Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 50 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 49 50
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thankyou for writing your story Alan I know I was shocked at the way you wrote some of it.I think it was more of a case of me possibly facing a similar operation that played more on my mind. You did the correct thing in continuing and Im gratefull for you finishing it I have learnt a lot.
And I feel proud to say I think of you as a special freind and look forward to meeting you in person sometime soon I hope.You are a big inspiration to me even if I do take the [**BLEEP**].
Kevin

M
mig Offline
M
Alan, wow, thank you!

Your appreciation for living and enjoying each day is inspiring and literally contagious and I feel both privileged and fortunate to have gotten to know you.. yep, I am pretty lucky too! Bless you and your super team of incredible doctors ... and thank goodness for KA!

Love and hugs
mig

Fabulous story, Alan. Thank you for reliving and sharing. I do think it has the potential to be publishable and wonder what the next steps might be to find out. Let us know if you end up going in that direction.

On another note - you have said that the AS monster is starting to cause you to bend again. Is that in the same area or higher up? I had thought that the metalwork you have would help to prevent that part of your spine from moving (bending). Is there anything you can do (excercise, drugs etc.) at this stage to prevent it continuing?

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
yes, the doctors and nurses. Well said Mig. They are the heroes of this story, I was just there for the tea and the lemonade.

My trust was totally in them, they rewarded the trust millionfold

they earned lots of points. Ahaaaaaa

I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
Thank you Wendy. Have actually begun to edit the story. to clean it up, to make more chronological and remove error and contradiction, to make a slightly better read if I am able.

When it is done, I will send it to you, see what you think of it as a continuous read, i hope i can make it worthwhile.

As for the bending, yes over the top of the rods, same place as Kevin but nowhere near as extreme as his. If I live a reasonably long life though I fear that it will head towards what Kevin endures.

It doesnt matter though, I have been lucky enough to win the world cup once already, mustn't be greedy and demand to win it again.

Thank you so much for keeping me going with this.

M
mig Offline
M
Just edited the photos in your last chapter so that it shows both before & after surgery, as well as your pretty daughters as the ladies they are now, all grown up! I bet they are as proud of you as you are of them, Alan. (sorry about the bike! lol) I'd love to know what Ruth and Esther's predominant memories are from back then, when their Dad suddenly became much taller. I bet it wasn't the lemonade!

Alan, I hope you might include some detail about the mark across your chest too, in the post op photo... it's missing from your story!

I see, so that's where all the points went, no wonder you are so stingy with them now. lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What lovely daughters Alan you must be proud They obviously take after your wife.

I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
Oh yes the mark on my chest..........do you meanthe red mark which encircles chest and tum???

Well perhaps make it the final cpmpetition then shall we.......could mean points for the winner???

So folks explain redmarks in picture!!!

I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
Hi Kevin, yes they are lovely, both 6 feet tall brainy and gorgeous, Mother, well let me explain.

My wife complains bitterly when she enters a shop with her 2 daughters, the conversation is usually preceded with a few looks at her then at the girls then back at her....

"Your husband is tall is he?"

Cos my wife is 5 feet 3. She usually sneers at the shop worker. So nope take after me they do.......lol

Odd though that after all that has happened, I am still thought of as tall.

Do people still see you as a tall man, or do you think your stooping has changed their perceptions?

But I do appreciate your final insult....lol

Last edited by ineptwill; 07/26/09 04:17 PM.
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Red Marks on Chest (refers)

From plastic corset!

----------------

And yes, Alan, yr gals are super gorgeus. How's about an up-to-date piccie of em, then? OK?

Molly C (France) - ID'eed 'just in case' I win a point or two...haha

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Page 37 of 50 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 49 50

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM