Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
New_Member
New_Member
K
Yeah I know this issue - I sometimes work out in the bush and my last field trip I was LSD/NSD. I was struggling to work out how to stick to it without being a complete pain in the [**BLEEP**] for everyone else. I ended up making up a big bag of my own 'muesili' which is a variation of something I saw on here once. I combined dessicated coconut, shaved coconut, almond meal, pumpkin seeds a few other seeds and chopped dried figs - it's actually quite yummy. I can actually tolerate this 'muesili' with puffed brown rice in it as well (though I can't eat any form of it for too many days in a row). Otherwise, for me, tinned fish is a winner and chocolate - lots and lots of dark, milk-free chocolate! Hope you have fun! Loooots of snakes about this time of year - but they're mostly friendly :-)
Kylie

M
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
M
Hope you had a great time camping. I love it we camp in State park camping sites with no electricity or showers only long drop loos. Swim, fish and kayak on the blackwood river and generally veg out with books, hammocks and lots of good food, beer and wine and the odd game of backgammon now and then. I am hanging out for christmas going away for a few days.

Georgina Diagnosed 2002 Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching and live like it's heaven on earth. Mark Twain
L
Linella Offline OP
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
"long drop loos"

I'd never heard anyone call a pit toilet that! It sure is a long drop and very noisy. Haha!

The only starch I ate was some pasta on the first day (because I couldn't be bothered cooking anything myself) and half a potato another day because it was cooked in the fire and looked soooo yummy!

I ate bacon and eggs or yoghurt for breakfast. And my favourite salad: tinned tuna, avocado (I know, does have some starch), pineapple and mayo. Weird combination, but I never get fed up with that taste.

We had a campfire BBQ 2 nights and I didn't mind at all eating just meat and salad. Fortunately someone had made a very yummy salad for all of us. I'm not very good at making salads, but I must learn.

I also was very, very happy that I'd made a batch of cheddar crackers for myself. I even allowed someone to taste them and they were very impressed. I should've made a double batch.

My neck was ok and coped with the drive and even the carrying stuff from and to the car. I had no problem setting up the tent or any other tasks either. The only issue I had was a slow leak in my air mattress!!! First morning I woke at dawn with my bottom on the ground. Which was a blessing in disguise because I got to see the sun rise over the ocean whilst sipping my first coffee and listening to the dawn chorus. Makes my heart sing!

The only other problem I had physically was that my right leg (my "driving leg") hurt after the drive back. The road is way too hilly to be using the cruise control at any time, and my leg (or hip or knee?) does not cope with pushing the accelerator for that long. Next time I will remember to change position more often. I can slightly tilt my leg inwards to relieve tension on the thigh muscles.

Lin
Superior_AS_Kicker
Superior_AS_Kicker
Glad to hear you managed well and had a great time too.

"Traveler, there is no road, you make your path as you walk." - Antonio Machado
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (ZacksDad), 33 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Welcome All New Members!
by Magician - 08/09/22 10:54 PM
Chamomile tea can reduce inflammation
by L33 - 07/26/22 11:20 PM
Best Gym Equipment to have
by L33 - 07/26/22 10:10 PM
Ankylosing Spondylitis is curable
by Sudhir - 07/24/22 07:34 AM
Let Us Know You Dropped In!
by Magician - 07/15/22 05:46 AM