Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 42 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 41 42
Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Quote:

Also, I don't understand your comment about green??? Am I green like eco-green, like a "green horn", or are you calling yourself green? Help me understand. Also, liberal times? Please help me understand.

I was making a joke about your green "Incredible Hulk" avatar, sorry if I am being typically obscure

related topic for another day perhaps, the whole controversy about Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth" and all that, people who are advocating we take the global warming situation seriously are often called "green" and are in direct opposition to industrialized Big Business, who claim that it is all a bunch of hoopla

Once mistakenly got into one of those backyard BBQ discussions with my nephew in Phoenix. He is convinced that the whole thing is a left-wing conspiracy

And I was "Of course you can think that, standing out here under the ever-beautiful blue skies of Arizona! In New York City, we can see the difference in the skies between the middle of the day, and then the smog during rush hour, when all those cars are piled up bumper to bumper!"

Dow
Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
another day, another story about the pharmaceutical companies breaking the law

even the existing laws:

Pfizer pays largest criminal fine in U.S. history, 1.19 billion

hits close to home for me, I'm taking Neurontin!

Dow
Platinum_AS_Kicker
Platinum_AS_Kicker
Quote:

another day, another story about the pharmaceutical companies breaking the law

That's a good story to be told and unexpectedly I seem to have stumbled in to more than I ever wanted to know about the topic & have even been asked if I'd like to testify to the FTC. Still considering the invite but the movie Silkwood keeps coming to mind --> (hitman)

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Quote:

hits close to home for me, I'm taking Neurontin!

It was prescribed for me too Dow!!

Age 7- Kidney Necrosis
Age 11-Bursitis
Age 14-Costo
Age 17-Psoriasis
Age 32-Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Age 33-Sacroilitis
Age 35-Interstitial Cystitis
Age 40-AS
Age 44-Fibro
Age 44-PsA
Age 45-MS
Age 46-Sjogrens
Age 46-Raynauds
Age 47-PF
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Ewww yes BE CAREFUL we so need people to stand up for us BUT it is a very real thing and you can bet they have the muscle and the money to back it up.

Good luck,

Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

Yep me too for at least 2 years or more!

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

Warrior_AS_Kicker
Warrior_AS_Kicker
I'm totally with your nephew on that amongst a whole bunch of other things.

True or not, I believe there are people who are using it to push more taxes and controls and eventually tax people for living. Believe it or not...

Hey, somebody stole my quote! - Me
You didn't get my great puns in that post?

Warm hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
Ahhh... "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry". My intention is to morph back into Dave Banner at some point in time, but I'm still as angry and enraged as I was at the time I put this up, therefore it stays until that time. Been that way for practically the last 15 years.

Here's a blog post I found interesting that I thought I would post.

Healthcare "Reform": the State and Plutocracy Stripmine the Middle Class (Again)

Kind Regards,
Jay

Almost all of us long for peace and freedom; but very few of us have much enthusiasm for the thoughts, feelings, and actions that make for peace and freedom. - Aldous Huxley

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. - Thomas Jefferson
Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Quote:

Ahhh... "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry". My intention is to morph back into Dave Banner at some point in time, but I'm still as angry and enraged as I was at the time I put this up, therefore it stays until that time. Been that way for practically the last 15 years.

Well, I like that. Now we have a goal on this KickAS thread, we'll know if we ever see that Dave Banner avatar, that progress has been made!

I read the Charles Hugh Smith blog that you posted..

my thoughts are that he is describing not a system that is being proposed, but more like the one that exists today, where the health care industry rules the order of things, with our government being under their control, not the other way around!

and we will never reach a situation where "everything is free for all" nor should we try to attempt that, he is right that it would bankrupt our system, simply not possible

good point that other countries that provide greater degree of benefits for their people are stressed under the costs of doing that, but I'm sure they would counter that with that they feel that is a cost well worth spending...

but we're not talking about that here, not a newly-created government-run health care system, that uses our taxes to pay itself, we're talking about using the collective bargaining power of US citizens, (many of whom are not covered at all, and therefore have zero negotiation power) to continue to pay our existing doctors, hospitals, and drug companies

but with a critically important difference...

That the governmental bill that is being proposed is designed to NOT run at a profit, (actually decrease our deficit, not increase it) unlike our insurance companies, that were set up that way from day one, and they are VERY successful at it

So I think of it as this being about creating a competition, when the not-for-profit entity starts competing with the for-profit existing entities, the result should be lower prices for us, less profit for them, more people covered

I know you don't trust that...fair enough, when there are billions and billions of dollars involved, I'm sure that we both don't believe that it won't be the end of corruption...

Here's something I think we should all watch:

(especially the part about how it will affect tax our tax burden)

Congressman Rob Andrews from last week

Dow
Page 27 of 42 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM