar

Hi, Christina:

Sometimes the apples have this odd effect, I suppose while stripping away some of the mucosa.

Although I agree that 2 weeks is not long enough and perhaps one apple regimen is also not enough to fully promote healing required, I would recommend investigating some temporary antibiotics. Another of our members, Sinta, is also in Indonesia and has had great results LSD plus antibiotics for many years.

I would email You my AP for AS as a basic guideline.

There are setbacks with everything we do, so tell him we have all been discouraged but have found the way, long-term, to eliminate AS symptoms more effectively than any drug or any other method. Do not hesitate to contact me with the request for antibiotics; sometimes this is the best way and NSD+antibiotics was by far and away the greatest combination I could have imagined.

HEALTH to You each,
John

C
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
C
Hi John,

Thank you so much for your kind message,

may I have Sinta email address?, and what antibiotic should I use,

looking forward for your email.

I'm now at work, and have been crying all day at my desk.

Today, the school where travis works as an english teacher has warned him about being sick too much. I'm scared they'll cut him from his job.

Hi Christina...I'm so sorry! I truly do know your pain as I have also had to watch my husband suffer gasping in pain in the past. It's the most heart-breaking thing to see our big strong men so broken like that and can leave you feeling helpless, scared and desperate!

Sounds like Travis is feeling so sore due to not taking his daily 400mg of Celebrex during the fast. This has probably been doing a good job of masking his pain enough so that he can function until now.

The NSD does take time to work and the 3 day apple diet is not a magic bullet unfortunately. What I would suggest is going STRICT nsd for 3 months and then see how he is. I'm serious, I mean STRICT. Not "I'll just have this potato this one time, it wont hurt". It WILL hurt and it will impede progress on the diet.

Within 3 months you should start to see some results. It took 9 months before my own husband Jon was able to stop taking his anti-inflammatories (Bextra) as he had slow gradual improvement on the NSD...not a miracle cure in 2 weeks. It took him 3 months just to get the diet right...we were still finding starchy things in his diet at that stage. And we discovered that like many others here he also had to cut out dairy.

I hope Travis can get some relief soon. Just stay strong for him if you can. Try to be positive and optimistic for him and encourage him to stick with it and give it a really good try.

All the best to you
Chelsea

Chelsea smile

[Linked Image]
K
New_Member
New_Member
K
Hi Christina,
Don't give up hope. I was just the same - I got worse on the apple diet and I also sat at my desk at work crying because my last hope seemed to just disappear. I was wrong and the diet has helped me hugely. Turns out apples flare me - I'm not the only one on here who finds that. Lots of sugary fruit have the same effect. It might be the case with your husband, or perhaps it's just like Kiwi said - going off the drugs. Just don't give up hope. I really believe the diet can help everyone to some extent - but I also think it's really individualistic. You might need to do an exclusion diet. Don't give up. Take care!

M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
I have to say hit hard and strict for a few months. I thought I was going to have to retire. NSD has been my salvation. Kiwi,Dragon Slayer, Jeanne, and more I can't say enough. When I had my last round of blood work it showed the reduction in pain was not in my head. For me I had to stop the dairy, I can only have a small amount of aged parmasean or asiago cheese once in a while. I can eat small amounts of fruit now. It has been hard but worth it.
Darrel.

Great to hear you're still doing well Darrel.

1cup

Keep it up!

Chelsea smile

Chelsea smile

[Linked Image]
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Have you cracked open one of his ldn and tested it for starch?

I also agree with Kiwi, if he just dropped his celebrex that will totally slam him with terrible pain/stiffness. It does that to me when I stop taking it at first. It gets better over time though. Good luck!! We are all pulling for you.

-Donette

C
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
C
Dear All,

thank you so much for your kind support.
Travis is still on his strict NSD (excluding cheese, carrots, and dairy), and just limit fruits to watermelon and dark grapes.

John (DragonSlayer) has sent me the Antibiotic Protocol, and today is his day one taking cipro, I will update you with this.

He eliminates the celebrex intake and replacing it with Prosis (ibuprofen.

He still drags his right leg when he walks, there's not a slight improvement on this one, can any of you suggest what to do when you have cramped leg?

and I think Kyle's right, maybe apples flare me. I tried to support him on his first day eating apple by also eating just apples for breakfast and lunch, and I had this bad headache and stiffness on my shoulders.

Again.. Thank you all for your support. really means alot to me

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 32 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Chamomile tea can reduce inflammation
by L33 - 07/26/22 11:20 PM
Best Gym Equipment to have
by L33 - 07/26/22 10:10 PM
Ankylosing Spondylitis is curable
by Sudhir - 07/24/22 07:34 AM
Let Us Know You Dropped In!
by Magician - 07/15/22 05:46 AM
Numb fingers, nerve pain
by Stevenage69 - 07/12/22 11:06 AM