Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 42 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 41 42
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
I don't understand how a Dr. can NOT NOT take insurance..that is ludicrous!

How does he make a living, people have to take cash, does he offer some kind of incentive for paying cash?

I know I have heard of some Drs. going to this but they offer a discount for not having to deal with all the insurance paperwork and hassle.

I know if not for our insurance I certainly wouldn't have the luck of getting a biologic, so I am so grateful for that.

We are getting ready to be priced out of insurance. When we start paying for our insurance on Bill's new job it will be $800.00 a month and that is still with a $2500.00 deductible...ptttt!

Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
Timo Many americans have no clue what their heath care insurance costs as the employer covers much of it. For some reason that means it is free to the employee or not to bad. Such flawed logic is common. Health insurance costs are crippling US business from a competitive standpoint against foreign competition that does not pay for employee health care.

My health care is covered by my employer but it cost them $12,000 a year to cover a family of four.

I have a $1,000 deductible and spent that much before any insurance coverage kicks in.

After the $1,000 I pay 30% and my insurance covers 70% until I have paid individually $3,000 or family total of $6,000 out of my pocket. Then my insurance covers all costs.

So this year I will pay $6,000 in health costs and my employer will pay $12,000 to keep me and my family in insurance. Great deal huh and my coverage is considered pretty good around my area.

I have a maximum of 1 million dollars of coverage in my lifetime.

Last edited by drizzit; 10/12/09 02:50 AM.

No families take so little medicine as those of doctors, except those of apothecaries.

Oliver Wendell Holmes
Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Quote:

So the goal is to have no different plans and no different level of benefits. Equality for all.
Who is against this??

I do fear that the people who are against this...

(besides the people who have been showing up at the town hall meetings with signs and an intent to disrupt the proceedings, who have been directly and indirectly been influenced to do so by corporate interests)

(and besides the people who are against Obama, ignoring at least for the moment the racists, but now talking about members of the Republican party, who think one of the ways to regain power for their party is to try to defeat ANY proposal coming from the Left)

(and also some of our people who have developed a mistrust of our government to actually pull this off)

...are a lot of people who currently have coverage, likely through their employers, and this is a way for them to keep their advantage over the poorer and unemployed people, and ESPECIALLY the minorities and immigrants, who they fear might come to this country in increasing numbers, should things like coverage for people with pre-existing conditions become available-

That's what I think, anyway

Dow
Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
Timo,

Yes, all of that was covered. I'm making an assumption on an ambulance ride since I never took one.

The way it worked was:

• Individual paid annual deductible ($1,500 in my example)

• Then co-insurance kicked in where the individual paid 20% of all subsequent expenses up to the annual out of pocket maximum (in which the deductible is included). Annual out-of-pocket maximum in my example was $3,000.

• After the annual out of pocket maximum is reached, insurance covers 100%

Kind Regards,
Jay

Almost all of us long for peace and freedom; but very few of us have much enthusiasm for the thoughts, feelings, and actions that make for peace and freedom. - Aldous Huxley

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. - Thomas Jefferson
Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
Quote:

I don't know Lisa- but it really irks me that everyone BUT the patient gets a say so and makes money, the patient may not even get better. And what is said if the patient stays sick? Nothing or if you are a women you may even be told it is all in your head. HA! drives me nuts!

Anna

Personally, I'd like to see outcome based medicine where the physicians are only paid or are only rightfully compensated based on the outcome of the procedures they perform and the medicine they practice. It would be difficult to make this change, but it could be done with the appropriate effort. I know I've tired going to these useless quacks only for them to cause me more problems. That is why I am real careful about the doctors I chose to work with now.

Kind Regards,
Jay

Almost all of us long for peace and freedom; but very few of us have much enthusiasm for the thoughts, feelings, and actions that make for peace and freedom. - Aldous Huxley

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. - Thomas Jefferson
Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
Quote:

I do fear that the people who are against this...

(besides the people who have been showing up at the town hall meetings with signs and an intent to disrupt the proceedings, who have been directly and indirectly been influenced to do so by corporate interests)

You mean the people showing up with signs exercising their right to free speech or do you mean the union thugs that the politicians from the left have brought in to intimidate and employ physical violence against elderly attendees and law abiding citizens?

Quote:

(and besides the people who are against Obama, ignoring at least for the moment the racists, but now talking about members of the Republican party, who think one of the ways to regain power for their party is to try to defeat ANY proposal coming from the Left)

Apparently everybody that is against Obama is a racist. Has nothing to do with his political ideology or the way he runs his administration, huh? The race card is an easy out I suppose.

Quote:

(and also some of our people who have developed a mistrust of our government to actually pull this off)

You can lump me in this category. It doesn't matter if it is a donkey or an elephant in with majority or holding the highest elected office in the nation, they have done nothing to earn my trust.

Quote:

...are a lot of people who currently have coverage, likely through their employers, and this is a way for them to keep their advantage over the poorer and unemployed people, and ESPECIALLY the minorities and immigrants, who they fear might come to this country in increasing numbers, should things like coverage for people with pre-existing
conditions become available-

Oddly enough, I don't have health care coverage, yet I don't want what is being offered right now. I'd like this nation to realize health insurance reform (e.g. pre-existing conditions, holding the insurance cos. feet to the fire so that policy holders can not be dropped via loopholes), but I want as least government interference in my life as possible. I have no problem with individuals of lesser economic means receiving some help with health care and/or health care coverage. Nor am I worried about immigrants coming to this country since their are predetermined quotas on that. Non-resident immigrants should not receive anything from the taxpayer, nor should they have any rights (except basic human rights) while in this country.

One last thing. I thought this topic was doing pretty good about sticking to the issue and not delving into partisan politics. I guess I was wrong.

Kind Regards,
Jay

P
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
P
Well said, Dow; we have one amongst us, but free speech is free speech, even if it's misguided, misinformed, and expressed with alterior motives. Nonetheless, we'll get better healthcare despite all of them, and even they will benefit (almost doesn't seem fair). Keep the faith, Dow.

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Hey Jay,

Sorry I missed this very interesting thread.. I will put my 2 cents worth in... I agree with you 100% so Pete, you have at least 2 among you, and a good thing too. This country and our northern neighbor would not be anywhere near the free bastions that they are without free speech.

Dean

Keep the Faith!

L
Lon Offline
L
Anna,
Hi. " I'm sorry I don't mean to be preachy but the system is messed up" Hey. lady, I am a preacher - is that a bad thing?? lol
I love it here.

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Grimm Offline OP
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
Sorry Lon, I meant that as in I was not knowledgable enough to preach about it or anything else much.

You, sir, and your brothers and sisters of the pulpit have my utmost respect.

You also have a pretty great sense of humor- I love you posts!

Anna

Page 6 of 42 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)