Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
trudi Offline OP
Diamond_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Diamond_AS_Kicker
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/09/19/The-Truth-about-the-Flu-Shot.aspx

make sure you watch ALL the videos... there is a lot of hidden dangers in vaccinations that don't show up right away....

These videos confirm my suspicion that my spondy came from the mass vaxes in the Navy....

MS, Lupus, ALS, brain tumbors, some cancers are just a few side effects of vaccinations!

~ Trudi: homeschooling mom to 6: 16,14,11,9,7, 6 mos

Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
Of course in England when the MMR was not being taken then a large Measles outbreak occurred and continues.

http://www.meningitis.org/news-media/warning-of-rise-in-meningitis-29960

In Minnesota a HIB outbreak occurred and kids died. There are serious consequences to not taking some vaccines as well like DEATH.

http://children.webmd.com/vaccines/news/20090123/hib-outbreak-kills-unvaccinated-child

Now I am not a fan of forced vaccination in any way and this flu seems mild so far so I may not get the shot but to not see that many vaccines have provided a huge benefit overall is a mistake. I don't miss polio at all.

If I had asthma I would thank god this shot is available. My dad has severe breathing problems and this flu would probably kill him if he gets it. He will get the shot.

Last edited by drizzit; 09/21/09 01:02 AM.

No families take so little medicine as those of doctors, except those of apothecaries.

Oliver Wendell Holmes
trudi Offline OP
Diamond_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Diamond_AS_Kicker
did you watch all the videos? True studies show that while the 'theory' behind vaxes is a good one, just not correct when it comes to injectiing in a muscle. It goes rogue AND there are many micro-viruses that CANNOT get filtered out properly. Our technology is not that advanced. What happens is that these rogue viruses sit and stew awhile then become other diseases like MS, Lupus, cancers, tumbors, dimentia, etc. AND they pass on to our offspring.

Studies have shown also (one of the videos) that the whole taught theories on those with asthma SHOULD get the flu vax has NO proof to back it up. The studies show that this is an untrue statement that your asthma will be less if you get the shot...

From what I have learned with those meningitis outbreaks... most of the cases of outbreaks are from those who were vaccinated. I believe it started with college students ..... and it was called an outbreak so whole towns were herded up to get mass vaxed..... sorry.. I don't believe what the media or big pharma says.

These were my beliefs even before watching mercola's interview in the above link. Those videos just confirm what my 'research' has shown me.

Here's another video on vaccinations in relation to bioterrorism: In Lies We Trust

Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
being skeptical is good.

That is why I don't trust Mercola or that video either. I personally can't see why they are anymore trustworthy than the center for disease control who at least has peer reviews and much more input from many places.

Just my take though. I know people who still live with the side effects from having polio and I thank god for that vaccine among others.

The england breakout with measles started with a large group of parents not getting their kids vaccinated. Which is fine that is their choice, but don't [**BLEEP**] when the measles slam them and they live with the effects for the rest of their lives.

Tough choices in many ways.

Last edited by drizzit; 09/21/09 04:23 AM.

No families take so little medicine as those of doctors, except those of apothecaries.

Oliver Wendell Holmes
trudi Offline OP
Diamond_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Diamond_AS_Kicker
looking at motives is always a good thing when discerning what info is good information vs mis-information.

Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
And what are the motives of Mercola and that doctor? I don't think we know.

I know many who slam the establishment just to make money. It is quite profitable I understand

Point is
http://scienceblogs.com/effectmeasure/2009/09/seasonal_flu_why_i_got_vaccina.php

"The truth is this. No one knows what's going to happen. We're all guessing. But in my estimation, the risk-benefit calculation for vaccine side-effects and flu is so markedly in favor of the vaccine that I made the decision to get vaccinated and that's what I'd advise others, too. How confident am I? I'm confident it is the most rational thing to do given what we know. But flu confounds us at every turn, so being confident about anything else in this case is not something I'm confident about."

Last edited by drizzit; 09/21/09 04:43 AM.

Oliver Wendell Holmes
Where your vaccines come from
http://www.cogforlife.org/fetalvaccines.htm

Interesting discussion. Thanks Trudi and Drizzit for providing information on both persepectives (for and against vaccines).

Even when discussing medications used to treat inflammatory arthritis (AS and RA) I think it's important to look at ALL the information and weigh up cost/benefits, the side effects and the likelihood of serious side effects. Prednisone and methotrexate are two of the medications that I'm thinking of here. I started out with an absolute terror of both, largely because of information I had read on line, including here. I still believe we need to treat these meds with considerable caution because there's no doubt both carry significant risks. However, I'm taking both with no serious side effects and my inflammation, which was at an extremely dangerous level, has come down significantly. Without effective treatment I ran the risks of heart attack, stroke and other internal organ damage. It's all such a balancing act.

With regard to flu vaccines in general, I normally prefer to avoid them. If I'm in good health, then I'd rather catch the flu and build my natural immunity. Now I'm on immunosuppressant meds, I'm not sure what to do so I'm busy weighing the arguments on both sides. I'm concerned that the H1N1 vaccine has been "fast tracked" which means that the normal safeguards may not be in place (in terms of peer reviews etc.). Also, in Canada, we've had a number of reports of the media exaggerating the outbreaks, including an instance on a First Nations reserve near us where they claimed that several people were in hospital and one had died. NONE of this turned out to be true! So everyone was getting freaked out and rushing to be vaccinated. When I heard that the stories were not true - there were a few mild cases, no hospitalization and no deaths - I got very suspicious. The healthcare people were interviewed on the radio this morning and indicated that, for the most part, H1N1 is a mild flu, no worse than most of the other flu viruses that we see every winter.

So for me, the jury is still out on whether I should consider vaccination or not.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
The media loves to hype things up.....remember the sars outbreak? we were all gonna die back then too....

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
As I remember it, SARS was very serious, but thanks to the efforts of the WHO was fortunately contained:

SARS

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM