Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 50 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 49 50
I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
yes it was a thrill to see Rufus and Es. It had been too long.

Well you have had the spasms, I bet James B. John the dragon, Brad and Cheerful know these pains, all are heroes. Not me though, I was satill fit enough to fight off my daughters onslaught on the chocolate digestives, not that I could actually manage to eat one myself.

You are kind dear lady. Truth is though isn't it,that AS has shaped all on here, we have ways to keep going, there is no pint in regretting it, or wishing things were different, because they weren't and they aren't. This writing has been a bit of a glory trip for me, lots of memories and has been a thrill to try and do it, but, don't let it make me into a hero, cos I'm not, Just simple old Ineptwill.

But blessed with everyones company that visits KA and especially yours for you are a dear kind friend...............

and a clot

M
mig Offline
M
I am not a clot!

Yes well I've had what I felt were horrible spasms - but not like you've had Alan - not while trapped in plaster, after having your spinal cord physically rearranged. That has to be a whole totally different level of agony that I pray you never have to cope with again, and that I hope I'll never ever know. But I am so happy for how this incredible surgery saved you!

It is a special place KA and I feel privileged and so lucky to have you as my friend... even tho you call me names!

Last edited by mig; 07/23/09 06:39 PM.
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gosh Alan - I thought you looked a bit like Harrison Ford in the recent pics from the meet-up in Toronto, but now I wonder - are you Michael Palin's stunt double?!?!?

Louise

Louise

Happy to be a physio by day, not happy to be a Spondy 24/7! wink3
I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
ahhhh th Michael Palin thing.............lots have said that. I look at him and look at me and have no idea why I am thought to look like him. lol

Think on balance though I prefer the Harrison Ford comparison,I have always been a hero with a short line inhumour, a tough guy and have always wanted a whip. wow, wait till I tell my girls....lol

And I wish I had the courage to wear a hat like his, but Michael, cripes, wish I had his brains but he has a big nose!!! I wonder if that is what others see in me.........my huge hooter.........sob....

Last edited by ineptwill; 07/23/09 07:39 AM.
I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
Hi clot, now look here Miss bear 1942, I have never, well rarely well ok, now and again, but apart from that, I have never called my miggolochops, names......so there Clot

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Quote: "Michael Palin thing.............lots have said that. I look at him and look at me and have no idea why I am thought to look like him. lol"

Agreed. NOWT like to the Palin - he's such a wet (find him irritating - summat about him: I jes HAVE to switch channels!) Best thing about the Palin, apart from his 'goodly' nose, is his hat, the rest you can bag up 'smile'.

As for hooters Alan, a good nose is generally a sign of strength - cept for Palin who (for me) is sooooo wet

Molly C (France)
Keeping on Keeping on (shoot, she's soooo self opinionated! ^LOL^)

Last edited by Mollyc1i; 07/23/09 09:31 AM.

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Great set of photos Mig. But, didn't know that you'd had spinal surgery...phew! Me? I'd be sooooo chicken (read *terrified*) not much good with pain, though have been through the mill some. Anyways, loved the set of photos. (And agreed, Mig yr fave is mine, Alan with Kat at the piano. Terrif photo.) Alan, you look a wonderful person. Your face is so very kind, and you have a delightful smile. (An ole lady can pay a compliment now an again, innit )

Molly C (France)

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Quote Mig: "I find that your ability to cope, to be optimistic and face things with such a positive attitude all the time, is just absolutely amazing!"

Catching up now - been off line for a day or two/several hours 'smile'. Phew, Alan. Some journey, and can only agree with Mig; absolutly (bloody) amazing. You give us courage - and there is many a truly couragious KA story here on the forums - know that I'm forever stunned at the sheer 'coping', sense of humour and commitment to 'keeping on'. Love my KA.

Thanks Alan for continuing the story - I salute you.

Molly C (France)
Keeping on Keeping on (an it's folks like you guys that help one TO 'keep on' )

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
lol, you 'innit Moll'...lol

Thank you for your kind words. As for the puano, they made me do it.........Oh I'll have a glass of beer I said....Not until you played the piano they said, well I was so embarrased, I am shy you see..! I notice Molly that Mig and Kat have never owned up to what was said to them by the staff at the end of the piano playing session......Is worth asking them...lol

Bless you dear lady...innit...X

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi coco,
I have enjoyed reading your story Alan it has confirmed how I had imagined it would be Im glad you decided to carry on.I have seen that some surgeons are now using minimal Invasive procedure were you sit up during the operation they think it could be safer for cases like mine.they keep you partly awake apparently SCARY
Kevin

Page 31 of 50 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 49 50

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Welcome to our Newest Members!
by Magician - 08/09/22 10:54 PM
Chamomile tea can reduce inflammation
by L33 - 07/26/22 11:20 PM